We Need A Border's Or Barnes And Noble In Katy

lmink

And right next to "topic title" is the "forum" tab when using the "view new posts" button.

I live out in the Katy area and I grow tired of these posts. We need a bookstore, we need a Chueys, we need a pappasittos, we need a container store.

We don't NEED anything. And do you think someone is going to read this forum and say OH, what a great idea let's expand in Katy because Joe Schmoe needs a cafe express within 5 minutes of his house.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, I think it just clutters up the forum. Also I grow tired of reading restraunt reviews on HAIF. People go to ww.b4ueat.com for that please.

Discussion about retail, restaurants, and other establishments (especially neighborhood-specific) are welcome. Yelp posts as well as book reviews are stated as such in the post title, and the OP of this thread clearly states what this topic is about. As always, you are welcome to NOT visit any thread that irritates you.

Discussion about retail, restaurants, and other establishments (especially neighborhood-specific) are welcome. Yelp posts as well as book reviews are stated as such in the post title, and the OP of this thread clearly states what this topic is about. As always, you are welcome to NOT visit any thread that irritates you.

I've stated my opinion, I assume under the current administration, I am still able to do that.

Thanks for the beating commissar :D

Nah, the folks in the exurb of Katy need to learn to lighten up. That's what happens when a too many neo-con Republicans live in a single zip code. They forget how to not take themselves so seriously. :lol:

I suspect many of the more influential neo-con Republicans in Houston live inside the loop.

I live in Cinco Ranch, near Westheimer Parkway and Mason and there is a Barnes and Noble bookstore a short 10-12 minute drive away from my house.

I think the one at Hwy 6 and Westheimer is why there is not one in the Katy area yet. I would not be suprised to see one built along the I-10 corridor in the future.

I live out in the Katy area and I grow tired of these posts. We need a bookstore, we need a Chueys, we need a pappasittos, we need a container store.

We don't NEED anything. And do you think someone is going to read this forum and say OH, what a great idea let's expand in Katy because Joe Schmoe needs a cafe express within 5 minutes of his house.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, I think it just clutters up the forum. Also I grow tired of reading restraunt reviews on HAIF. People go to ww.b4ueat.com for that please.

But whatever would Katy-ites have to post about, if not for the same-same-sameness of retail and restaurants? It's not like there's much else in Katy anymore. Everyone seems to have moved to Katy to get away from it all, then they started demanding to bring it all with them! <_<

A bookstore would not be hard to get, given the recent vacancies at the Mills.

Ugh - not at The Mills, please!!!! I dont want to have to go to the mall to go to the bookstore. Besides there is already a bookstore in the mall. Needs to be on Grand Parkway or I10 - good access for all.

If Katy is such a waste land, why do urbanites spend so much time on its boards? I assure you, your fixation with suburbia is much greater than most suburbanites' interest in mundane details that go on inside the loop.

That is so true...I can never understand why all these Inner Loopers are hanging out in the suburbia threads looking for the opportunity to add some snark whenever possible.

Ugh - not at The Mills, please!!!! I dont want to have to go to the mall to go to the bookstore. Besides there is already a bookstore in the mall. Needs to be on Grand Parkway or I10 - good access for all.

I think that the best bet would be for one to go in with the new Katy Main Street project which is apparently still moving forward.

Does anyone else think it's strange that with all of the new construction going up around Katy, that they haven't built a Border's or Barnes and Noble book store? Seems like La Centerra would be a prime location for it...(or nearby at least)

Does every area need cookie-cutter shops like every other ...?

• The title was changed to We Need A Border's Or Barnes And Noble In Katy

Archived