• 7 months later...

24 Hour Fitness was recently completed. Buildout is taking place nearby for a Blue Lion Salon Studios which should be complete by the fall.

IHOP will be opening a location at the intersection of Reading & Spacek Roads, near the Capital One Bank. No timeline for completion

NewQuest is updating their leasing information more frequently as of late as well. These additions are as of 3/30

For the Phase I side:  Old Navy, European Wax Center and Red Robin are listed as "proposed" tenants. The latter two would be close to FM 762 and Commercial Drive. Old Navy is proposed for the space between Palais Royal and Kohl's.

For the Phase II side: Valvoline is proposed for a pad side between Panera Bread & Olive Garden. Five Below is listed as a proposed tenant for the space previously occupied by Anna's Linens, next to JC Penney. Pet Supermarket, MedExpress & Schlotzsky's have also been proposed as tenants for the section of the development near the intersection of FM 762 and Minonite Road.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Brazos Town Center Developments
  • 7 months later...

I was searching for this one in the Southwest section and didn't catch that it was still in "Going Up". Maybe this should be moved there.

A fair amount has transpired since the last post. For example, the Palais Royal transitioned to Gordmans then that went belly-up. The most recent leasing brochure points to a preferred space for a furniture retailer.

The same brochure mentions a few new retailers planned soon including Dutch Brothers Coffee, a Houston Methodist clinic and a salon. 

Something not mentioned in that brochure, but picked up on Facebook is that Torchy's will be opening a location in the space formerly held by Panera Bread. They seem to be hiring for leadership at this location as well.

In February, two 4 story apartment buildings dubbed Town Center Lofts opened. The leasing brochure is teasing another 4 story apartment building by the same developer to be built directly behind the Hampton Inn.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The leasing brochure was updated in July.

https://www.newquest.com/pdfs/Brazos_Town_Center.pdf

Some new observations 

On the Phase I side, there appears to be a proposed Main Event location planned for the site just to the southwest of the existing Cinemark theater. There also appears to be a desire to place multiple pad sites at and near the intersection of Reading Road and Vista Drive.

Victoria's Secret landed a suite near the Target, reportedly their first in the area outside of a mall.  

For Phase II, Dutch Brothers opened in the past month or so. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went to eat with my family at Gringo's last week and saw that they had already torn apart the half of the parking lot on the adjacent Texas Roadhouse side and had removed the pond/fountain between the two restaurants. Leasing materials seem to indicate they are extending Town Center Boulevard toward the feeder.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the leasing brochure has been updated in September. Some things are the same while others are new, including a few proposed tenants.

For the Phase I side - the space southwest of the movie theater closest to Reading Road still is showing a proposed "entertainment" facility. It previously was stated as a proposed Main Event location.

It also looks like the movie theater's lot could be redeveloped and landscaped into a smaller-scale version of the lifestyle center concepts that exist at nearby First Colony Mall and also at Baybrook Mall with a small greenspace and several parcels on either side, and a restaurant proposed for the space closest to the canal.

Claire's Accessories is proposed for the space where Dress Barn once was, next to Target. Just down the way, Shoe Palace is proposed for the space that Lane Bryant/Cacique used to be in.

For the Phase II side - the restaurant pad that once was home to Carl's Jr but has been vacant otherwise for a while is now showing a proposed Dunkin' location. Interesting as there is a Tim Horton's also proposed for a long-planned restaurant parcel adjacent to the Springhill Suites hotel along Reading Road. Other new proposals include a Salad and Go behind the Stripes at Reading & Minonite Road and a Next-Level Urgent Care clinic where the Sprint Store once was.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 8:02 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

they are extending Town Center Boulevard toward the feeder.

it should have been built this way. The freeway expansion project predates that strip center, they knew traffic could suck through there - Commercial Drive is a two lane road with a left turn lane, traffic on that street sucks from 8am until 8pm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Some updates to start the year. And to see if our viewers at a certain Rosenberg-centric facebook page repurpose them into a post or two... 

Anyway - most of the maps are about the same at this point.

Burlington took over the old Best Buy space and opened on November 11th.

The Phase I side seems to show more pad sites near the Cinemark theater, with the central greenspace element still present. An "entertainment" venue like the previously mentioned Main Event or Dave and Buster's-esque tenant is still what they appear to be going for. 

I still think it's funny they imply the "Lazy River" is constantly filled on the map. It is not. If you're not from the area, they're part of a system of irrigation canals that feed what's left of some of the nearby rice fields. It starts on the west side of Richmond at the Brazos River and flows through Rosenberg and then out into what's becoming some of the more suburban housing developments south and east of the city proper before it ends at Smithers Lake near the power plant. 

One of the more interesting changes was on the Phase II side for the land immediately west of the SpringHill Suites. This was the spot where the Tim Horton's was once mentioned as an upcoming tenant. Not sure what happened, but the pad site is showing available again and not tied to a specific tenant.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Never even noticed the Lazy River on the map before.   ..    That is certainly a nice way to spin the randomly full ditch.    Wonder what would happen if me and the kids showed up with inner tubes when there is a water flowing in it.

Maybe the Tim Horton's is gone because now the old Carl's Jr site is a proposed Duncan Donuts.    Either way - a win.

The Jiffy Lube is complete.       

And Brewings has closed.   Not sure if it is being remodeled (dumpster outside it) or closed permanently.    It is next to the free-standing emergency room that was only open for about a month.   (First Choice? maybe?)

The real question is - when is the JC Penney going to shut down?   It never has more than 5-6 cars in front of it.    

er - just missed the prior post mentioning the Duncan Donuts.  Sorry for the duplication.

And the Next Level Urgent care is open,  btw.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Leasing brochure has been updated a bit in the past month.

For the Phase I Side...

The space immediately southwest of the movie theater has changed proposed uses. It has gone from being an indoor entertainment complex like the previously proposed Main Street to a space for Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply, a Montana-based retailer. That store apparently would need an outdoor yard that is across the entry way into that section of the project, and would claim one of the parcels previously proposed for a pad site. Immediately next to that parcel is one that is also offered - but currently the site of a small building that was most recently home to Child Advocates. It would likely be cleared in the process.

For the Phase II Side...

While not noted explicitly in the leasing information, the former Capital One Bank location behind the IHOP appears to have shifted uses and will be used by a firm called Pediatrix. There's nothing on Pediatrix's website about a Rosenberg location, though what I think this will be is a pediatric urgent care location that was formerly known as NightLight Pediatric Urgent Care, and whose closest location was in First Colony Commons in Sugar Land. Night Light's current website doesn't mention a Rosenberg location either, but it does discuss the transition to the Pediatrix brand.

The proposed Dunkin location is still in place where Carl's Jr. once was..

Salad And Go is listed as coming soon behind the Stripes at Reading and Minonite Roads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting - seems like a expensive place for a new competitor to Tractor Supply -which has moved twice in the last 10 years or so.      Old store was on First Street - now a VFW hall.   Moved over to a brand new store across from the Wal-Mart at intersection of Reading and Avenue I.    That lasted a few years until they moved to yet another new site on IH-69 just north of Legacy Ford.     And the old store across from Wal-Mart is now a church.

Another Tractor Supply competitor popped up in the old Office Depot store in front of Wal-Mart.   (when Office Depot merged with Office Max and consolidated in Brazos Town Center)  It was a Chinese owned Tractor Supply knock-off/restaurant supply store.   Had a Chinese restaurant in the front.   Really strange mix of goods - could get your horse feed and a stock pot big enough to take a bath in.  + knock-off tractor implements in the yard.   It only stayed open about a year or so.

City Farmer on s. Highway 36 closed a few years back - now  a   boat consignment lot.         Just trying to figure out how another farm supply store thinks it can make it - Rosenberg is changing and filling up with subdivisions.      All the people wanting to play farmer are moving out to Needville and beyond.   Which has it's own local farm supply store.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pleak said:

Interesting - seems like a expensive place for a new competitor to Tractor Supply -which has moved twice in the last 10 years or so.      Old store was on First Street - now a VFW hall.   Moved over to a brand new store across from the Wal-Mart at intersection of Reading and Avenue I.    That lasted a few years until they moved to yet another new site on IH-69 just north of Legacy Ford.     And the old store across from Wal-Mart is now a church.

Another Tractor Supply competitor popped up in the old Office Depot store in front of Wal-Mart.   (when Office Depot merged with Office Max and consolidated in Brazos Town Center)  It was a Chinese owned Tractor Supply knock-off/restaurant supply store.   Had a Chinese restaurant in the front.   Really strange mix of goods - could get your horse feed and a stock pot big enough to take a bath in.  + knock-off tractor implements in the yard.   It only stayed open about a year or so.

City Farmer on s. Highway 36 closed a few years back - now  a   boat consignment lot.         Just trying to figure out how another farm supply store thinks it can make it - Rosenberg is changing and filling up with subdivisions.      All the people wanting to play farmer are moving out to Needville and beyond.   Which has it's own local farm supply store.

McCoy's is still around isn't it? I remember they moved from the freeway and built out on the lot where Dub Miller Ford used to be. 

I do remember City Farmer growing up. I think it was Williams' City Farmer and it was located on Avenue I at Louise St behind the Safeway/AppleTree/Walgreens.  Used to go with my grandparents, who knew the gentleman who ran the store, and they got a lot of their seeds for gardening over there. It's been a washateria forever since then though.

McCoy's is still around  next to United Rentals which took the main old Dub Miller building.   I think McCoy's took the used car lot.   Forgot about them as I don't go to Ave H much - so many lights to get there.  Kind of adds to my point - even though they are not exactly a direct Tractor Supply competitor.   They are like a cross between Home Depot and Tractor Supply.     Building materials,   fencing materials - all the "hard goods"   you would need for a ranch.   But not the "soft goods"   like the farms stores - feed,  clothing,  tack, etc.

Now that you say it,  it does ring a bell that Williams City Farmer was the original name of the store that had moved to S. Highway 6.    It was after a few years the "Williams" dropped off.  Then they shut down completely 4-5 years ago.

• 2 months later...

So the old Brewingz location is being converted.   I can't see the name of it while driving by - but a Korean BBQ and hot pot restaurant is taking it's place.

And the old Papa Murphy's storefront is now a Cell Phone Repair store.

• 3 months later...

Leasing info was updated in September. Seems like they are reconfiguring the project to open up more pad sites for prospective tenants. 

For Phase I

The farm supply store and it's storage lot have been axed. It's unfortunate since I saw that same brand was about to move into a space at the mall in Victoria on my last trip and was intrigued with how that would work in a larger, more developed shopping center.

That space, locally, appears to have been replaced with a large lot close to the Cinemark that simply says "Pickleball". Not sure if they mean like a large court or a venue/restaurant like Chicken N' Pickle or something like that. There are more pad sites, like I mentioned including one that says "future restaurant"  which leads me to believe they're close to signing someone to the space.

For Phase II

The ex-Carl's Jr. that seemed to be carrying the "Proposed Dunkin'" mark appears to be available once more. Maybe not that much of a surprise. The fast food vendors at those extreme corners haven't fared well for too long. This one may need to be demolished and rebuilt for another tenant for the space to work well IMO - like what happened to the old Arby's space across the Freeway.

Also, the pad side adjacent to the SpringHill Suites along Reading Road is now showing "Under Contract" - so it sounds like there's more than a little interest in that space for once. Will see what comes of it...

As an aside - I'm pretty sure like one of our fellow members has noted - other websites tend to view these threads but not give credit to HAIF or its users for finding the stuff. There's a Rosenberg-centric Facebook page that has done this repeatedly regarding developments in this center specifically over the years, and it's not uncommon to see posts pop up there regarding what I or others mention days later. As if it were just simply on the wind...

On 10/6/2023 at 11:23 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

As an aside - I'm pretty sure like one of our fellow members has noted - other websites tend to view these threads but not give credit to HAIF or its users for finding the stuff. There's a Rosenberg-centric Facebook page that has done this repeatedly regarding developments in this center specifically over the years, and it's not uncommon to see posts pop up there regarding what I or others mention days later. As if it were just simply on the wind...

And called it...

UcErUQJ.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will see how long this takes to get to other places, but this was a new find. The PDF brochure must've been updated in the last day or few. There is this new rendering along Commercial Drive back toward the Cinemark theater which envisions the redeveloped space with additional parcels activated with retail. There's also an appearance of the complex that Sueba had previously teased adjacent.

lNhEXaa.png

Other than getting the spelling of the placeline wrong, this is good news.

This location was purpose-built as a freestanding 24 hour ER / Medical location (First Choice ER), but had been closed even prior to the pandemic from what I remember. At least it will be in use again. 

https://realtynewsreport.com/rnr-real-estate-briefs-texas-more-21/

"ROSENBURG, Texas – RapidCare Emergency Room has leased from NewQuest Properties  a 7,032 SF medical office building in Brazos Town Center at US Highway 59 and FM 762. Bob Conwell  and Austen Baldridge  of NewQuest Properties represented the landlord. Gloria Ilochonwu  of Keller Williams Real Estate  represented the tenant."

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
Rendering Post
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where it will be in the development as there's nothing in the most recent leasing info about it - but it looks like Kelsey Seybold will be building a clinic in or around the center. 

https://www.kelsey-seybold.com/newsroom-landing/archive/kelsey-seybold-announces-new-clinic-in-rosenberg

rosenberg-clinic-banner.jpg?h=593&iar=0&

"Kelsey-Seybold Clinic announced plans today to build a three-story, 54,000-square-foot clinic in Rosenberg that expands health care options for residents. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic – Rosenberg at 23337 Southwest Freeway, in Brazos Town Center, is Kelsey-Seybold’s first clinic South of the Brazos River."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The brochure has been updated again, of course and it seems there's been some attempts to lease out the existing spaces and fill pad sites.

For Phase I

The previously mentioned "Pickleball" site appears to have been fleshed out to a "Pickleball/Restaurant" concept, again pointing to a user like Chicken N Pickle.

The Sueba apartment complex (forever with the rendering of their Katy Boardwalk project) also remains.

The Kelsey Seybold building may be going on this side as a "proposed medical" building. The SF description is about the same.

Proposed new tenants for pad sites on this side include...

-Feng Cha Teahouse

-The Good Feet Store

-Lids

-Hand & Stone Massage Spa

For the Phase II side...

New proposed tenants include

-Raising Cane's (where the IHOP currently is, and if I'm not mistaken - it's still open)

-Texas Regional Bank

-Dunkin (Returning to the map where the old Carl's Jr. once was)

-A Montessori School along FM 2977

A Pad Site adjacent to the SpringHill Suites also appears to be under contract. We'll see who the user is soon enough, it seems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 8:28 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

Will see how long this takes to get to other places, but this was a new find. The PDF brochure must've been updated in the last day or few. There is this new rendering along Commercial Drive back toward the Cinemark theater which envisions the redeveloped space with additional parcels activated with retail. There's also an appearance of the complex that Sueba had previously teased adjacent.

lNhEXaa.png

Other than getting the spelling of the placeline wrong, this is good news.

This location was purpose-built as a freestanding 24 hour ER / Medical location (First Choice ER), but had been closed even prior to the pandemic from what I remember. At least it will be in use again. 

https://realtynewsreport.com/rnr-real-estate-briefs-texas-more-21/

"ROSENBURG, Texas – RapidCare Emergency Room has leased from NewQuest Properties  a 7,032 SF medical office building in Brazos Town Center at US Highway 59 and FM 762. Bob Conwell  and Austen Baldridge  of NewQuest Properties represented the landlord. Gloria Ilochonwu  of Keller Williams Real Estate  represented the tenant."

This would be a welcome upgrade if anything remotely like this comes to pass.   Right now that view  of Commercial Drive looks nothing like that.    You would be hard pressed to notice that Commercial Drive is an actual road through there as opposed to a bit wider lane in a parking lot.        

And actual greenery?   Sidewalks with people walking on it?   What is this world coming to?

• Like 1

Good news that the First Choice ER building might be getting used.   You said it closed before the pandemic.   I'm not sure that it ever actually opened up.  

The old Brewingz store next door that had a sign being converted to a Korean BBQ.   Still says that,  still has the dumpster out front,  but nothing has been done in six months.

The IHOP is still open.   That was supposed to be the location of the Raising Cane's originally.   They have been teasing us with that restaurant coming for years - so not going to hold my breath.

• 2 months later...

Brazos_Town_Center.pdf (newquest.com)

The renderings indicating there was a Raising Cane's coming had reverted back to the original design days after it was shown in the leasing documents. 

Since then, though, the document has been fairly drastically updated design wise. The emphasis appears to be leaning into promoting the development of the space around the movie theater into what is being stated as "mixed-use" (in about the loosest possible terms, IMO). The previous space earmarked for "Pickleball/Entertainment" has shifted to a space that simply says "Proposed Entertainment" with a stage - separate from the greenspace near the movie theater with its own stage.

Jr8twAU.png

Why that emphasis? A few tidbits from the document may show the way.

VaTyebz.png

2Rbp9ZI.png

In the face of such expected growth, it's not that much of surprise they might be trying to slowly start densifying sections of this space.

It's also the first time I've seen the seemingly inevitable link between the Fort Bend Parkway and Spur 10 between Pleak and Needville on any map. Best of luck on figuring that out in reality.