• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
It looks like they're going to be adding a "Kroger Marketplace" to the center, next to the JC Penney.

Haven't heard of that branding before... are there any others in the area?

Sounds like an attempt to compete with Wal Mart and Target. Interesting article here http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stor.../14/story7.html

Also, found this on Wikipedia:

Kroger Marketplace is a relatively new style of store for Kroger. The brand started in 2004 in the Columbus, Ohio, area, which lost the Big Bear and Big Bear Plus chains in Penn Traffic's Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The Kroger Marketplace format is based on the Fry's Marketplace stores that the Arizona division of Kroger is currently operating.

Similar to rival chains Meijer and Super Kmart, and modeled after Kroger-owned Fred Meyer, these stores contain multiple departments. In addition to the grocery department, they contain a Fred Meyer Jewelers, Donato's Pizza, and an in-store bank, as well as sections for toys, appliances, and home furnishings, something that Big Bear once had in their stores in the Columbus area.

In 2005, the company began renovating many Kroger Food & Drug stores in Ohio to give out an expanded and remodeled look, converting them into the Kroger Marketplace format. In February 2006, Kroger announced plans for two new Kroger Marketplace stores to open by the end of the summer in Cincinnati suburbs Lebanon and Liberty Township.[3] The store in Liberty Township opened in July 2006.[4] On October 5, 2006, a new Kroger Marketplace opened in Gahanna. With the Gahanna opening, the number of Kroger Marketplace stores is six, four in the Columbus area and two in the Cincinnati area. Two more stores are planned in 2007, one in Middletown and one in Englewood.[5] Another renovated store has recently opened in Blue Ash.

Edited by jrc

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

More glimpses from updated leasing information look like that a few more tenants have been tapped.

They include...

-A Memorial Hermann Clinic (northeast side)

-River Oaks Emergency Care Center (southeast side)

-Charming Charlie

-59 Diner, in place of the Arby's

And I'm trying to figure out what the 25ksf development's tenant would be... Any idea?

Whatisthisthing.jpg

Have no idea what is going in there - but for some reason it looks like a child/daycare to me with the playground next door.

At one time I heard Petsmart was coming - but haven't seen anything to that effect in quite a while.

The Carl's Jr. (beside Sonic) is up. They are building out on the side of Academy also. I think it's going to be a Michael's and and Ulta. Nothing terribly exciting there.

Not a bad place for the clinics. When you have kids, it's always nice to shave a few miles off the weekend runs to the minor emergency clinics. And they always seem to happen on weekends or after 5 pm.

The 59 Diner replacing Arby's is interesting. That Arby's has had a sign up ever since it opened - "NOW OPEN" Apparently they don't get much traffic where they are. I figured it was because it was Arby's. Haven't eaten there in years. Only thing good there is their Horsey Sauce. But last three or four times we ate at 59 Diner - it was a big let down also - there quality has gone down from what I remember 10-15 years ago. So doesn't sound like I'll be in that building one way or the other anyway.

One other interesting note. On the brochure

http://www.newquest....zos-Town-Center

It shows a Peter Piper Pizza tentatively coming in next to Olive Garden.

Edited by Pleak

By the way, apparently Conn's closed their location here about 3-4 weeks ago. Completely missed it. They had a closing out sale and everything was apparently really cheap. Dagnabbit! Wish I had know about that - our 37-year old oven croaked and we had to buy a new one two weeks ago. Would have been really nice to get it at a closing out sale.

By the way, apparently Conn's closed their location here about 3-4 weeks ago. Completely missed it. They had a closing out sale and everything was apparently really cheap. Dagnabbit! Wish I had know about that - our 37-year old oven croaked and we had to buy a new one two weeks ago. Would have been really nice to get it at a closing out sale.

You should probably not wait that long to get a new mattress...

You should probably not wait that long to get a new mattress...

Hey - I prefer to think of it as historic.

That brings up an interesting question. If I lived in the Heights - would I be allowed to replace either one if they were that old?

• 1 month later...

Checked the leasing brochure again...

Looks like Raising Cane's and Capital One may go in at the intersection of Spacek & Reading Roads.

Papa Murphy's Take & Bake Pizza also looks like it might be going into the pad near the entrance to 59 on the Phase II side.

Last time I drove by, it looked like the apartment complex was coming along pretty well.

Forgot the name of the development on Reading, across from SpringHill Suites, but it looked like they were starting to get the foundations or streets in place there.

• 2 weeks later...

There's already about 3 Capitol Ones in about a 5 mile radius. Guess the older one on 762 will close if this opens. As long as they don't send Alec Baldwin here.

Raising Cane's is good. I like them better than Chick-fil-A - less crowded.

The Carl's Jr is almost finished.

The Arby's that closed on the old part of the development has been being worked on for about 2 months now. Big new addition to the front - new dining room. Sign finally went up confirming 59 Diner going in there. Ambivilent about this one - last three times I went to the 59 Diner, I swore never again. Guess I'm a slow learner.

If Papa Murphy's Pizza is coming - does that mean no Pied Piper Pizza anymore?

• 2 months later...

If Papa Murphy's Pizza is coming - does that mean no Pied Piper Pizza anymore?

That's probably the case now. Saw the updated version of the plans and it looks like the place where Peter Piper would've been has been divided into two potential pad sites - one proposed as an Oakbend Medical Center Clinic. The other is just open.

Not the biggest fan of Papa Murphy's - you get to pay for them to prepare a pizza... then take it home and bake it and assorted sides/deserts yourself. You're better off getting getting something from the freezer at the store - same taste but cheaper.

As for that thing I couldn't make out earlier on the Phase II side - it looks like it will be a Children's Learning Adventure location. Funny thing is, they've planned to develop something just northwest of the Hampton Inn on the Phase I side. The current layout shows it there too... That space is bigger though - around 65k in total.

It looks like there may be an Old Navy planned for the open space between Palais Royal and Kohl's

The site that previously was Conn's may become a Marshall's/HomeGoods Store, with a Cato going in next to it.

Other new 'proposed' tenants include Firehouse Subs & Cornerstone Automotive, both on the Phase II side.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

New leasing info shows a few changes to proposed tenants.

Ā 

For phase 1 - more spaces for restaurants have emerged around the movie theater, as has a new 2-story medical office building. Only new proposed tenants I can make out are a Cavender's Boot City just northeast of the theater and a James Coney Island for a pad site in front of the theater's lot on Vista Drive.

Ā 

As for Phase 2 - the Raising Cane's & Children's Learning Adventure proposals have been removed. The ER clinic proposed for the space between Olive Garden & Cracker Barrel has reverted back to retail with an opportunity for a second restaurant.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some minor updates...

Ā 

For Phase I: JCI & Cavender's still are listed as "proposed" and the small MOB is still there as well. More pad sites have appeared though. New "proposed" tenants include Party City between Palais Royal and Kohl's and Ihop along Commercial Drive.

Ā 

For Phase II: Instead of a proposed Homegoods/Marshalls, it looks to be just a regular Homegoods store, subdivided with a Mattress One for the old Conn's space. A couple of restaurant sites have popped up near the intersection of Reading and Spacek.

Ā 

In addition, the plans show proposed revisions to the feeder on both sides in anticipation of of the reconstruction of the Southwest Freeway. Even looks like a U-turn would be included -under- the road. Pretty interesting since 59 already graduallyĀ dips somewhat along that stretch.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Looks like the leasing plan has been updated recently.

Ā 

For the Phase I side (North side of the Southwest Freeway), it appears that more pad sites for restaurants have been added to the undeveloped spaces surrounding the movie theater. No proposed tenants in that area. Party City, James Coney Island andĀ Ihop have been removed from the proposed tenants, but the site that was most recently 59 Diner (and was originally Arby's) is now showing a proposal for anĀ El Pollo Loco location.

Ā 

For Phase II (South side of the Southwest Freeway), it appears a new mix of restaurants and stores have been added. The site once proposed for the Raising Cane's near the new Capitol One Bank is now showing plans for anotherĀ chicken chain:Ā Slim Chickens. Next door to the Olive Garden, there are plans for a Brewingz, which will be next door to the space recentlyĀ leased toĀ First Choice Emergency Clinic. A narrow space between the Academy & HomegoodsĀ is now showing a proposal for aĀ Lumber Liquidators location, whileĀ the space next to Spec's shows potential buildout for a Big Lots & Goodwill.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Since it's been a while from the last update - might as well post here.

Ā 

For the Phase I side: El Pollo Loco is now open in the building that previously housed the 59 Diner. Signs are up in the undeveloped area near Reading Road and Vista Drive promoting pad buildings with simple renderings near the movie theater. In the leasing plan, numerous pad sites between 6-11ksf appear close by, particularly near the intersection of Vista and Commercial Drive. It also shows a 50k space near the Cinemark with Burlington Coat Factory as the tenant. Tween merchant Justice is also listed as a proposed tenant between the Palais Royal and Kohl's.Ā 

Ā 

For the Phase II side: Construction is progressing on the buildings that will house the BreWingz and the First Choice ER. In the new leasing plan, the former Anna's Linens location shows a proposed site of the Pet Supermarket chain. It also shows additional pad sites along or near FM 762, with at least one proposed site near Spec's targeted for for a 36ksf 24 Hour Fitness location.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...