Lawrence Marshall In Hempstead Is Shutting Down

kylejack

At least one good thing will come out of this... never having to hear that hick scream... "we clobber big city prices!". OMG he is so annoying... i would rather pay big city prices than put up with a hick like him.

When asked what the closure would mean to the community, Hempstead Chamber of Commerce President John Stanley said,

At least one good thing will come out of this... never having to hear that hick scream... "we clobber big city prices!". OMG he is so annoying... i would rather pay big city prices than put up with a hick like him.

When asked what the closure would mean to the community, Hempstead Chamber of Commerce President John Stanley said,

1.) Poor location.

2.) Bad economy.

3.) All you sell is pretty much trucks.

4.) They were a-hole idiots. The one time I drove out there, the sales guy was a complete flake, couldn't answer any questions I had. Then we got inside and since he was useless I eventually talked to a manager, who was so stubborn and idiotic on pricing. I told them straight up, here's what I want and here's what I am going to spend, and their best answer was to say "you should be looking at used cars, we can't do that". I went straight to another dealer who never even fooled around near those high prices, and I got what I wanted for LESS than I figured. So I never made that dumb drive again.

Come on now, your picking on Ray Childress, former Aggie, and former Houston Oiler. I wonder if he still was involved with the dealership or if he had sold most of his interest in it?

Nevermind, took the time to read the article and saw he was still the owner. But hey your still picking on Ray!

He's a former Aggie? I didn't know that... even more reason to be glad that we don't have to listen to his commercials anymore. :P

So... you're intolerant of hicks ? Or least you're intolerant of business people shouting hickish slogans? Or are you intolerant of all rural auto dealerships? Or are you intolerant due to your perceived generalization of any former aggie, former football player, or former aggie and football player ?

I think it's very unacceptable that you should hate against hicks, rural car dealerships, dumb slogans, aggies, or professional football players and I demand that you be tolerant all of the above.

So... you're intolerant of hicks ? Or least you're intolerant of business people shouting hickish slogans? Or are you intolerant of all rural auto dealerships? Or are you intolerant due to your perceived generalization of any former aggie, former football player, or former aggie and football player ?

I think it's very unacceptable that you should hate against hicks, rural car dealerships, dumb slogans, aggies, or professional football players and I demand that you be tolerant all of the above.

:wacko: ... :lol:

You shouldn't be so intolerant of intolerant people. He can't help it.

On a brighter note, we won't have to hear that annoying commercial any more and that spokesperson is quite rude in public. He had a Suite at Minute Maid Park and was always very ugly & abrupt with the staff. Maybe it was the booze? :D

I am more intolerant of suburban car dealerships, but that's a whole other topic.

:P:D:lol:

He talked way too slow. Reminded me too much of Phil Graham when he talked. Maybe that's how they teach'um up there in College Station.

I'm not sad either, and I'm a Hick!

I am more intolerant of suburban car dealerships, but that's a whole other topic.

:P:D:lol:

Hempstead is rural, not suburban.

Now that the suburban car dealerships will take over Lawrence Marshall's market share and benefit from it, the appropriate response from someone who is intolerant of suburban car dealerships is to be frustrated.

Hempstead is rural, not suburban.

Now that the suburban car dealerships will take over Lawrence Marshall's market share and benefit from it, the appropriate response from someone who is intolerant of suburban car dealerships is to be frustrated.

Suburban... rural... same thing. :rolleyes:

A good friend of mine, who is in the fleet department, told me that Childress never gave the employees a heads up about the closing. In fact, upon showing up for work on Wednesday, the doors were locked. A lot of guys with families are screwed, at least for a while.

A good friend of mine, who is in the fleet department, told me that Childress never gave the employees a heads up about the closing. In fact, upon showing up for work on Wednesday, the doors were locked. A lot of guys with families are screwed, at least for a while.

Wow that is not cool... <_<

Archived