Voter turnout poll.

westguy76

I know its OT, but I burst out laughing when you said that. I've got a cheap cardboard Halloween tombstone decoration on which I've scrawled in black permanent marker 'Barack H. Obama', '1961-2009' that's out in front of my door. ...yeah, I know. Poor taste. But its funny! :lol:

Poor taste, yes. Funny, no.

I don't get the joke. Are you laughing at the possibility of racists assassinating a black president?

Certainly appears that way.

What's your next project - dubbing a laugh track for Schindler's List?

Rather, a drunk man stole the keys to the car, TWICE.

If McCain wins, we'll have all the evidence we need that the voting process has been permanently, fatally corrupted.

Amen.

However, if they declare a McCain/Palin victory on tuesday night/wednesday morning, don't look for folks to turn a blind eye like they did in 2000 and 2004. The 5% anarchist in me secretely wants to see what will happen IF the powers that be even dare try...

In defense of The Niche, I read it to mean the "death" of Obama's career.

I may not think too highly of the Niche, but I don't think he'd stoop that low.

I don't get the joke. Are you laughing at the possibility of racists assassinating a black president?
Yeah, pretty much.
In defense of The Niche, I read it to mean the "death" of Obama's career.

I may not think too highly of the Niche, but I don't think he'd stoop that low.

According to him he would, and did.

What's worrisome is to think how many irrational and racist people are thinking the same thing.

I think the problem isn't thinking it, but thinking it's funny. I consider it a real threat to happen based on our history. The guy that freed the slaves got offed, the first Catholic president got offed. I'd be surprised if there weren't attempts in the first year.

What's your next project - dubbing a laugh track for Schindler's List?

Bwahahahaha! :lol: YES! OMG, Yes! That'd be beautiful.

What's worrisome is to think how many irrational and racist people are thinking the same thing.

What!? They're the ones I'm mocking. I think it that my little joke was funny; not "ha ha" funny, but dark and shockingly funny (i.e. not appropriate for St. Patrick's Day, very appropriate for Halloween).

Edited by TheNiche

Your joke reminded me of a bad stand up comedian when all you can hear is cricketts after he tells the punchline.

OK MOVING ON, NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE!

I think the problem isn't thinking it, but thinking it's funny. I consider it a real threat to happen based on our history. The guy that freed the slaves got offed, the first Catholic president got offed. I'd be surprised if there weren't attempts in the first year.

.....and Hinkley tried to off Reagan to impress Jodie Foster. Your logic is flawed. There are all sorts of reasons someone might want to assassinate a world leader. Although being black may qualify in this country, it may NOT be the actual reason that Obama may have an attempt on his life. ANY sitting President is constantly a target by some individual 'tard or radical group. I am sure there are thousands of "would be" assassins, of our current President, floating around the Dem. pool. Dontcha think 20th ?

Edited by TJones

He doesn't seem to be overconfident. They seem to be going full bore all the way until Tuesday. I don't think they are taking anything for granted.

If anyone is overconfident it is the media. I think the Obama camps is being very cautious and working hard to mobilize the vote up through election day.

.....and Hinkley tried to off Reagan to impress Jodie Foster. Your logic is flawed. There are all sorts of reasons someone might want to assassinate a world leader. Although being black may qualify in this country, it may NOT be the actual reason that Obama may have an attempt on his life. ANY sitting President is constantly a target by some individual 'tard or radical group. I am sure there are thousands of "would be" assassins, of our current President, floating around the Dem. pool. Dontcha think 20th ?

Yeah, I agree that every president has had some looney at least think about taking them out. I just think some automatically come with a lot more looneys taking aim at them than others. Until we can breed or teach ignorance out of the human population, that will always be the case.

Rather, a drunk man stole the keys to the car, TWICE.

If McCain wins, we'll have all the evidence we need that the voting process has been permanently, fatally corrupted.

Sour grapes make bitter whines.

It seems to me y

Actually Bastrop, I'd be concerned if young voters aren't turning out for early voting in greater numbers than in years past if I was a Republican.

Why?

Because in the states in which exit type polling is allowed on early voters, Obama has built huge leads in states that all went for Bush in 2004. Here are the estimated leads for Obama;

34% Iowa

34% North Carolina

23% New Mexico

18% Ohio

6% Georgia

Historically, early voters have tended to be older and male. Those are supposed to be McCain's stronger groups. That paints a very bleak picture if your friends information about younger voters not turning out is true. It becomes VERY bleak when you factor in how large the turnouts have been for early voting. In some of the states listed above, over 40% of registered voters have already voted.

Now, this could just be a reflection of the Democratic base being more energized than the Republicans, but these figures combined with just an average young voter turnout likely spells a landslide win for Obama.