Custom Fit Suit

not sure you can find one in that price range. depends on material. try duke of hollywood downtown 305 travis.

Can you get one for under a $1,000? The BF was actually talking about it the other day.

One thing I miss about military dudes is that they'd have the most amazing suits. They'd have 5 at a time made in Korea, or England, wherever they were stationed. Gotta love a man in a custom suit, and cufflinks.

Can you get one for under a $1,000? The BF was actually talking about it the other day.

been a while since i bought one to be honest....depending on style, i'll bet you could. i will say that material makes a big difference even more than style.

Edited by musicman

DUDE, there is a great place inside Katy Mills Mall, over by Midnight Rodeo, that has EVERYTHING you need, for LESS than $500. You may be able to get 2 suits for that price there.

you can get em for a lot less...but i don't want to look like john travolta circa 1977

I have a suit and some shirts from mytailor.com. I don't recall how much the suit was, but it is very well made, as are the shirts. They have a tailor that travels around the region, and according to their website, will be back around Nov 6-10. You can email them for an appointment. The tailor is kind of pushy, but knows his stuff.

http://www.mytailor.com/

Thanks for the suggestions.

Interviewing for a job?

Wedding, and I won't wear this thing more than 3 times a year.

Charbar charges $900+. I found out I can get a suit made out of nice material at Brooks Brothers so I may go there.

Either that or I can go to Nordstum and get one of the rack and have it tailored somewhere. I also heard Last Call at Katy Mills has some great deals.

I second the vote for Mytailor.com

You're not going to find anything custom made ("bespoke" is the term for it) for that price range. That would barely cover a single custom shirt at Hamilton's, much less a suit.

Nonetheless, for that price range you can get something decent off the rack that, unless you are a stringbean or an NFL lineman, will probably fit just fine with the proper alterations to the sleeves and pant legs. BB and Jos A Bank both have pretty good sales quite often, or you can go to a department store just about any time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for the suggestions.

Wedding, and I won't wear this thing more than 3 times a year.

Charbar charges $900+. I found out I can get a suit made out of nice material at Brooks Brothers so I may go there.

Either that or I can go to Nordstum and get one of the rack and have it tailored somewhere. I also heard Last Call at Katy Mills has some great deals.

If you've ever seen that A&E series "Made In America" with the guy from Cheers, they did a segment at the Brooks Brothers factory. In the episode it claimed to be the last suit company using American-made labor and materials, if that sort of thing is important to you.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

Hey friend recently i bought a custom suit for my father from online store, they have a nice collection of custom suits, try it once , you amy find it useful for your self also.

Regards,

sarah_9

sarah_9, who took the measurements for the custom suit and how was it done? How satisfied were you with the result? I buy bespoke dress shirts because they fit so well, the tailor I use has a huge selection of fabrics, and the price for the shirts is not much more than one would pay for an off-the-rack shirt from Brooks Brothers or Nordstrom's. As for trousers, jackets, and suit coats the price difference between truly custom and buying off-the-rack and having it altered is tremendous. Imagine several hundred dollars for a pair of trousers and upward of $1,500 for a suit! As "they" say, "The clothes make the man."