Don Imus will always be Don Imus

Trae

Don Imus is like teeth. Ignore him and he'll go away.

That's hilarous.

------------------

But honestly, if you listen to him, that's what you'd expect to hear. He's a shock jock. He was taking a generalization and making it into a joke, I'm sure. I'm not defending him, but I'm just saying.

...Just felt like pointing out the obvious, but I don't wanna get into this. I'm not perfect and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear similar comments if I was a fly on the wall, coming from the mouths of people who will post in this topic.

...just saw on CNN... that his comments were taken out of context. Meaning that racial profiling was probably used against Pacman Jones... and "now we know" why he was arrested so many times (because law enforcement disproportionately target black people for arrest, including him)...

Does anyone buy this explanation?

...just saw on CNN... that his comments were taken out of context. Meaning that racial profiling was probably used against Pacman Jones... and "now we know" why he was arrested so many times (because law enforcement disproportionately target black people for arrest, including him)...

Seems plausible.

Seems plausible.

Not if you watched the video. Even Pacman himself has never claimed he was arrested because of his race. And, if Imus was really sticking up for the profiled black athlete, he would have said so. He didn't.

But, it's not like anyone listens to him anymore anyway. He'll fade away, just like all the others still stuck in the 50s. The US is moving on without Don Imus and those like him, bumpy as the trip may be.

Not if you watched the video. Even Pacman himself has never claimed he was arrested because of his race. And, if Imus was really sticking up for the profiled black athlete, he would have said so. He didn't.

But, it's not like anyone listens to him anymore anyway. He'll fade away, just like all the others still stuck in the 50s. The US is moving on without Don Imus and those like him, bumpy as the trip may be.

I haven't seen the video, just heard the audio. Who was the guy he was talking to?

Just like the title to this thread says " Imus will always be Imus", you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear. Sure he's going to try and clean it up, if he loses another gig, he'll have to retire to his Wyoming ranch and feed his ego by other means. Just consider the source, and ignore it. He's a burnout on his last leg, desperately clinging to anything that will bring a spotlight on his dwindling career. He's always been the way he is, he's had diarrhea of the mouth his entire life. As long as society is the way it is, there will always be a place for idiots to breed..........

I actually think these comments are worse than the silly ones that everyone overreacted to last Summer.

Either way, he is what he is and he can say whatever he wants, and so long as the radio station and the advertisers keep paying him he can say it on the air. Ignore either and he'll soon lose his microphone. It's pretty simple.

It is a nice explanation, but intelligent people won't buy it. The first part of their conversation shows that he's not arrested for nothing. He's arrested for gun, drugs and stuff like that - times and again. Imus said he's being black explains why he does those things, not why he's arrested. But for being able to turn it on the cops, I'll let him slide this time. I don't think it will be his last tough.

Who makes me mad more is Charles Black that said another 911 will help McCain. Who needs another 911??

I don't know what Pacman Jones is so upset about ?!? He has been a "black" criminal his whole life. People just don't like hearing the truth about themselves. If Imus wouldn't have said black, and that Pacman was just a criminal, then obviously there would be no thread here.

Now, I know Imus' new producer and sidekick (who are black) are ALL window dressing to show that Imus does indeed LIKE black people, think about this. Although Imus is clearly an idiot, but how insane would he truly have be to have such little respect for his colleagues ? He was simply talking about criminals and how he feels blacks are targeted UNFAIRLY over other races. His colleagues even agreed with him, so, are they just as guilty, or do they get a pass because of their ethnicity ?

Edited by TJones

He was simply talking about criminals and how he feels blacks are targeted UNFAIRLY over other races.

No he wasn't. Listen to the tape.

His colleagues even agreed with him, so, are they just as guilty, or do they get a pass because of their ethnicity ?

You mean his employees? They ignored it when he said it. They supported his lame excuse the next day.

No he wasn't. Listen to the tape.

You mean his employees? They ignored it when he said it. They supported his lame excuse the next day.

I did hear the tape, he asked what color Pacman was then made his little stupid sarcastic quip, "There you go." You gonna tell me he didn't know what color Pacman Jones was before he asked ? Your heart is gonna bleed for a 5 time felon. Ok, good to know where your priorities lie.

You could be right, perhaps Imus is wrong and didn't know what color Pacman was, and Pacman is a pillar of the community. Just take a look at the prison system to see what race the majority of inmates are and you might see where Imus' point of view comes from. I hate that I am defending Imus to a certain extent. I don't like Imus at all, but he didn't generalize Pacman in the wrong light one bit.

Employee or not, they were right there when it happened, apparently they weren't offended. Are you saying that money makes racial strife go away ? Interesting point of view you have.

I thought the first controversy was an overreaction, but this one, eh...

Anyway, here's a perspective from The Root.

The Race Police Need to Lay Off Imus

By Jimi Izrael | TheRoot.com

Some of us are too pre-occupied with taking offense. We should be careful about limiting free speech, since we may be the next victims...

http://www.theroot.com/id/47023

And another from the magnificent Jason Whitlock.

Imus talk brings ratings, but misses point

by Jason Whitlock

I blame the white media

I thought the first controversy was an overreaction, but this one, eh...

Anyway, here's a perspective from The Root.

The Race Police Need to Lay Off Imus

By Jimi Izrael | TheRoot.com

Some of us are too pre-occupied with taking offense. We should be careful about limiting free speech, since we may be the next victims...

http://www.theroot.com/id/47023

And another from the magnificent Jason Whitlock.

Imus talk brings ratings, but misses point

by Jason Whitlock

I blame the white media