2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Obama (D-IL) vs. McCain (R-AZ)

Trae

Next United States President  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain
    • Other

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you... I'm glad someone else thinks so.

I don't think he's a robot, but he sure knows how to spew BS phrases that sound good and mean nothing. I'm voting for him anyway. McCain seems much more likely to further debase my country.

I don't think he's a robot, but he sure knows how to spew BS phrases that sound good and mean nothing. I'm voting for him anyway. McCain seems much more likely to further debase my country.

I respect that memebag, but all our votes won't count for shight in this state... (unfortunately).

*sorry, I mispelled everything. Heineken creeps on you!

Minus inheritance, otherwise plutocracy = meritocracy.

On a techical basis, I'd disagree. But for all intents and purposes, I agree.

Try reading the Texas GOP party platform.

Yeah, I don't really like them. But insofar as they fall in line with the New Hampshire GOP, they're a passable excuse for humans of some sort.

I think this is the second time McCain has tied Obama. Also, maybe that Obama Nation book had something to do with it, though a lot of that book is lies. For example, Corsi's (the author), first 9 out of 11 sources for his footnotes are....himself. The New York Times is also putting a "dart" next to the bestsellers list, because the book was bought in big chunks by conservatives.

I must compliment you on paraphrasing your talking points with greater proficiency rather than plagarizing from blogs like you used to do.

Congratulations,

-TheNiche

I must compliment you on paraphrasing your talking points with greater proficiency rather than plagarizing from blogs like you used to do.

Congratulations,

-TheNiche

You're so snotty sometimes.

:D

So then we all agree to vote write-in for RedScare with Niche as running mate? I don't see how that isn't a much better option.

Clearly, you haven't gone out drinking with these guys.

Congratulations,

-TheNiche

I did it once from a guy I know very well and said it was alright. That was months ago, get over it. :rolleyes:

I won't be doing that again.

I respect that memebag, but all our votes won't count for shight in this state... (unfortunately).

*sorry, I mispelled everything. Heineken creeps on you!

? Texas is blazing red, and you know which color McCain will be using? That means we get a lot of people who claimed to have voted for Bush because they just didn't like whatever Kerry was doing, but they're really "independent" they say. If this is your first election, and you do not like either, vote for a third party.

Given some of the past philandering of Republicans and conservatives, they might be there just so they can watch and ask to join later.

Or, they can take the Dem's approach and have their philandering made public and father children, while their wives are in the hospital with cancer. :huh:

Since we haven't gotten our daily Gallup poll update, I thought I would point out that McCain and Obama are now tied...and no, I don't place a lot of confidence in these daily polls, but it would be pretty interesting if McCain were to actually take a slight edge at some point

Right Eric, the polls are only worth a damn when Obama is in the lead aren't they ?

It does, blaming any corporation for the middle class gap is just ignorant. Look at Houston, and Aberdeen. In fact, look at all the Energy and oil related capitals and how healthy their economies are, and how their middle classes are doing.

What about all the other cities where the economy stinks? What about the fact that real wages decline 3% in June? And why, if your statement is ANY corporation, do you only mention the oil industry?

Do you want to take down every Fortune 500 company? Move to North Korea, this is free enterprise.

This sounds like a tacit admission that corporations DO in fact contribute to the shrinking middle class.

BTW, anyone care to hazard a guess why suddenly the McCain campaign has severely limited both McCain and the campaigns exposure to the media? I thought this guy was good at extemporaneous speaking?

And then there are the Republicans who say "Hey, I don't necessarily believe that... that's just the platform." Well... It's in the platform. You're standing on those principles, whether you like it or not. If you really felt that gays and lesbians are treated unfairly - do something about it.

EDIT: I guess I should say Texas Republicans... the link referenced the Texas GOP platform. Perhaps the national platform is not as hostile, or maybe it is.

When I said that I don't care about Texas Republicans insofar as they fall in line with the New Hampshire GOP, I meant it. In parts of the country where there are significant constituencies of religious zealots, Texas being one such place, politicians have to play to that constituency or they lose the election (to equally asinine populists). Successful politicians in these districts are typically bright enough not to actually care about these people on a personal basis, and therefore will only make a big stink over something when they feel that their religious constituents need to be thrown a bone...but even then it is mostly words and no action, and even where there is action taken, it seems like it is often taken in such a way as to be intentionally defeated.

That's the thing about a two-party system is that many different constituencies end up allying with one another that normally wouldn't really get along.

This is why I don't care about Obama's longtime association with Rev. Wright. It's transparent and political, a necessary component of South Side Chicago politics. It does not define Obama, peronally. It does not and will not translate to any kind of policy--only lip service.

Judging by his Russia rhetoric lately, McCain seems most likely to freebase my country.

He is an angry and unstable man. I cannot trust him with a military at his control, period.

I was thinking a lot about this yesterday, and I came to the conclusion that we must be willing to use the military as diplomatic leverage or it has no value and may as well be repositioned more like the Coast Guard, purely for domestic defense and law enforcement, operating on a budget that is a fraction of what it is today.

In Georgia, specifically, we are already involved, and already consider them an ally. In spite of that Georgia really triggered this conflict, Russia should not have entered militarily, and that they did was an open provokation to the U.S. If we do not at least take a defensive stance and flex our muscle (whether it be because the muscle is weak or because the psychology of the one that weilds it is weak) then we would effectively abdicate the perception of us throughout the world as being aggressive and a formidible opponent. Some people seem to want to make the world like us; I only want them to outwardly respect us...and not so much the individuals, who I don't care about...sovereign governments are what matter.

I did it once from a guy I know very well and said it was alright. That was months ago, get over it. :rolleyes:

I won't be doing that again.

You missed the point. What I'm saying is that rather than transparently stealing words as you have in the past, you've lately been transparently lifting talking points and are just propogating them in a really annoying way. Same thing goes for the YouTube postings. You're acting the part of a political soldier, bound by your own allegiance, apparently unwilling to contribute original and independent thought.

BTW, the notion that a book is going to have a major impact on polling is absurd. Most people don't read books, of those that do, not many read such politically charged books, of those that read politically charged books most of them don't read them in only a few days, and of all of those, the only people who are going to be motivated enough to bother are those that have already made up their mind one way or the other and that are just looking for ammo (for or against) to quash any cognitive dissonance about their choice. Also, Obama Nation got talked about a lot in the media, but the kind of attention it got was less than flattering, to say the least. And frankly, I think that a lot of people aren't bright enough to get the title, even when it is explained to them...it is probably counterproductive at best.

I accept your apology.

I apologized for nothing. :huh:

You missed the point. What I'm saying is that rather than transparently stealing words as you have in the past, you've lately been transparently lifting talking points and are just propogating them in a really annoying way. Same thing goes for the YouTube postings. You're acting the part of a political soldier, bound by your own allegiance, apparently unwilling to contribute original and independent thought.

I see. Since you're the only one that thinks that, I'll let it past. You always post and act like you got a pencil in the ass when you post, especially towards me. It's nothing...

Don't care what you say. I'm not doing anything wrong. I did the one and only time, but won't do it again. You can't stop bringing it up though, and love clinging to it.

Georgia isn't the only region in conflict in the Caucasus, thanks to multinationals throwing their support and resources behind various factions. The oil there is a European problem, and the US does not need to put itself at the forefront of another disaster. Thankfully it isn't a member of NATO yet.

I see. Since you're the only one that thinks that, I'll let it past. You always post and act like you got a pencil in the ass when you post, especially towards me. It's nothing...

Don't care what you say. I'm not doing anything wrong. I did the one and only time, but won't do it again. You can't stop bringing it up though, and love clinging to it.

This is the first time I've brought it up since I caught you in the act. I see a kind of pattern and analogy to that situation, is all, and so I'm going to use it to support my argument.

Btw, I only have one ass pencil. There isn't one that I keep next to my computer with your name inscribed on it.

This is the first time I've brought it up since I caught you in the act. I see a kind of pattern and analogy to that situation, is all, and so I'm going to use it to support my argument.

What argument? What the hell are you trying to do? Your sorry ass has nothing else to do on a Friday night/Saturday, other than try to bring up some old events to do I don't know what? Continue clinging on.

Btw, I only have one ass pencil. There isn't one that I keep next to my computer with your name inscribed on it.

ya...

You're not worth my time. If you really had a problem with how I was posting, you could have PMed me and not this dumb stuff.

What argument? What the hell are you trying to do?

See post #530.

Your sorry ass has nothing else to do on a Friday night/Saturday, other than try to bring up some old events to do I don't know what? Continue clinging on.

ya...

You're is not worth my time. If you really had a problem with how I was posting, you could have PMed me and not this dumb stuff.

I'd just come back from a ballgame (and thanks again for the tickets, Crunch), so I HAIFed a bit.

Oh, poor, pitiful, pathetic me! :lol:

Seriously, you need to stop being so defensive.

Or, they can take the Dem's approach and have their philandering made public and father children, while their wives are in the hospital with cancer. :huh:

Philandering while the wife is in the hospital? Are you talking about Newt or McCain?

What about all the other cities where the economy stinks? What about the fact that real wages decline 3% in June? And why, if your statement is ANY corporation, do you only mention the oil industry?

This sounds like a tacit admission that corporations DO in fact contribute to the shrinking middle class.

BTW, anyone care to hazard a guess why suddenly the McCain campaign has severely limited both McCain and the campaigns exposure to the media? I thought this guy was good at extemporaneous speaking?

There are so many different factors that come into play, I'm sure since you've been on this earth much longer then I, you probably know how the world works better then me. I mentioned the Oil Industry because of the discussion Trae and I were having. Then I brought up ANY corporation because to blame them is only beneficiary to the Candidate you are supporting.

BTW, the notion that a book is going to have a major impact on polling is absurd. Most people don't read books, of those that do, not many read such politically charged books, of those that read politically charged books most of them don't read them in only a few days, and of all of those, the only people who are going to be motivated enough to bother are those that have already made up their mind one way or the other and that are just looking for ammo (for or against) to quash any cognitive dissonance about their choice. Also, Obama Nation got talked about a lot in the media, but the kind of attention it got was less than flattering, to say the least. And frankly, I think that a lot of people aren't bright enough to get the title, even when it is explained to them...it is probably counterproductive at best.

Not the book per se... but the negative attack ads, based on the book...

Archived