I wish HAIF...

editor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish HAIF... had a forum re-order/redesign, to make it less confusing on where to post what. For example Going Up! Maybe there should be a subforum called "Going Up: Suburban/Regional development" for those developments like Vintage Park and stuff that are in the Going Up section.

Ditto, I wish there was a format for a mobile website, like iPhone.

I made HAIF:Now specifically for the iPhone. It's not perfect, but it's a start. I'm thinking about tinkering with the Lo-fi version of HAIF to see if I can make it iPhone and Blackberry-friendly.

I made HAIF:Now specifically for the iPhone. It's not perfect, but it's a start. I'm thinking about tinkering with the Lo-fi version of HAIF to see if I can make it iPhone and Blackberry-friendly.

Sweet, I will check it out on my iPod touch when I get access to my wifi at home tonight.

Currently, I have the PC site bookmarked, but will change it.

BTW this is funny . . .

HAIF:Now is not suitable for babies, the elderly, puppies, or women who are pregnant or intend to become pregnant. Check with your doctor before using smooth, refreshing HAIF:Now.

:P

......... was occularly mounted and wired to my brain so I could walk around and work, and have "virtual HAIF" all day long !

That's probably easier than getting it to work with a Blackberry.

If you're not sniffin' glue, what are you sniffin'? ;)

the future!

TJ is sniffin' the future. Ill-fitting, ugly, extraneous objects, sticking in your ear?

Or inches away from your face and a bad image at that? Not even! Pipe it on in! Simple technology.

Plastics, lockmat. All about plastics.

I used it last night, works great!

That's probably easier than getting it to work with a Blackberry.

My "CRACKBERRY" seems to work just fine with HAIF, perhaps it's the loose nut in front of your screen ? :P:lol:

If you're not sniffin' glue, what are you sniffin'? ;)

LOL! Would you please stop dragging quotes from other threads ! You are making people ask, "WTH?" :lol::lol::lol:

the future!

TJ is sniffin' the future. Ill-fitting, ugly, extraneous objects, sticking in your ear?

Or inches away from your face and a bad image at that? Not even! Pipe it on in! Simple technology.

Plastics, lockmat. All about plastics.

Leave it Crunch to come in with the "suggestive" posts. That's why I love her, you naughty little minx!!!

My "CRACKBERRY" seems to work just fine with HAIF, perhaps it's the loose nut in front of your screen ? :P:lol:

LOL! Would you please stop dragging quotes from other threads ! You are making people ask, "WTH?" :lol::lol::lol:

Leave it Crunch to come in with the "suggestive" posts. That's why I love her, you naughty little minx!!!

totally unintentional on that post, TJ! Seriously! But if it works for ya, OK. :D I was having a sci-fi moment about humans being wired directly to their content provider.............

I wish HAIF...incorporated or replaced the search option with google. It's much easier to find a thread via google than it is with the provided search engine here. It can't even find the simplest thread and it has limitations.

I guess I could simply continue using google instead, but it's more convenient to not leave HAIF.

I wish HAIF...incorporated or replaced the search option with google. It's much easier to find a thread via google than it is with the provided search engine here. It can't even find the simplest thread and it has limitations.

I guess I could simply continue using google instead, but it's more convenient to not leave HAIF.

I'm pretty sure I know how to make this happen. I'll put it on my list.

It's funny because sometimes I search for titles (threads) that I created and I cannot find them. And why can't you search for three letter words?

It's funny because sometimes I search for titles (threads) that I created and I cannot find them. And why can't you search for three letter words?

Because creating an index containing all the tiny words would swamp the server. The smaller the words, the more of them there are, the more entries in the search database, and it all gets out of hand.

... used one size of advertisements on the page.

I hate scrolling down forever just to see the actual content.

... had smarter flood control.

Sometimes I accidentally hit "View new posts" twice and now I have to wait 20 seconds to see anything which usually means I move on to another website.

... used one size of advertisements on the page.

I hate scrolling down forever just to see the actual content.

Unforuntately, different advertisers request different sizes. I wish they were all the same size, too.

On my computer, the top-of-page ads end after 335 pixels. Is that not the case on yours? Do you know what screen resolution you're using?

Of course, there are some people who don't see any ads at all.

Here's how it looks on my screen with and without ads. Is yours significantly different?

With ads:

gallery_1_86_124518.png

Without ads:

gallery_1_86_275807.png

Sometimes I accidentally hit "View new posts" twice and now I have to wait 20 seconds to see anything which usually means I move on to another website.

I can fix that, no problem. I'll set it to five seconds. Let me know if that's too long. We don't have many bots on HAIF that we need to control. One of the more subtle anti-spambot methods I put together about 18 months ago is still doing a really good job of fending off attacks.

So many useful suggestions. Keep 'em coming!

Just hit the back button and wait about five seconds. That usually works for me.

Just hit the back button and wait about five seconds. That usually works for me.

I hate work-arounds. That's Windows thinking. Things should Just Work™ the first time. That's why I'm soliciting these ideas. If you are using any other work-arounds on HAIF, let me know so I can fix the problem at its root (if possible).

The reason I'm asking for all these ideas is that I just finished processing 1,400 photographs from Istanbul, so I'll have a little free time in the next few days to tinker with HAIF.

Archived