I wish HAIF...

editor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, you're right. HAI has a different purpose. That's why I created the Houston wiki on Towrs, so people could add to their heart's content.

Eventually HAI will be a little more interactive, but I don't think it will ever be as open to public content as Towrs.

Thats a shame, I miss being able to contribute more to the site. Expecially when people purchased the photo. I didn't care about the 50%, you should have kept it all...

Thats a shame, I miss being able to contribute more to the site. Expecially when people purchased the photo. I didn't care about the 50%, you should have kept it all...

You're actually able to contribute more to the wiki than you ever were with HAI. With Towrs you can contribute text, maps, charts, graphs, along with the photos. The previous upload program on HAI was just for pictures, and then it took me a couple of weeks to get around to actually posting the pictures. With Towrs when you upload a picture, it's instantly available to anyone who searches. Or in under a minute you can add that picture to an article page.

I could make HAI fully interactive, but that would take me a couple of months and wouldn't work as well as wiki software, so it just made sense to give people the option of full interactivity rather than some lame half-implementation I could cobble together.

You're actually able to contribute more to the wiki than you ever were with HAI. With Towrs you can contribute text, maps, charts, graphs, along with the photos. The previous upload program on HAI was just for pictures, and then it took me a couple of weeks to get around to actually posting the pictures. With Towrs when you upload a picture, it's instantly available to anyone who searches. Or in under a minute you can add that picture to an article page.

I could make HAI fully interactive, but that would take me a couple of months and wouldn't work as well as wiki software, so it just made sense to give people the option of full interactivity rather than some lame half-implementation I could cobble together.

I guess its good to have both sites. I'm just too lazy to open a new page, fill out the website jibber jabber, and do the math problem. A bit selfish, since you would have to do the work if it was on HAI. lol So nevermind ^_^

Archived