Plaza At Belliare II : Multifamily On Chimney Rock Rd.

That hasn't been my experience at all.

Is your experience really one in which driving 7.06 miles (total distance to drive your suggested Richmond-Shepherd-US 59-288-I-45-Spur-Calhoun route) is faster than driving 3.97 miles (Richmond/Wheeler-Dowling-Alabama-Scott)?

Is your experience really one in which there are never backups heading North on US 59 between Kirby and the Spur?

Is your experience really one in which the feeder ramp from 288/59 onto I-45 South is never backed up?

Is your experience really one in which most people who visit UH go to the "main entrance" which is on the far Southeast side of the campus and away from all sporting venues, Rother's bookstore, the Alumni Center, all performance halls, the chapel, and the colleges of science, architecture, liberal arts, pharmacy, social work, performing & visual arts, etc...?

Or, are you just really being stubborn and trying to make your original point that this new strip center will be equidistant from Richmond @ Dunlavy as is The University of Houston?

If we had a thread for every OTL strip mall, everything interesting -- you know, the 'architecture' part of HAIF -- would be lost in the noise.

ps. to Niche. I frequented Deidrich's when I was an undergrad, so I happen to be very familiar with the route you describe. Westheimer/Elgin FTW; 59/45 and the DT interchange is crap half the day.

Edited by woolie

Is your experience really one in which driving 7.06 miles (total distance to drive your suggested Richmond-Shepherd-US 59-288-I-45-Spur-Calhoun route) is faster than driving 3.97 miles (Richmond/Wheeler-Dowling-Alabama-Scott)?

Yes.

Is your experience really one in which there are never backups heading North on US 59 between Kirby and the Spur?

No.

Is your experience really one in which the feeder ramp from 288/59 onto I-45 South is never backed up?

Southbound to I-45, not so much.

Is your experience really one in which most people who visit UH go to the "main entrance" which is on the far Southeast side of the campus and away from all sporting venues, Rother's bookstore, the Alumni Center, all performance halls, the chapel, and the colleges of science, architecture, liberal arts, pharmacy, social work, performing & visual arts, etc...?

These days, yes. If I were still a student in the business school...most often, yes.

Or, are you just really being stubborn and trying to make your original point that this new strip center will be equidistant from Richmond @ Dunlavy as is The University of Houston?

Absolutely, yes. Doesn't make me any less correct.

If only the manager at the fabulous Bellaire Crossing Apartments had marketed their property like 2727 Kirby on their website: "...ideally situated...within mere minutes you can be shopping in the Galleria..." Perhaps they'd still be standing. Both are approximately the same distance from the big mall. (3 miles)

Maybe, in 30 years the 99

It looks like this center will be located in the Mayor's first of 10 proposed wireless internet bubbles. He wants to provide this service to low-income areas. However, I can't see the need to surf the net while shopping at the $.99 Store.

• The title was changed to Plaza At Belliare II : Multifamily On Chimney Rock Rd.