Pearland & Shadow Creek Town Centers

bsienk

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walked in front of it [Mooyah] yesterday. Seems to be ready, should be opening pretty soon. There are still plenty of notices on the windows about liquor permit, etc; might be what is holding them.

Wendy and I went to the grand opening of Mooyah's last weekend. It will be our one and only visit there. The fries were good but the burgers were a tasteless, greasy mess. Considering the prices they are charging, I predict this place will go out of business within a year. Mooyah is too expensive to compete with the other fast-food burger/sandwhich places nearby, and if I'm going to pay more for a burger then I'm going to Red Robin instead, which is just across the street. At least at Red Robin I know I will get a tasty burger for my $$.

Just our opinion, others may like Mooyah.

Mooyah isn't good enough to be gourmet, but probably not cheap enough to be fast food, so they are in an interesting place.

Buns are good, burgers are very very thin (though double stacked), and just ok. Fries are excellent.

Personally, my Red Robin experience was not good, I won't go back. I will probably still go to Mooyah's if I really want a burger on this side of 518 though.

Buns are good, burgers are very very thin (though double stacked), and just ok. Fries are excellent.

I visited Mooyah a couple of weeks ago. Burgers and fries ok, very good milkshakes. My neighbors had the turkey burger and they loved it.

I'll be back and probably head that way over Red Robin, but they won't beat the taste of that Whopper at 3 a.m!

Wendy and I went to the grand opening of Mooyah's last weekend. It will be our one and only visit there. The fries were good but the burgers were a tasteless, greasy mess. Considering the prices they are charging, I predict this place will go out of business within a year. Mooyah is too expensive to compete with the other fast-food burger/sandwhich places nearby, and if I'm going to pay more for a burger then I'm going to Red Robin instead, which is just across the street. At least at Red Robin I know I will get a tasty burger for my $.

Just our opinion, others may like Mooyah.

My family and I went to Mooyah's last weekend as well and we will NOT be back. The burgers are not worth the price and their hygienic practices are questionable. I didn't like the fact that they kept the same latex gloves on while making burgers, cleaning equipment, taking credit cards and money from customers, and going in and out of their stockroom.....gross.

I'm with Chamo. Forget these fancy burger places, a Texas Whopper or Angry Whopper is as good as it gets, for less. Can't beat the KING!!

The Whataburger with cheese, xtra onions and jalapenos beats the puny Burger King every time!

Knowing Chamo, Jack in the Box at 3 am would be good.

It's hard socializing in the big city when you live out there in the coastal 'burbs. ;)

• 1 month later...

What is that construction on the pad site just across the street from the HEB car wash? Is it the McDonald's that the site plan shows for that location? Can anyone confirm?

Yes, that seems to be the McDonalds...... Wonder what they will do with La Madeleine plot which foundation has been sitting still for more than 2 years now.

• 1 month later...

Yes, that seems to be the McDonalds...... Wonder what they will do with La Madeleine plot which foundation has been sitting still for more than 2 years now.

You are correct, as there is now a little sign on the side of the roof that says McDonalds. This seems to be one of the "new design" McDonalds, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably nothing till the economy gets going again...pretty much nothing happening with new projects for this year (McD/Sports Authority probably already started before this year)

• 4 weeks later...

A new restaurant named Mongo has just opened up at the Pearland Town Center. Has anyone tried it yet?

We visited this restaurant yesterday. Nice ambiance. Not many choices. Food is expensive. You need to be a good cook to make the right selections (in terms of quantitiy)

Would I go again ? Mongo ----> NO GO

Archived