Pearland & Shadow Creek Town Centers

bsienk

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stopped by PTC today, it's looking nice. I'll stop by again this weekend with a camera...

I think that complex, especially Macy's willbe helped a lot if that storage beside the road is pulled down, don't you think?

I agree. That storage place is simply in the wrong place now.

• 2 weeks later...
No more Cheddars??.... :angry: I was looking forward to having one close by. Well, I see they're putting up another McDonalds.....wow just what we needed.... :angry:

What's wrong with Big Macs?

McDonald's Burgers have gotten much drier and smaller since the 70s and 80s...it was better when they used to premake the burgers and slip them down that rack already wrapped....now they keep the meat warm in a draw but it's dry as I dont know what

Anyway, why do we need another McDonald's on 518?? There is one right across from the Kroger about 2 miles down the road.

That 2 mile stretch of road can be pure traffic hell. I prefer to avoid it. This new McD's will allow me to do that. I suspect my neighbors who live west of 288 feel the same way.

That 2 mile stretch of road can be pure traffic hell. I prefer to avoid it. This new McD's will allow me to do that. I suspect my neighbors who live west of 288 feel the same way.

Yes, that Kroger is at best a 10 or 20 minute drive from us west of Kingsley, and sometimes much longer. Considering the time, traffic, and cost of gas, many folks would rather do their shopping, dining, fast-food munching, or whatever closer to home.

Mark it down...west of 288 on 518 and the exit from 288 at 518 will become the new king of "traffic hell" once Pearland Town Center opens.

Mark it down...west of 288 on 518 and the exit from 288 at 518 will become the new king of "traffic hell" once Pearland Town Center opens.

I'm not so convinced it will wrestle the crown from other parts of Pearland. I believe the stretch of 518 between the Pearland towncenter and Shadowcreek center is well designed. There are 6 lanes of through traffic, plus 2 left turning lanes westbound into the towncenter at all 3 westbound entrances to the towncenter (the first road, Business Center Blvd, and Kirby). And even the east bound traffic has a turning lane at those 3 intersections. That is far superior to what 518 has east of 288.

I agree there will be traffic congestion at the towncenter, but in my opinion it can be blamed on the lack of feeder roads along 288. I was quite disappointed when I saw that project now shows a projected completion date of Jan, 2010.

• 1 month later...
The Denny's and Thai Cottage are open now. Lots of cars parked in front of both. I haven't tried either yet.

Thai Cottage food was excellent. Great lunch specials. Tried a curry plate and the fried rice.

Also stopped at Denny's around 6:00 a.m. this past weekend. I was getting back home and given my condition at the time any food was going to taste great.

Did you see the new blog of Robert at the Chron. Like him I was expecting traffic to be worse than it has been after the opening of PTC. Probably since we are west of 288, we don't feel it as bad as people on the other side. We'll have to wait and see what happens during the holidays.

Did you see the new blog of Robert at the Chron. Like him I was expecting traffic to be worse than it has been after the opening of PTC. Probably since we are west of 288, we don't feel it as bad as people on the other side. We'll have to wait and see what happens during the holidays.

Yep, just read that today. I posted a comment under the alias I See the Problem. Westbound traffic on 518 in front of the towncenter seems fine, even at peak times, which is about like I expected. However, the eastbound traffic there can still be a nightmare. That last traffic light before going under the 288 overpass is the killer; I timed it staying green for only 20 seconds in the middle of peak hours in the afternoon. Totally ridiculous, and the cause of the backups and gridlock at the intersections in front of the towncenter. Hope someone fixes that soon.

On a happier note, Wendy and I must try the Thai Cottage soon! :rolleyes:

On a happier note, Wendy and I must try the Thai Cottage soon! :rolleyes:

Thai Cottage is excellent. I have been enjoying them for years over in Clear Lake for lunch. I told them as soon as I moved to SCR two years ago that they need to put in another restaurant in SCR. I told them the area was booming! They finally listened to me. :) My wife and I are absolutely thrilled to have a Thai restaurant nearby finally.

• 3 weeks later...
Thai Cottage is excellent. I have been enjoying them for years over in Clear Lake for lunch. I told them as soon as I moved to SCR two years ago that they need to put in another restaurant in SCR. I told them the area was booming! They finally listened to me. :) My wife and I are absolutely thrilled to have a Thai restaurant nearby finally.

We tried Thai Cottage for the first time last Monday. It was OK, but we left feeling underwhelmed. The satay appetizer we had was quite disappointing.

We prefer other Thai restaurants in the GHA more than this one, but on the other hand, this one is only 1 mile away from home. We could learn to like it more with that advantage. ^_^

We tried Thai Cottage for the first time last Monday. It was OK, but we left feeling underwhelmed. The satay appetizer we had was quite disappointing.

We prefer other Thai restaurants in the GHA more than this one, but on the other hand, this one is only 1 mile away from home. We could learn to like it more with that advantage. ^_^

Sorry to hear that. I was there for lunch also Monday..... Yellow Curry on the spicy side that left my mouth burning the rest of the day; love it.

I also tried for the first time the Fish City Grill; service is not smooth yet as you would expect from a new restaurant, but I have to say that food was a great surprise.

Just happy to have new options around the area. Mimi's & Red Lobster should be up and running pretty soon too.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a banner hanging on the side of the new Red Lobster at the PTC, I believe it says the grand opening is going to be Oct. 13th.

I also got a flyer on my mail from Dillard's. They are opening at the end of October..... I remember originally when the PTC plans came out they were talking 2009 opening for Dillard's, so they did pretty good.

Training is going on at Mimi's so should be opening soon and Gringo's is moving along, I give it one or two months to open.

• 4 weeks later...

We ate at Mimi's yesterday. We were happy with the service, food quality and prices. I was especially pleased with their breakfast menu, which they serve until 2pm. IMHO, Mimi's is the place if you want a step up from Denny's or IHOP. The nice thing is that Mimi's prices were comparable to IHOP's - not expensive like I had suspected.

We also went to Dillard's and it looks nice.

Looking forward to when that Gringo's opens...

• 1 month later...

Coming soon to Shadow Creek Town Center; Mooyah; sign is up. Nothing wrong with Burger King & Whataburger for my personal taste, but good to have another option.

A friend told me that he ate the best burger ever at a place called Five Guys in Brazos Town Center; 20 minutes or so from my office; I will have to go and give it a a try.

Archived