Endeavour Condominiums

yaga

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped into the sales office earlier today and picked up one of the informational folders they provide, and it seems they're beginning to market the Parkside tower more. Per the sales sheet, it looks like there are only 5 units left in the first tower.

The Parkside construction site is where a ton of cars are parked (presumably for both projects) at the moment, though it does look like they have started clearing away whatever was on the site beforehand. Also, the rendering below was included in the folder and I don't recall seeing it before.

EndeavourParkside.jpg

I stopped into the sales office earlier today and picked up one of the informational folders they provide, and it seems they're beginning to market the Parkside tower more. Per the sales sheet, it looks like there are only 5 units left in the first tower.

The Parkside construction site is where a ton of cars are parked (presumably for both projects) at the moment, though it does look like they have started clearing away whatever was on the site beforehand. Also, the rendering below was included in the folder and I don't recall seeing it before.

EndeavourParkside.jpg

I love it! :wub:

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

From a couple of business owners on the Seabrook side of the lake I have heard that as well. Originally they put it on hold while they developed the section to east (old Marker 1) which was to have retail, hotel and fewer condos. That property is now for sale.

I think that Endeavor would should have been a nominee on Swamplots annual awards thing they are running right now.

If you are referring to my post, yes. Should have been more clear. The one that is built is Endeavor Clear Lake, the one next to it was to be Endeavor Parkside, I'm not sure what they were planning to call the development at what was Marker 1.

What I do know is they bought up and closed two perfectly good bars.

If you are referring to my post, yes. Should have been more clear. The one that is built is Endeavor Clear Lake, the one next to it was to be Endeavor Parkside, I'm not sure what they were planning to call the development at what was Marker 1.

What I do know is they bought up and closed two perfectly good bars.

I noticed in the Endeavour Magazine that they mentioned they have some unique black fence up before their projects start. Not that it means much, but I wonder if it is still up?

I noticed in the Endeavour Magazine that they mentioned they have some unique black fence up before their projects start. Not that it means much, but I wonder if it is still up?

if plywood painted black is unique, then yes one of their properties still has that.

if plywood painted black is unique, then yes one of their properties still has that.

lol, well that's how they described it in the magazine.

There's an Endeavor magazine?

Hopefully it's written as horribly as every other piece of marketing I've ever seen a builder produce. I need a copy!

Yeah, i think they've only made one issue. Although the rest of their websites are down, their one for the magazine is still up, but it's the Q1 2008 issue.

• 5 months later...

Clear Lake high rise developer in bankruptcy

The developer of a Clear Lake high-rise has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in an apparent move to shield the property from foreclosure.

Endeavour Highrise LP, which built Endeavour Clear Lake, filed the voluntary bankruptcy petition earlier this month.

Records indicate Endeavour Highrise was posted for a foreclosure sale that was to take place May 5, the day after the developer made the Chapter 11 filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.

In 2008, the developer said about 70 of the building

thats really no surprise to me, i never seen anyone go in or out of the endeavour condo highrise. i think we all saw this coming

On the contrary, they intentionally and maliciously put out false information to the competitive environment about the number of units that they had sold and began planning several other highrises in the Clear Lake and Galveston areas as if to suggest that the first one was so successful that several others could also be successful, even if they had to compete against one another. It was a total smoke screen. Before very long, there were about a dozen proposed highrises along Clear Lake, representing many other developers that had become convinced that they could create a successful copycat of the Endeavor project.

I'd suspect that these folks are going to be tied up in court for years to come.

There's an Endeavor magazine?

Not anymore, but here's a link to the media kit. It was mostly just photographic eye candy. Lots of scantily clad models, wine, yachts, and sunsets, all printed on heavy stock high-gloss paper. I don't think anybody read the articles. It could never have passed for actual journalism, however that was never the intent. I'm not even sure that the real intent was to sell the lifestyle to prospective buyers as much as it was to try and create an aura of legitimacy around the organization as it might be perceived by stakeholders and industry professionals. Those are folks who (as you probably are already aware) are oblivious to written content and like being associated with the trappings of wealth. If I'm right about their intent, then it worked, and it worked well. The project may have gone bust, but the developer no doubt already collected their fee from the equity partners.

It is interesting, however, that since HAIF first linked into the article, the Chronicle has removed the comment comparing the number of actual sales to the number previously reported by the developer. I'm guessing that Endeavor's lawyer got to them. I wonder whether the 'error' will make it into the print edition.

On the contrary, they intentionally and maliciously put out false information to the competitive environment about the number of units that they had sold and began planning several other highrises in the Clear Lake and Galveston areas as if to suggest that the first one was so successful that several others could also be successful, even if they had to compete against one another. It was a total smoke screen.
i know someone that did some work for them and had mentioned last yr that the place looked empty when they went in vs what the company was telling them. the parking garage in front has sure looked empty since the beginning.

• 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Endeavour Condominiums
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived