Super Tuesday Scoreboard

RedScare

Okay so how does that correlate to Reagan in '76? Was Ford on his deathbed? (I am not speaking political deathbed). Reagan's choice of Schweiker as a running mate killed his chances. Huckabee is killing his chances at VP if he has any. How about Ron Paul is he waiting on McCain to kick the bucket too? Hell Ron Paul looks dead half the time already.

I figure the Teamsters will insure Ohio for Obama, with the huge Union Labor Base in that state. Not sure it does anything for Texas being a right to work state that the Teamsters have very little clout in.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe this idiot Huckabee won't concede he's done, mathmatically out of it, what is his point other than lining his pockets.

Why should he quit? He seems to enjoy campaigning, and he's already gone this far. Some will resent him for staying in, but I don't think he cares about their opinion.

I can't believe this idiot Huckabee won't concede he's done, mathmatically out of it, what is his point other than lining his pockets.

Imo it's called a shot at the VP. McCain could use Huck as proof to his conservative rivals that he is indeed conservative enough to vote for in November.

Imo it's called a shot at the VP. McCain could use Huck as proof to his conservative rivals that he is indeed conservative enough to vote for in November.

I think Huck's "change the constitution to match biblical principals" (paraphrase) killed any VP chance he may have had. That works for his voters but won't fly in the general election. He'd be more of a liability to McCain now.

Okay so how does that correlate to Reagan in '76? Was Ford on his deathbed? (I am not speaking political deathbed). Reagan's choice of Schweiker as a running mate killed his chances. Huckabee is killing his chances at VP if he has any. How about Ron Paul is he waiting on McCain to kick the bucket too? Hell Ron Paul looks dead half the time already.

I figure the Teamsters will insure Ohio for Obama, with the huge Union Labor Base in that state. Not sure it does anything for Texas being a right to work state that the Teamsters have very little clout in.

Because Reagan didn't stop and didn't give up. He made it - in the next election. Same thing with Huckabee... he's out there show boating "hey, look at me!" ... so we'll remember him next time - the guy who didn't quit (like Romney) - even in the face of impossible odds...

Yeah he's sounding more and more like Pat Robertson everyday. He's a boat anchor, for sure. Don't rule out Charlie Crist for the VP ticket. Either him or Richard Burr are my guesses.

...why not just put Mark Foley on the ticket...

He's doing the same thing Reagan did in 1976 (taking it all the way to the convention, if he can)... so he can get ready for the next election cycle. =)

EDIT: He's also protecting for the possibility that McCain could die. He needs to get more delegates than Romney if he wants to have any chance of being the torch bearer.

Or, perhaps he was waiting for this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/21/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin

I think Huck's "change the constitution to match biblical principals" (paraphrase) killed any VP chance he may have had. That works for his voters but won't fly in the general election. He'd be more of a liability to McCain now.

You may be right, but McCain already has most of the Rep moderates, and he's going to need someone to apeal to the far right now. Of course I will admit that Huck's "constitution" comment doesn't help his chances at VP, but he's well known, and seems to be popular with the Christian right.

• 2 weeks later...
Not looking good for Hillary

McCain is a lock, that's scary.

NBC News just called Ohio for Hillary. She also got Rhode Island. Obama gets Vermont. Texas to close to call, but virtually every big county is going strong for Obama, save Bexar County.

Oh, and Preconct 0053 (my precinct) caucus looked like it went Obama. That was interesting. :)

Yeah but her margins are so low, it's going to still be hard for her to overtake him in delegates.

I think he may well end up getting more delegates than she does tonight. Wyoming and Mississippi are expected to go strong for Obama, too.

I think he may well end up getting more delegates than she does tonight. Wyoming and Mississippi are expected to go strong for Obama, too.

Whether he does or not, this is no landslide victory for either. He's held his own pretty effectively, and that is all that was needed for Obama. I'm not ready to count out Clinton, but I'd give her some pretty long odds.

Complete madness down here in my precinct. The Republican caucus/meeting began at 8:00. The democratic caucus started at 7:15. At 8:00, it appeared Democrats out numbered Republicans 38:1. Things were so disorganized. It was overwhelming. Ran out of registration sheets, so spiral notebook paper was used instead. Hopefully, those sheets don't get thrown out in the trash. Several resolutions voted upon including: 1.) Eliminating the super delegate process, 2.) Reducing CO emissions, 3.) Immediate end to the Iraq war, 4.) Eliminating cooperate tax loopholes, specifically the abuse of the agricultural exemption, and others. Democratic caucus representation results, in my precinct, were 17 Obama, 6 for Clinton, almost 3 to 1. Not sure if the results on TV are reflecting this yet.

EDIT: The Democratic caucus was supposed to start at 7:15. It didn't. It started after 8:00. The Republicans were in and out at 8:00 (actually, they met behind the main facility, outside.) Books were a mess. Had two precincts voting in the same location. Took forever to get that sorted out.

We just turned it over to to 13 and Kelly Siegler's campaign party, which looked an awful lot like the inside of a Hooters on Westheimer and Gessner. And she just looked drunk.

It was actually Ragin Cajun (I assume the original, but could be the one at Westheimer and Gessner).

And yes, she did look drunk (but not yet dronk)

My precinct caucus was pretty smooth all in all. I'd guess about 500 people packed into the Whidby Elementary cafeteria. It was hot as hell. If anyone was there, I was the one non-black attendee. :)

Although there was a pretty good line to get in, the precinct chairman and secretary were elected pretty quickly, everyone signed in, and then I was back home by 7:45 pm.

CNN Co-Anchor Kiran Chetry finally asked the big question, that no other media outlet has the balls to question her "life of experience", that she bashes Obama over and over. Kiran Chetry asked her point blank after she said no less than sixteen times that she has a "lifetime of experience", she was asked,"All that sounds good, but can you name one specific time, that during a crisis, you were the go to person at any time in your career?" Clinton stammered and stumble big on that question, and then said "Well there wasn't any, but when I was First Lady, I visited war torn areas, and when I was Senator I visited Ground Zero, and New Orleans."

BINGO! All she needed to finish it out was that she stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. She has Zero experience. Blowing the President does not make you fit for the Presidency, and given Bill's track record she wasn't doing a lot of that, and that's where Monica may have the better qualifications than she does.

Now that's funny!

I am out, have a contract meeting at 9 with Meridian Resources, got to go listen to Dale Breaux's team team team speech, catch you this afternoon Mac. God I hate driving out to the West Beltway and I-10 area.

Keep 'em real Mac.............

BINGO! All she needed to finish it out was that she stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

lol!!

Sad thing is, the same could be said for Obama. Two years in state govt and two in the senate, is that right?

Sad thing is, the same could be said for Obama. Two years in state govt and two in the senate, is that right?

Exactly. None of the three viable candidates have had any meaningful executive leadership experience.

If you read essays they've written on foreign policy, both are inane, but Obama sounds like he's been reading the NY Times while Clinton at least sounds like she's been on the Senate armed services committee, keeping track of actual goings-on throughout the world that conventional media don't give any coverage to. I'm not going to say that she isn't the most qualified candidate where national security is concerned, so the red phone ad doesn't strike me as being all that implausible as a way to contrast her with Obama. I wouldn't say that it is all that effective by any other way that it may be interpreted, but at this point it doesn't have to be.

Archived