Waldo's Coffee House At 1030 Heights Blvd.

Zippy

Would like to check it out soon...

Found this on Craigslist:

http://houston.craigslist.org/biz/542642866.html

Waldo's Coffee House just opened in the historic Houston Heights. Come by, try our world class coffee, and kick back in a relaxing environment made for coffee lovers. Free WIFI is available.

Hours: M-F 4pm-10pm

Saturday: 10am-10pm

Sunday: closed

but 4-10 pm for coffee?? with antidote right over on studewood open from 6 am until midnight with coffee + beer and wine, i just don't know.

Yes, same thoughts here..

I am usually trying to get coffee on the way to work or on the weekends early. With them not opening till the evening on weekdays, Sunday ruled out, and Saturday not opening till near-lunchtime? Odd.

I wonder if these are preliminary hours?

The place really could be a goldmine if it kept hours such as Antidote (which is doing quite well by the looks of it)

Yes, same thoughts here..

I am usually trying to get coffee on the way to work or on the weekends early. With them not opening till the evening on weekdays, Sunday ruled out, and Saturday not opening till near-lunchtime? Odd.

I wonder if these are preliminary hours?

The place really could be a goldmine if it kept hours such as Antidote (which is doing quite well by the looks of it)

Typical Heights hours. I know I won't be able to get there as much because of the hours. Same deal with Crickets. I'd love to stop there after work for a coffee but they close at 6:00.

Yeah.. I would think they would at least want to get the weekday morning drive-by hours.. *shrug*

Maybe hours will expand as they get busy?

Edit: from their myspace page.. Mo hours coming soon.. :)

M-F from 4pm until 10pm. (Morning hours coming soon.)

Sat: 10am- 10pm

Sun: 12pm- 6pm

Edited by Zippy

Yeah.. I would think they would at least want to get the weekday morning drive-by hours.. *shrug*

Maybe hours will expand as they get busy?

Edit: from their myspace page.. Mo hours coming soon.. :)

M-F from 4pm until 10pm. (Morning hours coming soon.)

Sat: 10am- 10pm

Sun: 12pm- 6pm

Oh well, the Sunny's on 14th sells Community coffee for around a buck. Not bad stuff. I'm more interested in stopping after work for a coffee fix, guess the 10PM closing will work for me.

Went to Waldo's this weekend. Seems like a place more suited to the "ladies who lunch" crowd (no offense intended), but they aren't open during lunch and don't serve lunch. I was pretty disappointed by the coffee also. Wi-Fi is nice and at least they are open past 6 PM.

I'm still rooting for this place to make it, but I don't think it is for me. Motif is that of my grandma's house.

Went to Waldo's this weekend. Seems like a place more suited to the "ladies who lunch" crowd (no offense intended), but they aren't open during lunch and don't serve lunch. I was pretty disappointed by the coffee also. Wi-Fi is nice and at least they are open past 6 PM.

I'm still rooting for this place to make it, but I don't think it is for me. Motif is that of my grandma's house.

that's too bad. i don't think there are many of those types frequenting places in the heights. they stay south of i10. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

the hours have changed but previous posters are right on about the decor. i tried to go there with a friend and our toddlers after being at the park one morning. forget it. we couldn't even let the kids out of the strollers due to all the knick-knacks. sadly, i won't be returning. i don't think many people will as it was dead when we got there at the same time of day the other coffee spots in the hood (crickets, antidote, dry creek, onion creek) have good crowds of people using wi-fi and drinking cozy beverages.

• 4 weeks later...
I love my coffee, and so I am always looking for a good cup of joe-I stopped by last week and was somewhat disappointed with the coffee.....I'll give it another try though.

Have you tried Antidote on Studewood? I don't drink coffee but I'll go in for a cup'o'tea with some coffee drinkin' friends... or they have wine and beer!

Have you tried Antidote on Studewood? I don't drink coffee but I'll go in for a cup'o'tea with some coffee drinkin' friends... or they have wine and beer!

No I haven't--I'll have to give it a try...thanks for the info.---sounds alot like Onion Creek.

• 1 month later...

Finally had a chance to drop by and try out Waldo's myself.. It was very nice.. and I didn't see too many trinkets.. but my kids were outside on the front porch, so we didn't have a chance to make a mess. but it was nice and definately a more homey feel..

Chocolate muffin... yum!

• The title was changed to Waldo's On Heights Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Waldo's Coffee House At 1030 Heights Blvd.