Mixed-Use By Orr Commercial

lockmat

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/hig...1.html?ana=e_ph

Developer: Orr Commercial Inc.

Land: 5 acres

Levels: 5

Specs: 100,000 square feet of retail space topped with 200 to 300 apartment units and an adjacent parking garage for about 1,100 cars.

Hope this isn't a dupe. I wouldn't think it'd be since they just purchased the land.

I find it intresting how the date on the article is for December 24th, three days ahead, hah.

I know a bit about this, but could somebody post the full article on here so I can read it? thx

Well, I know this totally breaks Forum rules, but it's Christmas, darnit. So here it is...

Mixed-use hits the HeightsUrban village project breaks new ground in old neighborhood

Houston Business Journal - by Allison Wollam Houston Business Journal

The first mixed-use project is coming to one of Houston's oldest neighborhoods.

::Post edited by Editor::

OK maybe I am missing something in the article but I am trying to figure out EXACTLY where this development is going to go. I live on Yale so know the area well, I just can't figure out where within Heights, Yale and Interstate 10 this is going to be. Will it be north of south of Interstate 10?... right between Yale and Heights? Little help? :unsure:

The sign is up between Yale and Hights,North of the railroad tacks and South of Sons of Herman.

That detail may be of interest. If I'm not mistaken, Sons of Herman has either got their facility under contract or has already sold it. Not sure to whom, but it wouldn't be surprising if their old land were to be merged into this project.

The developers pdf has a map showing the area of interest and it appears as though the land that sits under those old apartments on the bayou will be a part of this as well. So the bayou is the north boundary, the rail is the south. And Heights and Yale are the east/west boundaries according to their map.

The developers pdf has a map showing the area of interest and it appears as though the land that sits under those old apartments on the bayou will be a part of this as well. So the bayou is the north boundary, the rail is the south. And Heights and Yale are the east/west boundaries according to their map.

Kewl beans :)

Am I inferring correctly that they are putting an eastbound exit for Heights/Yale off I-10?

I hope so... i hate having to go down to Studemont and then u-turn to get back to Heights/Yale. It's not a HUGE deal, would just be easier to be able to get off right at Heights/Yale.

Got that PDF handy? that would be quite a large area..

Good to hear that this area will finally be put to good use.. Get rid of those eyesore apartments at the Bayou..

Wonder if the Kountry place will have new digs ? I'd better get there before they tear it down.

Found a non-reg full article: http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjose/oth...7070&page=2

Edit: Added linky

This whole project piqued my interest now.. So after additional rummaging:

There will be a feeder on both north and south of I-10 between Yale and Patterson.. Which includes a westbound I10 entrance from heights/yale, and an eastbound exit to heights/yale.

At least it's in the plans:

Patterson area: http://www.katyfreeway.org/images/schematics_pdf/78.pdf

Heights/Yale area: http://www.katyfreeway.org/images/schematics_pdf/79.pdf

Edited by Zippy

• The title was changed to Mixed-Use In The Heights
  • The title was changed to Mixed-Use By Orr Commercial