Home At 3804 Travis St.

dbigtex56

Longtime HAIF members might remember that this property was discussed on the 'old' (pre-crash) forum. It was occupied by a Christian woman who served meals and salvation to the homeless. A local developer (and sometimes HAIF contributor) had nearly put a deal together for this block when The Lord told the woman to hold onto her property.

Well, apparently someone's met The Lord's price; it was sold this past June to Alabama Main Partners LP. The house is now vacant, and is rapidly falling into disrepair. Too bad - there's some nice details on this circa 1910 house (leaded glass windows, for example.)

What makes this sale interesting is that this house is the last remaining structure on that block (bordered by Travis, Sul Ross, W. Alabama and Milam/Spur 527). It's located just west of the site discussed here:3800 Main.

Any info on what might be built here? The street pattern is kind of screwy, which would be a design challenge.

Any info on what might be built here? The street pattern is kind of screwy, which would be a design challenge.

Egress is easy via Travis, but ingress could be difficult, depending on which direction you're coming from and your level of familiarity with the street layout, so I don't think that it'd be an ideal retail site. The Midtown office market just isn't very strong, and condos aren't very feasible so far from Downtown, so I'd put my money on apartments.

I wondered if it had been sold. There's a bunch of homeless folks living in it, climbing in and out of the front window. Which probably means the interior is a sewer. The windows won't be long for this world. The one they use for an entrance is broken out. I wouldn't be surprised if it burns down when someone lights a fire to stay warm.

• 5 months later...

Alabama Main Partners LP isn't even registered with the state Comptroller of Public Accounts, so who knows what it really is or who's behind it.

They also own 3808 Main (the block just east).

Crummy picture:

qwzvah.jpg

I've heard it might be a medical professional building. Here is the info on the owner:

CORPORATE RECORDS & BUSINESS REGISTRATIONS

Database Last Updated: 06-13-2008

Update Frequency: DAILY

Current Date: 06/13/2008

Source: AS REPORTED BY THE SECRETARY OF STATE OR OTHER OFFICIAL SOURCE

COMPANY INFORMATION

Name: ALABAMA/MAIN PARTNERS, L.P.

Address: 3518 TRAVIS STREET

HOUSTON, TX 77002

USA

FILING INFORMATION

Filing Number: 800535122

Filing Date: 08/22/2005

State of Incorporation: TEXAS

Duration: PERPETUAL

Business Type: DOMESTIC LIMITED PARTNERSHIP (LP)

State Tax ID: 32035346769

Where Filed: SECRETARY OF STATE

1019 BRAZOS ST

AUSTIN, TX 78701

REGISTERED AGENT INFORMATION

Name: DAVID N GREENBERG

Address: 5959 RICHMOND AVE.

HOUSTON, TX 77057

USA

NAME INFORMATION

Legal Name: ALABAMA/MAIN PARTNERS, L.P.

Filing Date: 08/22/2005

PRINCIPAL INFORMATION

Name: ALABAMA/MAIN MANAGEMENT, L.L.C.

Title: GENERAL PARTNER

Address: 3518 TRAVIS STREET

HOUSTON, TX 77002

USA

AMENDMENT INFORMATION

Amendments: 10/16/2006 CHANGE OF REGISTERED AGENT/OFFICE; DOCUMENT NUMBER - 147740170002

08/22/2005 CERTIFICATE OF LIMITED PARTNERSHIP; DOCUMENT NUMBER - 101282670002

Call Westlaw CourtExpress at 1-877-DOC-RETR (1-877-362-7387)

to order copies of documents related to this or other matters.

Additional charges apply.

THE PRECEDING PUBLIC RECORD DATA IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT THE OFFICIAL RECORD. CERTIFIED COPIES CAN ONLY BE OBTAINED FROM THE OFFICIAL SOURCE.

• The title was changed to 3804 Travis St.
  • The title was changed to Home At 3804 Travis St.