What's Everyone Doing Tonight? V.itsfriday

PuroAztlan

Yes, I didn't know the name of the theatre. My sister just told me where to meet-up. I think we're doing the 8:10p show.

Watch out, that place is crawlin' with wannabe gangster teens from Spring Branch, especially on Fridays.

If they talk smack to you or harass your sister jus tell em, "Come mierda pendejo!"

That'll make em leave you alone. :D

Don't know. That is one mall I have never been inside.

Oops its a Cinemark. Doesn't look like it has anIMAX. Its an 'ok' mall. I feel safe going with the kids to the movies there though. Taken them ice skating there too. Now post Katrina, I understand it got rough there for a while.

Edited by KatieDidIt

I was gonna fly to Brazil to help save the rainforest but I think I'm jus gonna stay in H-town and get sloshed instead.

Anyone else partying?

Finishing off the last of Atlas Shrugged. The third chapter before the last was about a 60-page monologue, and was really thick reading, but now that I'm almost done with that, it should be a breeze.

Finishing off the last of Atlas Shrugged. The third chapter before the last was about a 60-page monologue, and was really thick reading, but now that I'm almost done with that, it should be a breeze.

Niche, didn't you just have an Ayn Rand Binge? Come now, it's the holidays. At least have a festive drink or three while you torture yourself. :P

Sounds like he could use a coupla Jaeger Bombs to go with that 1,000+ page book huh?

I'm trying to think of things that might make Atlas Shrugged more interesting, but none that are appropriate on a PG 13 forum. So, I guess Jaeger is the default.

Edited by crunchtastic

Niche, didn't you just have an Ayn Rand Binge? Come now, it's the holidays. At least have a festive drink or three while you torture yourself. :P

Yeah, that was my vacation before starting a new job. In the first week of that vacation, I'd read Anthem in one sitting and gone through the first 300 pages of Atlas Shrugged. Since then, I haven't had so much time (or energy). A total of about 1,300 pages in about three months is not an unreasonable pace.

...but yes, I certainly do plan in imbibing some adult beverages. Red is always bragging on Captain Morgan--might be worth a shot.

I'm trying to think of things that might make Atlas Shrugged more interesting, but none that are appropriate on a PG 13 forum.

Gotta say, I've gotta wonder what's running through your mind, because with respect to R or NC-17 ratings applying to Atlas Shrugged, I'm drawing a total blank. ...maybe it'll make sense to me in the next couple chapters, I don't know.

Edited by TheNiche

I don't plan on departing any military vehicles any time soon, so its doubtful. And while drunks may have a tendency to wear high heels from time to time, I don't own any, so that's also not much of a risk factor.

Pyewwwwww----->right over your head

Look at Condi's pose ^

Now look at Captain Morgan's:

CaptainMorgan2.jpg

See the resemblance?

I was gonna fly to Brazil to help save the rainforest but I think I'm jus gonna stay in H-town and get sloshed instead.

Anyone else partying?

No... working overnight tonight. <_< I am off tomorrow night, though, and will be partying it up at a Christmas Party I am going to. :D

Yep, that's how it so often works. And I still don't get it.

But I did get a bottle of Captain Morgan's Private Stock. Good stuff. If you're reading this, Red, thanks for the inadvertant recommendation.

So have you finished the book yet? It's almost midnite.

How's the Captain? Making you wish an R rating might help that book from being so brain-crushingly dense?

I've grown a little concerned about this whole Ayn Rand thing. So, I've started a book drive for you!

I have started it with some cast-off Noam Chomsky, then I'm thinking an immersion program on Gabriel Garcia-Marquez. I know, I know, but you'll get used to the unicorn/old prostitute/sea air fantasy stuff. And who was that Czech guy with the Unbearable Lightness of Being? You'll need that to impress the ladies. We love that.

:D

Edited by crunchtastic

So have you finished the book yet? It's almost midnite.

How's the Captain? Making you wish an R rating might help that book from being so brain-crushingly dense?

I've grown a little concerned about this whole Ayn Rand thing. So, I've started a book drive for you!

I have started it with some cast-off Noam Chomsky, then I'm thinking an immersion program on Gabriel Garcia-Marquez. I know, I know, but you'll get used to the unicorn/old prostitute/sea air fantasy stuff. And who was that Czech guy with the Unbearable Lightness of Being? You'll need that to impress the ladies. We love that.

:D

Actually, I was abnormally tired and fell asleep after making that post. Woke up a few minutes ago with what feels like the onset of strep throat. And according to a really good wikipedia entry on the subject, I'm at particular risk because I've only just recently gotten over the flu. So that's what I ended up doing on Friday night: contracting disease.

I'm not sure who's next on my for-pleasure reading list, but it sure as hell isn't Chomsky. And I know nothing about Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, but your mention of unicorns isn't encouraging. The Unbearable Lightness of Being might just make the cut, but first I'm probably going to have to brush up on some urban economics and finance literature for work.