Christmas Or Holiday Tree?

musicman

Christmas or Holiday Tree  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should it be called?

• Christmas Tree
    • Holiday Tree

Actually, it does have pagan origins and it was eventually adopted as a Christian form of decoration which didn't really catch on until the Mid 1800's. So if you REALLY want to get technical about it, you COULD call it a Pagan tree. I prefer Christmas tree.

Some people just need to lighten up, if this continues we'll also lose The Jewish Holiday, Box Day, and that ever popular Kwanzaa.

The Jehovah witnesses will no longer have to apologize for not having to recognize Christmas.

i can't believe this ! whats next??? are they going to cover churches with a big tarp or take the cross off because the shadow lays over somebodies house whose not into religion. this world is going crazy. :(

In short, yes we have lost our minds. It's freaking unbelievable that our country has come to this.

Edited by Gary

Remember those talking Christmas trees with the big eyes they had a few years ago? Creepy.

They were very creepy, and they freaked my dog out. He wound up tearing it apart one night, THAT was funnier than the tree.

e933_1.JPG

Now, this is the scarier version.

bruce_tree.JPG

Edited by TJones

I have never heard the Xmas song........ " Oh Holiday Tree !"

How about..........." I DON'T BELIEVE IN YOUR EXISTANCE day tree. " for all the Aetheist ?

But the point is the Christmas tree isn't really a religious symbol. When they start calling Nativity scenes "holiday scenes" then you'll have something to complain about.

LOL. I bought one of those old aluminum trees off ebay several years ago that were popular in the 50's. My wife couldn't believe it. She calls it an "Alien Tree" and hangs these little green aliens on it and little spaceships. It is NOT our principle tree I should point out. Just one of many that the wife drags out every year.

I'm more of a Festivus guy.

But the point is the Christmas tree isn't really a religious symbol. When they start calling Nativity scenes "holiday scenes" then you'll have something to complain about.

All the hubbub over Christmas, yet people don't get nearly so wacky over Easter. Why not? Isn't Easter the more important Christian holiday, in the bigger Jesus scheme of things? Isn't that the one that's mashed up beyond recognition with pagan symbolism? We're so conflicted, culturally, over the compulsion to shop in honor of the Baby Jesus, that we overcompensate with the Christmas/Holiday/PC thing. Easter--now that's the real travesty, folks! :D