Otto's Closing

An adjacent 17,000-square-foot shopping center, which is also owned by the Sofkas, is part of the sales package. The center includes a nail salon, a cleaners, a barber shop and Biba's Greek Pizza.

This will be the second time that a Bibas-owned restaurant has been run off from a Memorial Drive location to make way for development - remember the One's A Meal on the other side of Memorial that closed? :(

This will be the second time that a Bibas-owned restaurant has been run off from a Memorial Drive location to make way for development - remember the One's A Meal on the other side of Memorial that closed? :(

Well, hopefully like One's a Meal... they'll reopen somewhere else.

I love the Ottos... It'll be sad to see them go, so hopefully this isn't a permanent thing.

No! I never liked Otto's, but Greek Pizza was one of my favorites. Damn.

I never thought Ottos was all that great. It only got it reputation because Bush pushed it to establish his "real

Texan" creds, so a lot of out-of-town journalists went there.

Same could be said for Oh Boy! Boots (at Westheimer & Montrose).

They're still not forgiven for selling me a defective pair of Justin's. :angry2:

• 1 month later...
Ottos still has a place downtown in the tunnel. It is always packed and i think they're ok, not great, but not bad either.

Can't beleive it is still there! The BBQ sandwich they gave us was only about 2-3 very thin slices. True rip off. The hamburgers were cheap and average though. Fries were good old fashioned and crunchy.

Never understood how George Bush Sr proclaimed it as Houston's finest BBQ? Must have reallly been starved. I think his and Bab's photo or autograph is still on that wall as you enter.

Is the Otto's in Sugarland still open ?

They are still there at the Fountains. Food is Ok.

I work in Sugarland and many times prefer to do the driving to Luling's to get my favourite Brisket, but if the need for BBQ is urgent and I don't have time, Otto's does it.

Archived