Tollway To Be Extended To Downtown

Guess the fact that some of the areas on the northside between 610 and Downtown are not so prestigious and outspoken will allow TXDot to build the extension.

1) HCTRA will build the extension, not TxDOT.

2) Since they aren't using federal funds, there are fewer politicians who can hold the project hostage.

The Elysian Viaduct is the bigger challenge. Both it and 59 back up as they enter downtown. La Branch is a mess and 59 dead-ends into MMP. I wonder how they will handle that?

The change in lights has made it worse, even when the lights are in sync.

Aren't there already stub-outs for the new Hardy ramps?

The Elysian Viaduct is the bigger challenge. Both it and 59 back up as they enter downtown. La Branch is a mess and 59 dead-ends into MMP. I wonder how they will handle that?

They'll build it with an onramp of death, like they did WPT. They never fixed the problem at Chimney Rock because I still see cars trying not to collide with one another in that very short segment.

Basically any traffic problem not directly on one of their roads is not considered their problem.

Edited by westguy

59 backs up due to the atrocious merge with 45 past downtown, and because of inadequate capacity between 288 and Spur 527. Downtown isn't the problem at all.

They could always add a ramp, e.g. to Commerce or Caroline.

Here is a link to the article

Hardy Extension Link

This is interesting due to "The Woolands" providing some funding along with the Union Pacific Line being moved as well as some other items. Should be positive overall for traffic.

Ugh. Some day the Chronicle will realize that stories about highways and traffic should have MAPS!

Ugh. Some day the Chronicle will realize that stories about highways and traffic should have MAPS!

Exactly.

I checked Google Earth to get a guess of where this thing will go. Based on what they said, it appears they left space for this to get built for a very long time. Most of the space along the west side of this train track is open, so I guess that's where the Hardy Toll Road will go. The businesses it appears to impact are industrial/warehouse businesses along 1-45/more train tracks. I'll provide a picture if anyone is curious about what I'm talking about.

Exactly.

I checked Google Earth to get a guess of where this thing will go. Based on what they said, it appears they left space for this to get built for a very long time. Most of the space along the west side of this train track is open, so I guess that's where the Hardy Toll Road will go. The businesses it appears to impact are industrial/warehouse businesses along 1-45/more train tracks. I'll provide a picture if anyone is curious about what I'm talking about.

Yes, please.

Far be it from me to defend the Chronicle. But there actually is a map link in the story. (It's not very detailed, but it gives a decent idea of where it will run)

Also, the story said:

"Vehicles headed downtown will be able to exit onto U.S. 59 east of downtown, and then take the Hamilton exit into downtown, said Mike Perez, who is heading the project for the toll road authority.

Another exit will be built eventually, going along the Elysian Viaduct