First Big Cold Front of the Season

HtownWxBoy

Well, the long-awaited first big cold front of the season will be pushing through the region on Monday. Look for beautiful weather for several days following the front on Monday.... dry and pleasant afternoons... cool, fall-like mornings. :D

it was cool last night - surprising but great. i just got back from St. Louis and they were having warmer-than-normal weather...this will be a nice change after the rain passes through.

Yea, that's b/c we had just dry air push in. That's why last night was cool but this afternoon was still warm. This next front will usher in not only dry but cool air... so both the nights and the days will be cooler. That's today's lesson in Meteorology. he he B)

Ah, this is good news! I love being able to go out in shorts right after one of these systems comes through and get odd looks from people in pullovers and slightly warmer clothing. Actually got that last Christmas from a couple of kids who were pointing and giggling at said fact, but I digress... Fall is finally here?

Haha yeah I wear shorts too when Houstonians are all bundled up!

Looks like it's going to be a cold one tomorrow. The only reason I look forward to is it because I can leave my windows open all day and get fresh air in my apartment.

I'm missing the warmth, as well as the sun too. It was way nicer over the weekend.

I am looking forward to opening my windows at home and letting some fresh air in without heating up my apartment though.

I'm missing the warmth, as well as the sun too. It was way nicer over the weekend.

I am looking forward to opening my windows at home and letting some fresh air in without heating up my apartment though.

I haven't turned on the heat yet. I open the doors and windows until the temperature drops below 70, then close them to keep whatever heat is in the house in. Even though my old house has no insulation in the walls, it still has not dropped below 61 inside at night. That would be a little chilly in boxer shorts, but with a good comforter it is perfect.

But, yeah, danax, I miss the heat. A nice high in the low 80s would be ideal.

Even though my old house has no insulation in the walls, it still has not dropped below 61 inside at night.

Perfect temp for a good night's sleep! My drafty old place has stayed at 60 overnight, and have been sleeping like a baby with a down comforter. Damn cast iron tubs suck in the morning, though!

It's killing me right now to be trapped in an office building with a view of the bayou. So gorgeous out! Must plot an early Friday escape. Even the cranky Californians I work with (who complain loudly and often about Houston weather) are happy. Hmm. While SoCal burns, it's perfect here. And apparently going to stick around for while, if the forecast is to be believed.

I could live with this year-round.

Just a light jacket in the morning, and the rest of the day is perfect.

No heat or AC needed this week at all.

I agree... I love that the nights are cool... makes it feel like Halloween... and the days are just beautiful. No AC... no heat... I can hear my electric bill going down! :D

The weather has been great all week. No air conditioning on in the house or car. In the car, the window is just down a bit and I'm fine. This is when outdoor malls are great (La Centerra for example).

Archived