METRO Transit Center- Eastwood

University Corridor update:

So far I have seen what everyone has seen. Just maps or renderings of where the line will connect to the EW Transit Center. As you know it will come from the U of H main campus or rather along Elgin. If your familiar with this area you know that historically the underpass going under the 45 frwy floods. It has had improvements but the rail will have to be elevated somewhat due to the area being an incline. It will be very interesting to see the construction in this area.

http://metrosolutions.org/go/doc/1068/112145/

In Christof's blog, he mentions that he talked to David Wolff about the $60 million extension from Scott to Eastwood TC. Though it is not currently funded, Wolff told him that he is very committed to finding the money to finish the job.

http://www.ctchouston.org/blogs/christof/2...-we-have-a-map/

Given the obvious connevtivity benefits, and the resulting increase in ridership numbers, it should happen eventually, possibly even by the 2012 completion date.

I think it's just as well. That area is notorious for flooding and they have to figure out how to work around that. Then again, they can just stop the trains on either side of this track and run a shuttle for those that are heading towards that particular stop, or make an alternative stop on the other line and catch a bus to that P&R

Damn. Well, it isn't too far from Eastwood anyway and buses will probably drop people off at the Scott station (whatever it is called).

Keep in mind that the Eastwood Transit Center is not really in Eastwood. Although the last section of Eastwood to be built out isn't far from there, the section most people think of as Eastwood will be only blocks away from the Harrisburg Line, so Eastwoodians aren't being left out completely.

Keep in mind that the Eastwood Transit Center is not really in Eastwood. Although the last section of Eastwood to be built out isn't far from there, the section most people think of as Eastwood will be only blocks away from the Harrisburg Line, so Eastwoodians aren't being left out completely.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

That's the plus of having the alignments this way, it offers some flexibility, particularly for the college students.

"Eastwoodians?"

I guess it's better than "Eastwoodies."

• The title was changed to METRO Transit Center- Eastwood

Archived