sttombiz

I had the opportunity to visit with Mr. Cannady last Saturday at our gallery. He had come by to see Paul Hesters Fotofest exhibit. Paul was one of William's students many years ago, and has been photographing architectural projects in and around the state of Texas for many years. He contributed to Cite magazine and Texas Architect. He also has been one of the Menil's main photographers of artwork for ever. He taught at Rice for 18 years.

We talked about the new building bearing his name, and he was very pleased with how the building was sited. He said he was looking forward to being there and being able to walk down the mall to his good friends (Brockstein), coffee shop.

He also told me that one time he was sitting on the curb weeding his flower beds at his home on the corner of Bissonnet and Montrose and a guy walked by and exclaimed, Wow, who do you think lives here, And Bill said "I do", to which the guy replied," yeah, sure.!" He thought that very funny. He 's looking forward to the opening of Canady Hall. I invited him to join us on HAIF. He said he would check it out.

If you're interested the exhibit featuring Paul Hesters fifty years of photography, and Sarah Sudhoff's work will be up until May 18th. Andrew Durham Gallery, 1821 West Alabama. Come by we're open from 11-6 Wed. thru Sat.

Love to see some HAIFER's come by.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 5

Rice University lands historic grant for education research - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

"Rice University landed its largest-ever federal grant for education research this week, according to its president.

The National Science Foundation awarded approximately $90 million to OpenStax, a Rice-founded publisher of educational resources. The money will be invested in SafeInsights, a national cyberinfrastructure hub developed by OpenStax that aims to study learning outcomes and STEM education."

• Like 3