Tropical Storm Erin - 2007

Jax

Something that has the potential to develop into a tropical storm, but most likely not a hurricane. It's supposed to make landfall near Corpus or Padre, but I guess there is a chance it could possibly swing north...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't seem like she'll bother us too much. Maybe some more rain though...

Dean on the other hand, he's now a hurricane with models predicting a category 4 by the time he gets into the gulf next week...

We've had two rough nights in a row. Some weird freak storm hit yesterday more with more thunder than I'ver ever heard. Border Collies and Boys jumping into my single bed. We are still living in the guest room while the remodel goes on downstairs. I'm highly thankful Patterned Concrete finished the patio and drainage before all this mess hit.

Yeah I noticed that too. If this is what it's like 200 miles from the "landfall" of a tropical storm/depression, I wonder what it would be like 200 miles from the landfall of a category 4 hurricane...

the rain is erratic, but the thunder is currently rattling the building i'm in, and it looks about 8pm outside

It sure does. I bet it is getting cooler outside. Erin seems like a pansy anyway, but Dean is the one that we should watch.

the rain is erratic, but the thunder is currently rattling the building i'm in, and it looks about 8pm outside

It really is dark. I like the updated banner BTW, but why happy trees, they should be blowing in the wind!

It really is dark. I like the updated banner BTW, but why happy trees, they should be blowing in the wind!

sunny one minute, dark and rainy the next. that's just the manic depressive nature of houston weather :D

i just got an email saying that parts of greenbriar/med center, old braeswood are becoming impassible.

hmm...purple=bad

5ys7m9h.jpg

sunny one minute, dark and rainy the next. that's just the manic depressive nature of houston weather :D

i just got an email saying that parts of greenbriar/med center, old braeswood are becoming impassible.

288 is underwater in both directions at the loop.

KHOU is reporting high-water rescues on 59 and Kirby, flooding at South Loop near Kirby, Rice University and Allen Parkway near Stanford, and these closures:

•288 at 610

•610S at Holly Hall

•610S at Scott

•Feeder roads in both directions at Kirby and Shepherd

looks like i won't be going anywhere for a while

Richmond/Beltway area - no rain since around 11 AM, but a client in the 5800 block of San Felipe was getting hammered around noon. I'm in a corner office on the 16th floor facing south & west; occasional light in south sky. My husband reports very light rain from North Loop West/NW Mall area - same from my sister in Inwood Forest.

Archived