Texas Children's Hospital Mark A. Wallace Tower/TMC Parking Garage 16 At 6701 Fannin St.

citykid09

Cherry's Statement:

". . . A home video was provided to HPD leading them to consider that possibility. . . ."

link

An angle that might reasonably show someone inside would be views from the St. Luke's (O'Quinn) Tower to the north, since it would have a clearer view into all the rooms.

Anybody watch or take pics from that building?

KHOU is saying that the basis for the police inquiry is video showing a door closing, and KHOU is suggesting that the door closing can be seen in video shot from the St. Luke's building, e.g., this video. If you look in the center of the bottom floor of rooms, there's one room that appears to be half white and half black. As the explosions start, the white part expands to the right. I can't say what's being shown, but I hope it was just the wind or a shift in the building that caused it.

KHOU is saying that the basis for the police inquiry is video showing a door closing, and KHOU is suggesting that the door closing can be seen in video shot from the St. Luke's building, e.g., this video. If you look in the center of the bottom floor of rooms, there's one room that appears to be half white and half black. As the explosions start, the white part expands to the right. I can't say what's being shown, but I hope it was just the wind or a shift in the building that caused it.

That's the door closing...i think KTRK has a close-up:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=...&id=5762158

Yeah I noticed that door closing too in the Youtube video. I am guessing it was the wind or vibrations or something It seems hard to believe somebody would try to enter the building when it's pretty obviously going to be demoed. From up there he/she would have been able to see the crowds of people standing around watching and the charges placed all over the inside of the structure, plus signs etc. Plus you somebody would have had to try hard to get inside - it's not like it was open to the public.

Still, you never know.

Somebody commented on one of my flickr photos saying somebody was seen running from one side of the building to the other in the video. I'm not sure which video he was talking about.

It appears that the door moved after the first round of explosives were detonated. Maybe that was enough to cause the amount of force needed to close a door?

I am wondering about the report of witnesses that said they saw someone enter the building (not a shadow or just a door closing).

FOX26 also put the word homicide in their report...

It appears that the door moved after the first round of explosives were detonated. Maybe that was enough to cause the amount of force needed to close a door?

I am wondering about the report of witnesses that said they saw someone enter the building (not a shadow or just a door closing).

FOX26 also put the word homicide in their report...

You know, I've been in homes with doors on such lubricated hinges that if the A/C comes on or someone opens a window, causing changes in air pressure, the doors move or close. I'd imagine explosives could do the job too.

The only thing that makes me concerned is the dogs. For all I know, though, it was just a nest of rats or something else like that which got crushed.

You know, I've been in homes with doors on such lubricated hinges that if the A/C comes on or someone opens a window, causing changes in air pressure, the doors move or close. I'd imagine explosives could do the job too.

The only thing that makes me concerned is the dogs. For all I know, though, it was just a nest of rats or something else like that which got crushed.

Exactly - of course explosives have the capability of moving a hinged door - there's always room for doubt though, since eyewitnesses came forward with sightings, etc.

And I am sure more than one type of animal took up residence in there between the time it was vacated and the demolition.

Chron: "An amateur video seems to show a person running on one of the top floors seconds before the implosion, police said. However, no images of any person were found in still photos examined by investigators. Workers in the Texas Medical Center, adjacent to the site, also reported seeing someone enter the building just before the explosions began."

If there was somebody running on one of the top floors, then it has nothing to do with the door which closes when the explosions start, because that was on one of the lower floors (the first floor above the parking garage).

Does that mean there were two people? Or one person and a ghost...

Today's Chron: "Though inconclusive, a video tape may show a figure running inside the Crowne Plaza moments before detonation"

"The video, police said, is very short and inconclusive, but appears to capture what may be a figure running on one of the upper floors just before the explosion and seconds before the structure collapsed."

"Other videos officials took of the implosion show shadowy movements, ... but they appear to be blowing cardboard or other debris."

"HPD could not release the video to the public because the person who turned it over to the police Wednesday asked that it not be made public."

A photo caption states that the video was taken from the north side.

Homeless people had been camping out in the building and garage weeks before, releiving themselves in every corner of the building. If I were a dog, I'd been sniffin' up the place too.

My dad says he saw this on the news back in Canada this morning. My family lives so close to the border that we pick up both Canadian and US TV channels with our antenna so it could have actually been news from Buffalo NY, but still, I'm surprised they are reporting on it so far away. Especially since there appears to be nothing new since last week when they thought they found something.