Clubs In Montrose

For my 25th birthday (In October), my partner and I are coming down and staying at the Hotel Icon. So, in addition to my research on the West mansion at Rice, what clubs would you all recommend and/or not go to? I'd like to visit a club kind of like Dallas' S4 (since I'm from Fort Worth) or maybe a jazz club? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

John

:D

For my 25th birthday (In October), my partner and I are coming down and staying at the Hotel Icon. So, in addition to my research on the West mansion at Rice, what clubs would you all recommend and/or not go to? I'd like to visit a club kind of like Dallas' S4 (since I'm from Fort Worth) or maybe a jazz club? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

John

the west mansion's not at rice.

Thanks!

John

Sambuca Jazz Cafe is around the corner from your hotel in the Rice Hotel. There's also Red Cat jazz Cafe across the street from your hotel. There's the Sky Bar near downtown that is a short cab ride and has great views of the downtown skyline. Sammy's at 2016 Main is also very near you too. That's fun for dancing. They play like Earth Wind & Fire type covers. All of these places are live music/jazz club venues. Icon has a shuttle service to all of these places I think. It's a little English looking cabbie.

Is Houston's Jr's the same as Dallas's, or owned by a different company? I've heard of the South Beach place, and I think I may end up going there.

Bunch of shirtless ecstasy using twinks. . . enjoy.

Edited by Pumapayam

I've heard of the South Beach place, and I think I may end up going there.

South Beach is a BLAST!!! to this day that place still gets packed. the lines will be long!!

i enjoy going there cuz it's fun to be able to go somewhere with upbeat music and not have guys forcing themselves on you :rolleyes:

i'm sure u probably would like some specifics on the place since u want to visit a fun club. i know where ur coming from, i had to do the same thing when i went to ny. i asked around for good clubs and i hated when ppl just gave me a name but no details, lol

anyway, u first walk into south beach and there's an area with couches to sit and chit chat or make out, LOL. they have a bar there with tv's going, then beyond that is the dance area, but that area contains two bars. one directly to ur left when u first enter the space. and even more to the left is a stage where they have some FINE guys standing there. oh and those guys aren't gay, lol. i dated one of em, lol.

anyway so they are for show. then you have the dance floor which is a medium size but the fun part is that they have smoke come down every now and then and you cant see anything for a bit, but the smoke is cooold but soo fun!! to the right corner of the stage is the second bar and that's it.

JR's is more of just a social get together/bar place not a dance club. they too have a guy that stands there in his underwear, lol. and he is hawt! but he's not there all the time.

rich's is ok, but i think south beach is better

there are aslo gay tejano places, LOL and then there's chance's which is a lesbian club.

i'm a native houstonian so i know all the places ;) if u need any more info feel free to ask.

anyway, when r u coming to houston, i may just be at southbeach the same day, lol

Thank you so much rvas! I appreciate the description. We're planning on being there the last weekend in October, but may come down sooner than that. We both fell in love with Houston when we came down last month. We'd move to Houston, but we love our jobs and our house too much to move!

Well Puma, do you have any suggestions? My only requirement is that the place not be too dark. TMC in Dallas is so dark, that I got lost a few times, so dark places are a no-no. In addition, I expect any gay club to have some x-ed out twinks running around. That just adds to the atmosphere. Ron and I don't get out much, because we're so busy, so it's a treat even just to go to a club that maybe slightly annoying. When we go to S4, we only go see the girls in the Rose Room. Every now and then, I'll go shuffle on the dance floor, but since I dance like Elaine Benes, that's a rarity! :D

Edited by johnfinley

Who isn't at SouthBeach every weekend? lol As long as you're with friends and having a great time together then any place including SB is fun. Don't you love the walk all the guys put on as soon as they enter the facility? lol Saturdays are the fuller nights. Free entry Friday and Saturday from 10:30-11. Be in line by 10:40 latest for that.

I can't wait until my 21st in a couple months to try other places.

Thank you so much rvas! I appreciate the description. We're planning on being there the last weekend in October, but may come down sooner than that.

then i may just see u. my b-day is 10-11 and i'll be hitting the clubs. i celebrate my b-day every weekend of october, lol

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Clubs In Montrose