The Fountains At Memorial City: Multifamily At 9870 Gaylord Dr.

lockmat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, driving by midday yesterday I saw they had installed a 4th crane and were making progress on whatever it is they're building right next to Cemex Center.

Some photos...

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02501.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

How did Memorial City get so lucky. West Houston is booming in that area.

• 2 months later...
Interesting... the first rendering depicts a 7 story midrise. The building under construction appears to already be 9 stories tall and rising. Does anyone have the scoop?

I think the rendering shows more than a 7-story building. I don't think the lines that you're looking at delineate the floors.

Interesting... the first rendering depicts a 7 story midrise. The building under construction appears to already be 9 stories tall and rising. Does anyone have the scoop?

I'm pretty sure that this is an office building, but yeah it seems to have kept a pretty low media profile.

The condos were proposed for a site at the southeast corner of I-10 and Memorial City Way.

I'm pretty sure that this is an office building, but yeah it seems to have kept a pretty low media profile.

The condos were proposed for a site at the southeast corner of I-10 and Memorial City Way.

Nope, this is the condo project. The construction site has a Gaylord address (office project has one along Memorial City Way) and apparently things have changed since the first signs went up. According to the marketing website, it should be 11 stories total: 6 of residences & 5 of parking.

http://www.memorialcityliving.com/location.htm

I thought it was supposed to be closer to I-10 based on where the original signs and the first work on the site was done ages ago, but that may have been wrong... or they just decided to build closer to Cemex's building.

• 1 month later...
My God, they haven't even started on it yet. So quick to judge.

It looks absolutely nothing like the original renderings; go back and take a look. The entire thing looks like it will be clad in that same boring white precast/EIFS that all the other memorial bldgs going up have.

Once again, the Memorial City peeps have pulled off a bait and switch thing here; the original Westin renders were much better designs than the one going up now.

This entire swath could have been so much better than it is now. They totally ruined it with their crappy half arsed architecture.

• 11 months later...

Has anyone seen the Fountains at Memorial City? These are new condos going up on Gaylord right next door to the Cemex building just east of Memorial City. They are being developed by MetroNational which pretty much owns everything from Bunker Hill to Memorial Hermann (the president of MetroNational has his office in the "crown" of the Memorial Hermann Tower).

Anyway, there is nothing particularly special about The Fountains except that it is unusual for high rise condos to be built so far out. But the parking garage is surprisingly a thing of beauty! (Photos here.) The have put a mural on the side of trees with a neat effect of the more distant trees being paler in the haze. Because there are real trees in the parking lot in front (north) of the mural, it gives it a curious trompe l'oeil effect. Worth checking out!

• The title was changed to The Fountains At Memorial City: Multifamily At 9870 Gaylord Dr.

Archived