The Fountains At Memorial City: Multifamily At 9870 Gaylord Dr.

lockmat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if they're delaying construction until that section of the Katy Freeway is complete (they still need to finish the eastbound main, HOV and toll lanes plus reconstruct the feeder roads).

Don't quote me on this, but I think that parcel of land is next to or right near the new 34 story medical tower that's under construction and owned by MetroNational. They may have scrapped this project and went the medical route. I mean, it would be awful living there with ambulances, Katy freeway traffic and the mall all in one condensed area. This is purely speculation though.

Don't quote me on this, but I think that parcel of land is next to or right near the new 34 story medical tower that's under construction and owned by MetroNational. They may have scrapped this project and went the medical route. I mean, it would be awful living there with ambulances, Katy freeway traffic and the mall all in one condensed area. This is purely speculation though.

...Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Is there a thread for the this Memorial City condo project? I couldn't find it.

REN_D.jpg

Yeah, there is one existing, I remember we talked about how it was supposed to have retail on the first floor and later on it was removed.

Nope, this site is a bit further to the east, right across from the two-story retail center with Bally's Total Fitness on top.

Nope, this site is a bit further to the east, right across from the two-story retail center with Bally's Total Fitness on top.

Hmmm.. Well I wonder if this project is still a go. We did basically all the Memorial Hermann POBs and MOBs over there and Memorial City Mall, but this one is definitely not our's. You couln't pay me to live there! I think I would kill myself if I had to deal with that every day. Maybe Drs and RNs would live there. That would make sense.

• 4 months later...

I actually stopped into the sales office in the mall earlier today. Pretty nice setup they have and the full-scale unit isn't too shabby either, although it does seem a bit less polished in comparison to a few of the other offices or demo units I've seen for a few other projects as of late. I was also provided a folder of various floorplans for the units, but not much else. Supposedly, the actual prices will be available within the next month, but that sounds like a line that's been used on other potential buyers before. Finally, it looked like they want to build an 11 story office building that will be constructed adjacent to the condo, with the primary tenant being Cemex Concrete. At least, according to the site map I was shown in the office.

I actually stopped into the sales office in the mall earlier today. Pretty nice setup they have and the full-scale unit isn't too shabby either, although it does seem a bit less polished in comparison to a few of the other offices or demo units I've seen for a few other projects as of late. I was also provided a folder of various floorplans for the units, but not much else. Supposedly, the actual prices will be available within the next month, but that sounds like a line that's been used on other potential buyers before. Finally, it looked like they want to build an 11 story office building that will be constructed adjacent to the condo, with the primary tenant being Cemex Concrete. At least, according to the site map I was shown in the office.

This whole area is really going to be rather awesome. Another Uptown in the making.

I just cant imagine anyone wanting to live there. somehow even Town & Country is more appealing than this

Or not.

I'm not sure what the difference would be between east of Memorial City and Town & Country, or, for that matter, between the apartments that people currently live in east of Memorial City and the condo development that will be one block away from the apartments. The noise from the ambulances can barely be heard over there, if at all. The freeway noise is no different than at any number of other condo developments in town.

• 2 months later...
I saw it last week and was cautiously optimistic that they were finally moving forward. I wonder if the delay had anything to do with my earlier theory that they were waiting for some of the heavier construction on I-10 and the feeder roads to subside?

I'd heard that they had some issues with site drainage, but I don't put too much stock in the source.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I-10 is exploding with development... I was on the freeway Monday and counted 12 cranes from Memorial City to the Energy Corridor, and that's not counting the four or so that have come down recently from completed projects.

I-10 is exploding with development... I was on the freeway Monday and counted 12 cranes from Memorial City to the Energy Corridor, and that's not counting the four or so that have come down recently from completed projects.

The Energy Corridor houses are really turning over for the first time in decades too. 65+ set is selling out and 35+ set is moving in. McMansions are really in full production as well, that can be good and bad.

Archived