Kuhlmann Cemetery At 4001 Roseneath Rd.

spikey2

How interesting that this information about the Evergreen Negro Cemetery should come up now. I just found out a few days ago that my great great grandfather was buried at Evergreen in 1919. I talked about Evergreen with my great uncle on the phone earlier today (he was the deceased's grandson) and apparently, no gravestone exists for my great great grandfather.

• 1 year later...

I went out to the Kuhlmann Family Cemetery today on Roseneath. Went back in the woods were the cemetery would be. Near the back of the woods, next to a small gully is the 30' by 30" wall of hand made bricks. This is were the graves of this family would be. There are no markers in this area. BUT down a small slope in the gully is two marble stones that would be from the cemetery. The large one is to heavy to turn over to see if it has a name on it . The other small one is blank. These may be the bases to the gravestones that once were there. I don't think the graves have been moved. I could be wrong. Here is some pics from it.

post-5259-072872800 1279394653_thumb.jpg

post-5259-027755300 1279394669_thumb.jpg

post-5259-066115000 1279394694_thumb.jpg

post-5259-091225700 1279394716_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I went out to the Kuhlmann Family Cemetery today on Roseneath. Went back in the woods were the cemetery would be. Near the back of the woods, next to a small gully is the 30' by 30" wall of hand made bricks. This is were the graves of this family would be. There are no markers in this area. BUT down a small slope in the gully is two marble stones that would be from the cemetery. The large one is to heavy to turn over to see if it has a name on it . The other small one is blank. These may be the bases to the gravestones that once were there. I don't think the graves have been moved. I could be wrong. Here is some pics from it.

Good Ole City of H-Town. You and I both know they didn't move the graves.

Thanks for going over there and taking pictures. I was over in the area about a month ago but I wasn't taking a hike it the woods. :)

They have some nice old houses there!

• 3 weeks later...

I visited the Kulhlmann cemetery several months ago - neat place. I was wondering about the marble stones that were apart from the brick grave plot..

I gathered some information, maps, and so on at the time - if anything is new or different from what has been posted I'll add to it (if I can locate it!).

• The title was changed to Cemetery In Riverside Terrace
  • 1 year later...

I have accidentally acquired a Texas Abstract Title binder at an estate sale. It was located in a dresser drawer that I purchased. It is dated 1945 and includes the history of sales, deeds, marriages of 2 acres of land in the Henry Tierwester 1/12th League in Harris County, Texas. 

The Ownership prior to the Kuhlmans is included, as well as the documentation of land ownership afterwards up until the Drew’s family purchased this land. 

I looked through the book and didn’t find any notation of the cemetery on the land. I’ll reread it again when I have more time. Yes, most families back in the day buried their family on their land and had small cemeteries. 

I was looking up information about this abstract of land and came across this page. I haven’t signed up and I’m writing in as a guest for now. Attached are a few photos of the binder.

any questions email me at 

kaykayrobinson4@gmail.com

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Kuhlmann Cemetery At 4001 Roseneath Rd.