Illegal Gambling?

foxmulder

There is a store down the street from my house(convience store) that has 5 or 6 machines WHICH PAY OUT CASH and COINS if you "win" Aren't these illegal? Also isn't smoking in a STORE against some ordinance? I walked in to get a soda and was over whelmed by the smell of pot. These little indian marts are out of control.

There is a store down the street from my house(convience store) that has 5 or 6 machines WHICH PAY OUT CASH and COINS if you "win" Aren't these illegal? Also isn't smoking in a STORE against some ordinance? I walked in to get a soda and was over whelmed by the smell of pot. These little indian marts are out of control.

indian? they are all over town and are all nationalities. would you believe, HPD doesn't do anything to help because 1) the city is making money from permits from each machine and 2) some HPD officers own them.

I walked in to get a soda and was over whelmed by the smell of pot. These little indian marts are out of control.

That's the part that cracks me up! You should have looked at thier eyes to see if the were blood shot or did you notice if they had the munchies? Were they like devouring bags of chips & Twinkies? :lol: Sound like real party animals.

Yes.

Which is more important? Moonlighting on off hours, Running red light cams, not chasing down illegal immigrants (wait, they passed the buck to the feds on that one ... good luck), or enforcing pot smoking and illegal gambling machines in ethnic marts?

Which is more important? Moonlighting on off hours, Running red light cams, not chasing down illegal immigrants (wait, they passed the buck to the feds on that one ... good luck), or enforcing pot smoking and illegal gambling machines in ethnic marts?

They are sworn to uphold ALL laws, not just the ones that are convenient or which they feel should be a higher priority.

Probably the way to go after this is to complain to the police, just so you're on the record. Make sure you get a case number or some sort of paperwork you can use for step two.

Step two: When they don't do anything, contact your councilcritter. Tell him/her that you've tried to go through the police, but have gotten no response. Show him/her the proof.

Our neighborhoods won't get any better if the neighbors don't get involved.

hey, they could be pakistani!

When I was living on West Main at McDuffie.. used to go to Ruthie's on Richmond with a friend for an occasional beer and knew the bartenders.

Back in late 80's/early 90's or so, I heard on the news that Ruthie's got busted for illegal gambling machines. I believe she had those machines for years.

• The title was changed to Illegal Gambling?