Home At 3526 Glen Arbor Dr.

BenH

Check out this massive Ranchero Deluxe on Glen Arbor. Looks like something from Glenbrook Valley.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r85/zoo...pg?t=1177219198

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r85/zoo...pg?t=1177219265

Is this the one that is steadily decaying? I've wondered who designed this as well. There are several really cool houses on this street. I especially love the white place with the flat roof on the West corner of this street and Braeswood.

Is this the one that is steadily decaying? I've wondered who designed this as well. There are several really cool houses on this street. I especially love the white place with the flat roof on the West corner of this street and Braeswood.

Is this house empty? for sale?

Is this house empty? for sale?

I don't know. There is a Joe Krakower house on Glen Arbor, along with a Wylie W. Vale at the corner of Glen Arbor & Braeswood. This is the "island" where the two Krakower/Greene houses sit.

I don't know. There is a Joe Krakower house on Glen Arbor, along with a Wylie W. Vale at the corner of Glen Arbor & Braeswood. This is the "island" where the two Krakower/Greene houses sit.

Is the Vale designed house the one with the flat roof that is painted white? Willowisp and I have been wondering who designed that place for a long, long time...

there's a wonderful collection of homes along this part of the bayou - unfortunately, 3526 Glen Arbor has the $100 tag on it

one of its neighbors (3610) sold recently, which is a neat one, too

the 3526 Glen Arbor also reminds me a little bit of the one recently sold on Santa Elena in Glenbrook Valley (the white extensions)

Edited by sevfiv

In looking at this area on Live Local, I noticed that someone, either apartments or more likely the house next door, has a pool shaped exactly like a grand piano. This is clearly deliberate, not a coincidence. Anyone have any ideas who did that?

To my knowledge, Elton John, Liberace, Ray Charles, Billy Joel, or Jerry Lee Lewis never lived here! :)

pianopool.jpg

Hey, BenH, did you ever find out any more about that Memorial-area house with the Goff-esque curvy roof shingles?

marmer

The grand piano pool sits behind a dentist's office. I believe the dentist lived in the big house and had his office adjacent in the building immediately above the pool. Maybe he was a Liberace fan? :rolleyes:

I think both the office and the house are currently vacant.

The whole parcel was listed for sale recently, perhaps for multi-family development like townhomes or condos.

In looking at this area on Live Local, I noticed that someone, either apartments or more likely the house next door, has a pool shaped exactly like a grand piano. This is clearly deliberate, not a coincidence. Anyone have any ideas who did that?

To my knowledge, Elton John, Liberace, Ray Charles, Billy Joel, or Jerry Lee Lewis never lived here! :)

pianopool.jpg

Hey, BenH, did you ever find out any more about that Memorial-area house with the Goff-esque curvy roof shingles?

marmer

Nothing I can confirm but I do have hunches. I believe those houses (there's more than one) were designed by Allen Williams, the architect that designed Ben Koush's house. If you look at Williams own house, it seems like a more sedate version of the wavy roof houses. It has a similiar chimney as well. That seems like the best guess, but I've also heard it could be Arthur Moss of Penguin Arms

Apartments fame. Neither Stephen Fox nor Ben Koush know who the architect was.

Nothing I can confirm but I do have hunches. I believe those houses (there's more than one) were designed by Allen Williams, the architect that designed Ben Koush's house. If you look at Williams own house, it seems like a more sedate version of the wavy roof houses. It has a similiar chimney as well. That seems like the best guess, but I've also heard it could be Arthur Moss of Penguin Arms

Apartments fame. Neither Stephen Fox nor Ben Koush know who the architect was.

I've never heard of Allen Williams. Do you have any pictures? I've also never seen anything else by Arthur Moss except the Penguin Arms. Do you know of any other projects of his?

marmer

I've never heard of Allen Williams. Do you have any pictures? I've also never seen anything else by Arthur Moss except the Penguin Arms. Do you know of any other projects of his?

marmer

Arthur Moss did a googie/tiki apartment complex somewhere around town, but that's all I know. I've got pictures of Allen Williams' house but I don't have the time to get them posted at the moment.

Nope, it's at the other end of the street, I believe. It's not crazy modern, but more organic. Very nice landscaping. It was also featured in a Houston Chronicle article.

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to Home At 3526 Glen Arbor Dr.