Fondren Middle School At 6333 South Braeswood Blvd.

I've been told Madison went down in the 80s as opposed to the 70s...it was a great place for whites who could hoop though as Greg Kite and someone else I can't remember played under Paul Benton and eventually went to the NBA

Willowridge became the new hot spot for blacks and whites but the blacks coming in then were first generation college grads as opposed to other neighborhoods....I can personally attest to it as I sat in elementary classrooms with some kids whose parents have risen to the top of some big-time corporations

Once my area began to change, alot of folks took off to Sugar Land but my parents remained...

now, even good ol' Quail Valley has shifted and its dead on Cartwright Road

as for Westbury.....was Fondren Middle a feeder?

I lived on arboles street, and spent 7th grade at johnston, then was transfered to fondren the year it opened. I think landsdown was the boundary that year. The students I knew at fondren either went to sharpstown or westbury. This would have been in the late 60s. Everyone I knew from hillcroft east went to westbury and from fondren road west went to sharpstown. In between seemed mixed.

I lived on arboles street, and spent 7th grade at johnston, then was transfered to fondren the year it opened. I think landsdown was the boundary that year. The students I knew at fondren either went to sharpstown or westbury. This would have been in the late 60s. Everyone I knew from hillcroft east went to westbury and from fondren road west went to sharpstown. In between seemed mixed.

Yeah, there must have been some crazy scheme as to who went where. I lived west of Hillcroft, went to Fondren, then Westbury.

Fondren Middle School feeds into Bellaire, Sharpstown, and Westbury.

• The title was changed to Fondren Middle School At 6333 South Braeswood Blvd.

Archived