I just discovered that there really is 3 different buildings.  On surface level, you see 3 different names beneath the same building.  I always thought each family contributed to the building.

Edit: Still doesn't explain the Alkek Tower?

While looking on satellite to see each building, sure enough they are separate. TMC is dense!

The Houston Methodist Brown Building is the one with the helipad on the roof.

WtIQTfn.jpeg

Street level photo I took last weekend.

wCTmUNb.jpeg

• Like 1

When I worked there they divided the inpatient side into four towers: Main Building, Dunn Tower, Fondren/Brown/Alkek (I guess they have been combined into one building on the inside), and Jones Tower. Now they have the Walter tower and soon the Centennial tower as well. It was already hard enough trying to cover patients in all four buildings at the time, I can't imagine having to go to all six every day.

The other side of Fannin is outpatient with Scurlock Tower, Smith Tower, and the Outpatient Center (plus the West Pavilion which was more of a LTAC/rehab center I think)

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Houston Methodist Fondren/Brown/Alkek Tower At 6565 Fannin St.