Time Warner to Comcast

houstonray

We got our "new" channel lineup and it's a bit disappointing. No new HD channels, only like 3 or 4 new channels in total and taking away more than that. Anyone know if we are going to get any of the other HD channels at some point, like FoodTV HD or Natl Geographic HD or anyone of the other HD channels that we don't have yet?

Guest Marty

Where's Waldo/Comcast still no change but if you have a roadrunner email address you might want to change it in your personal profile on this forum if not the PM stuff might not work right.

Here's a retarded question, but how do you know once you've made the switch? Will something on the guide browser change?

As for extra HD Channels, you've got a few choices, and they're all satellites. There's ZOOM, Dish & DirectTV. I think all three offer TNT, Food, Discovery, FX, HGTV, DIY, TLC, FOX Sports, ESPN, among a few others.

We got our "new" channel lineup and it's a bit disappointing. No new HD channels, only like 3 or 4 new channels in total and taking away more than that. Anyone know if we are going to get any of the other HD channels at some point, like FoodTV HD or Natl Geographic HD or anyone of the other HD channels that we don't have yet?

I remember when VOOM was around, at the time they had the most HD channels.

Eventually all channels will be HD, patience is key.

Dunno but rr.com can't stay online to save its life today. So maybe its the day we switch to Comcast.
I had the same problem with rr.com so I switched to DSL about a year ago. For me DSL has its advantages and I have never had any down time. With rr.com it got so bad that I would have multiple down times (5 to 10 minutes at a time) daily.

I had the same problem with rr.com so I switched to DSL about a year ago. For me DSL has its advantages and I have never had any down time. With rr.com it got so bad that I would have multiple down times (5 to 10 minutes at a time) daily.

Funny, my experience was just the opposite. My DSL was so bad I swore I would never go back to that.

I just got a mailing from TW yesterday with a channel lineup pamphlet effective May 15, 2007. Doesn't look like anything has changed to me.

There are some changes. If you look at the back of the letter that accompanied the new channel lineup that came in the mail, it details the changes. A lot of the premium channels have changes, such as the elimination of West Coast feeds for most HBO channels. However, the new channel lineup they sent out still says Time Warner Cable. Nothing in it indicated that on May 15 we'll see the switch to the Comcast brand, although I assume that this is the new channel lineup for Comcast.

I think we lost most of the Encore channels, which I enjoy. Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime Real Women are also gone.

The only three channels I noticed that were added were a new music video channel (the Tube, not our 55 the Tube), some L.A. channel and another one. I didn't see anything about an NFL channel.

It's a loss to me. They take away several channels I like and add nothing I give a flying fig about. I hate Comcrap.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'm not thrilled with some of the changes either. And they have really screwed up my Internet service, which has worked for years without a single problem under Time Warner. Instead of the blazing fast, always on service I was used to, now I have periods where it's nice and fast (but not as fast as it was) and periods like last Sunday night when it's worse than dial-up. I'm going to give them a little longer, but if this persists, I'm going to look at switching. The problem is that my experiences with DSL have always been pretty craptastic.

The new channels are on the grid, but when I tried to look at them this morning, it gave a number to order them. I still had the Biography channel and some of the others that aren't supposed to be there. Is it a gradual change? I thought today was the day.

The June 19 launch of Comcast in Houston is a gradual process, company officials say. If things go as planned, the launch will have started at midnight and distribution of channels will occur throughout the day.

"With so many customers, it won't happen all at once," said company spokesman Ray Purser.

Archived