Meyerland/Willowbend/Westbury Real Estate

slck2

Keep in mind, if you're frequent to HAIF, there probably isn't much "hidden" anywhere in this city.

To most of Houston, Westbury is hidden as far as potential and what's going on there in terms of real estate. I bet most of Houston has no clue where Westbury is.

True enough "city-wide" but I would have thought within the readership of the Houston Press that people would have known about it, but that could be a very wrong assumption.

When my cousin worked for Vonnie Cobb Realtors in the early 90's, a realtors came in one morning all excited about a listing in the "unknown hidden neighborhood" he just discovered - small town feel, huge lots, houses were older, but well-kept, and priced to sell! "It's called Garden Oaks!" The older employees knew where it was, but there was much head-scratching amongst the youngsters. Hard to believe. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I went to this open house today since it's close by...

http://search.har.com/engine/dispsearch.cf...mp;mlnum=991274

It's a cute mod/contemporary tract home. It had some nice qualities to it, but the flipper's touch was definintely there, including that white tile, extra generic and cheap carpet, and unnecessary (in my opinion) and cheap ceiling fans. My favorite aspect was the master bedroom that had a sliding glass unit out to a side yard. Other issues for me were vinyl siding and painted paneling and interior brick.

But it has great bones and potential, so I thought I'd put it up here. I'm curious to know what it will sell for.

Jason

• 6 months later...

There were about 10 HPD cruisers, 2 ambulances and a firetruck on W. Bellfort just east of S. Post Oak at about 7:00pm last night

There was a Black 4 door F-250 with the windows busted out, a stopped metro bus and tons of cops keeping people out of the parking lot by the dialysis place. There appeared to be atleast a dozen little evidence cards set up throughout the parking lot.

I haven't seen anything on the news or the interwebs.

Anyone else know anything?

flipper

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A minor accident led to a chase and a second wreck in southwest Houston.

According to officials, two cars were involved in a minor crash near West Bellfort and South Post Oak. One of the cars apparently didn't stop and the other driver pursued him. A METRO bus was sideswiped during the chase. No one on the bus was hurt.

Eyewitnesses reported the two cars involved in the chase were shooting at each other. Police have not confirmed that at this time.

That's about the worst news report I've ever read. Anyone hear anything else?

flipper

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A minor accident led to a chase and a second wreck in southwest Houston.

According to officials, two cars were involved in a minor crash near West Bellfort and South Post Oak. One of the cars apparently didn't stop and the other driver pursued him. A METRO bus was sideswiped during the chase. No one on the bus was hurt.

Eyewitnesses reported the two cars involved in the chase were shooting at each other. Police have not confirmed that at this time.

That's about the worst news report I've ever read. Anyone hear anything else?

flipper

I can't even imagine "cars" shooting at anything, lol.

that would probably be a lot funnier if I hadn't driven by just before the cops got there....several angry people standing by a pick up with the windows shot out

Yeah, it looked like a pretty scary scene.

flipper

• 6 months later...

Beautiful wood floors, slab granite counters, undermount sinks, glass mosaic tile, glass shower in master bath. French Doors out to beautiful slate patio. Recent electric service, foundation repair, electric/plumbing fixtures, stainless appliances. Great attention to detail and quality throughout.

hr2233007-1.jpg

hr2233007-2.jpg

hr2233007-3.jpg

hr2233007-4.jpg

hr2233007-5.jpg

hr2233007-6.jpg

hr2233007-7.jpg

hr2233007-8.jpg

hr2233007-9.jpg

hr2233007-10.jpg

hr2233007-11.jpg

hr2233007-12.jpg

hr2233007-13.jpg

hr2233007-14.jpg

hr2233007-15.jpg

hr2233007-16.jpg

http://search.har.com/engine/doSearch.cfm?...&FOR_SALE=1

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=...&iwloc=addr

Please note for disclosure purposes, I am the owner and the agent for this property.

PM me if you have any questions.

flipper

Flipper, do you refurbish them ALL the same way ? Just wondering. I like the style, don't get me wrong.

Until we feel that something is outdated or not appealing, or we get sick of it :)

We try to find ways to be creative within each house though.

flipper

Ah, my old stompin' grounds! Parker Elementary, Johnston Junior High, and Westbury High. I wonder what these schools are like nowadays? Beautiful house though, flipper! I haven't seen tile done like that before in a shower with the big slab tiles, and I really liked it. Do you find that a pretty good number of homes in the Westbury area have foundation problems?

Ah, my old stompin' grounds! Parker Elementary, Johnston Junior High, and Westbury High. I wonder what these schools are like nowadays? Beautiful house though, flipper! I haven't seen tile done like that before in a shower with the big slab tiles, and I really liked it. Do you find that a pretty good number of homes in the Westbury area have foundation problems?

I think 77035 and 77096 keep the foundation repair companies in business :)

flipper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are planning to buy a house somewhere in these neighborhoods (Westbury 1 or 2, or maybe 3; Parkwest; Maplewood South). My preference would be Parkwest, because it is pretty & zoned to Parker (we have little kids). But we could be in a nearby neighborhood and magnet in to Parker or Kolter. My question, for residents there, is whether there are other differences that might not be readily apparent. Are there more kids in the neighborhoods zoned to the better schools? (Fewer kids in Maplewood South, for example, than in Parkwest?) And the fees in Maplewood South are higher... do you get more for that? If so, what? Any other insights into the little differences in these neighborhoods would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1

Houston Mod is looking for volunteers who have the time to search out plans and architects there in Meyerland. It will be my main project this summer. I've got a growing list of addresses that will be researched.

My other project is to scan in vintage magazine photos to share.

Jason

I found these two and thought they were interesting. Meyerland seems to be full of great moderns!

Mod on Lymbar

Mod on Birdwood