President Kennedy In Houston Nov. 21, 1963

Vertigo58

There is some discrepancy about which floor and location JFK stayed at in the Rice Hotel right before his untimely demise in Dallas. The Rice has an apartment on the 13th floor labeled as the JFK suite. I have found some evidence that he actually stayed on the 5th floor so I would like to take some “proof” to the management so that they can correctly have it labeled.

31 minutes ago, Michael12345 said:

There is some discrepancy about which floor and location JFK stayed at in the Rice Hotel right before his untimely demise in Dallas. The Rice has an apartment on the 13th floor labeled as the JFK suite. I have found some evidence that he actually stayed on the 5th floor so I would like to take some “proof” to the management so that they can correctly have it labeled.

What is your evidence re: the 5th floor?  And to be clear, he did not spend the night.  He made a brief stop at the hotel to appear at a dinner or lunch, then went on to the Sam Houston Coliseum for a banquet.  Then he went back to Houston International Airport and flew on to Fort Worth, where he spent the night.

Edited by Houston19514

Ironically there is already a HAIF thread on this.

A HAIF user says he used a room on the 5th floor on 11/21.  Another user says he saw a plaque on the 13th floor.  Could it be on one of his visits to Houston JFK actually spent the night on the 13th floor?