The Domain: Mixed-Use District At 11410 Century Oaks Ter.

citykid09

Do you have a link to an article about this attempted breakin? I can't find anything about it on Google.

The rents at Domain for 1 bedrooms is $920 - $1800, and $1620 - $2244 for 2 bedrooms.

nope, but i'll do better...i'll ask my friend who works at the firm that did that louis vuitton to forward me the pic he sent me a while back. i'll post it later today...

regarding the rent..i thought 700 was too good to be true, lol.

here is the pic of the attempted burglary. a barricade was not constructed for the glass, instead LV placed temporary glass till the spec'd glass shows up for installation. oh and i've added some pics of the LV store since none were taken on previous photos ;)

attemptedburglary001.jpg

pics of LV before the grand opening....

sitevisit3-3.jpg

sitevisit3-2.jpg

sitevisit3-4.jpg

I think it was right before the ladies got robbed in Spring, and right after the trouble at Poppa Burger...according to my sources.

Red, with that info you can be houston's own "huggy bear"

huggy.jpg:lol:

Edited by musicman

• 2 years later...

I know those pictures are not representative of greater Austin, but wow ... it looks so ... liveable.

Austin is very "livable". The Domain area is not a likely place to raise the Nuclear family of 4. More for the young hip Urban professional, (used to be a nickname for these people) like a Dellionaire or some software designer, but you gotta have some bucks to make it there. High-end joint. In terms of downtown development, Trae, you couldn't be more wrong. No less than 10 cranes downtown building projects right now, and they aren't malls or bars my friend. Mostly 10 to 20 story lofts trying to acomodate the influx of people slated NOT to be coming here. I would call it "upwards sprawl".

• 14 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Expedia layoffs in Austin again - Austin Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

"In a letter to the Texas Workforce Commission on April 22, Cathy Rankin, Expedia's human resources director, said the layoffs at its 11920 Alterra Parkway office will start on June 21. That's within one of the larger towers on the north end of The Domain in North Austin.

The company did not state a reason for the layoffs in its filing, but a spokesperson said in a statement to the Austin Business Journal that the job cuts are part of about 1,500 cuts globally that it announced on Feb. 22. Expedia previously has said it laid off 64 people at its Austin office in The Domain as part of that move.

Combined, that means the company's 2024 layoffs in Austin are impacting 148 people."

• The title was changed to The Domain: Mixed-Use District At 11410 Century Oaks Ter.