Earth Quest Adventures

Boris

Could this be the possible works of disney....? I did a search and came across this, basically i copied and pasted the whole listing so you can see where i got the Disney from (noted in bold letters:)

Land Features & Description

Disney's Dino Park is being planned just a few minutes north in New Caney. :mellow:

What do ya' think?

That's just being ignorant or unethical. Neither which I support. There is no way this is a Disney property.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, all we have to do is look back at threads of current projects going up. The threads were created two to four years ago. We need patience.

Why is it good that the design is always changing? Because it means they're refining it until they get what they think is best?

no, being stale and complacent is always better than being adaptive and dynamic...

:huh:

• 2 months later...

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling that this is never going to get built due to financing. The article says that they haven't started working on the $50 million that they need for the EarthQuest Institute yet. Not the best climate to try to raise that kind of money.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling that this is never going to get built due to financing. The article says that they haven't started working on the $50 million that they need for the EarthQuest Institute yet. Not the best climate to try to raise that kind of money.

I'm with you on that. I never get excited about anything anymore. If it happens, and I hope it does, then it happens. Same thing with the Dome project.

• 1 month later...
Have they done a single thing to the site yet? Is there even one of those cheesy wood signs with a rendering along the highway? I haven't been over that way in a long time (years). Have they even cleared the land yet?

I am in agreement. A doubtful project for near term. It certainly has not seen the light this year as we originally envisioned!

So you've been out there?

Not me personally but someone told me that there was little done. Maybe I can go out when I am that way in the next two weeks. It could be an economic stimulus to the community, so I would hope that the person who told me that looked in the wrong place. We need all we can get now to liven up the economy.

Not me personally but someone told me that there was little done. Maybe I can go out when I am that way in the next two weeks. It could be an economic stimulus to the community, so I would hope that the person who told me that looked in the wrong place. We need all we can get now to liven up the economy.

Yeah....well, here's an actual update other than "I looked and didn't see anything yet".

http://www.kingwood.com/news/news_detail.php?news_id=2236

Yeah....well, here's an actual update other than "I looked and didn't see anything yet".

http://www.kingwood.com/news/news_detail.php?news_id=2236

I hope they put the presentation online somewhere. And since there's going to be so much other stuff not actually part of the park, including retail, offices etc, I'd think they'll be putting a website up somewhat soon, at least for the office portion exposure.

Yeah, right. That article reads like so many other hyped projects that never end up coming close to the promises, if they even get built. So many of the usual warning flags: Grandiose scale, loads of promises, relatively new consortium without a track record, buzzword abuse, and a trendy but shaky theme overstretched to too many dissimilar aspects. "Eco-tourism! Theme park! Convention center! Water park! Museum! Night Life! Entertainment for all ages and interests! Retail! Office! Green research! Big Box! Apartments! Experimental new social research neighborhood! Cure for the common cold!" More likely just some of the retail, housing, and small strip offices/clinics get built, maybe the water park if the county is lucky. And perhaps a strip club ("Roman Forest, Russian Fingers"?)

Yeah, right. That article reads like so many other hyped projects that never end up coming close to the promises, if they even get built. So many of the usual warning flags: Grandiose scale, loads of promises, relatively new consortium without a track record, buzzword abuse, and a trendy but shaky theme overstretched to too many dissimilar aspects. "Eco-tourism! Theme park! Convention center! Water park! Museum! Night Life! Entertainment for all ages and interests! Retail! Office! Green research! Big Box! Apartments! Experimental new social research neighborhood! Cure for the common cold!" More likely just some of the retail, housing, and small strip offices/clinics get built, maybe the water park if the county is lucky. And perhaps a strip club ("Roman Forest, Russian Fingers"?)

You may be right.

But just curious. How else should they announce their project but besides unveiling their actual plans? Or are you just upset that they always have grandiose plans and don't follow through?

I don't like the idea of too much retail on the west side. For the east side though, why go for an outlet mall? Why not a normal "regional" mall (Macy's, Dillard's, etc.)?

They've already got Deerbrook just south of this area at 59 and 1960. Of course it could use a major upgrade. I hear it's going downhill fast.

• 3 weeks later...

The East Montgomery County Improvement District actually had large-scale models of both the EarthQuest Resort theme park and the EarthQuest Institute available for viewing one day last month at their annual Christmas Open House. A member of another Houston forum group was able to make it up tot he EMCID offices and spoke with a gentlemen who claimed the park is "recession proof."

(It's my understanding, by the way, that the models will eventually be displayed again for public viewing. I called them this week, and they currently don't know when they'll be out on display again.)

I'm certainly convinced this project is in good shape for now, considering so much time and thought has been used to get a team together to outline the program and fundraising efforts. Consider the article on this attachment:

IEDC_Fall_2008_Article.pdf

The EarthQuest Institute rendering on page 2, and the pretty impressive aerial rendering of the entertainment portion of the site on page 6, both seem to be promising. Note the rendering of the Institute matches what's shown for the Institute in the aerial rendering. The rest of the program elements about which we've heard are nearly all visible as well (from left to right): the family entertainment center, the Institute, a resort hotel, the "City Walk," the water park, and the theme park...

If they keep this up to Disney park standards, it will be a hit.

If they start cutting corners and go the Six Flags route, it will following a quick path to deterioration fast.

I really want this to work.

Six Flags started to cut corners cause they bit off more than they could chew...Surprisingly aside from the entrance to the park disney is much cheaper than SF...

I also see a water park on the right end, but I don't recall reading about that.

Fifth paragraph of the most-recently linked article:

The facility will offer a non-profit institute and museum, a theme park and resort including amusement park rides, a zoo facility, displays, exhibits, restaurants, a water park, resort hotel and a 4,000 -car parking structure.

We'll probably all be in our '80s and '90s once it's complete, but if we take good care of ourselves and stay healthy, maybe we'll still be able to enjoy it.
I'll be in my 30s.

Dang, considering that its only 3-4 years away from opening up the first phase, you really think its going to take another 20- 30 years for this thing to be fully built out ?

I'm assuming Kinkaid/Shasta is in his 70s cuz i know Trae is only i his late teens so 10-11 years from now would put him in his 30s..

Kinkaid's telling his age! :lol:

Archived