Got a sneak peek at the 2006 Texans schedule, here is a breakdown:

Week 1) Texans @ Ray Charles school for the Blind in Atlanta

Week 2) Texans @ Girl Scout Troop No.587 in Waco

Week 3) YMCA youth league Panthers @ Texans - (mini helmet night)

Week 4) Brazos Valley Chapter of VFW hall No.86 @ Texans

Week 5) Texans @ Ringling Bros. Clown School in Kissimee, Fl.

Week 6) Paul Revere Middle School @ Texans

Week 7) Texans @ Miss Penelope Minor's School of Ballet in Sugarland

Week 8) Star of Hope Mission @ Texans - (stipulation that if SoH wins,they get to sleep there til next week's game)

Week 9) Cowboys @ Texans

Week 10) Texans @ C Block of DOC in Huntsville -(Texans will have to fend for themselves as addition guards cannot be spared for the game.)

Week 11) Texans @ Earthman Funeral Home -( this is actually a bye week)

Week 12) Kingsville Hospital for the mentally impaired @ Texans

They are apparently still trying to wrangle some teams for the rest of the season, so it should be a good year for us.

^_^

:D:D:D

Dude, wussup wit week 9?!!!

Week 13) Texans @ St. Petersburg Retirement Home

Week 14) Lakewood Church @ Texans

Week 15) Texans @ Survivor Guatamala

Week 16) Huntsville State Penetentary Cell Bk#187 @ Texans

Week 17) Jerry's Kids @ Texans

Week 18) 2004 Super Bowl Halftime performance roster @ Texans

Predicted record with same coaching staff: 6-11

Seriously, I don't really care who coaches the team next year. All I want is Reggie Bush. Bush is the ONLY reason why this past season could have any good come out of it. Can you imagine if after the god-awful year we had so far, we still end up with the 4th pick in the draft?! :lol:

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

semipro, you can say it all you want, but if the Texans have the No. 1 pick, they are taking Bush. You keep forgetting that the NFL is not about winning football games, but about making money. Every fan, except you, expects them to take Bush. If they don't, ticket holders will be furious, translating into cancelled ticket orders and lost revenue. Bob McNair, like Drayton McLane, is all about the marketing. He knows we all expect them to take Bush and build around him and (maybe) Carr, and that is what he will do.

You also forget that the Texans O-line is a decent run blocking group. Where they totally suck is pass blocking. Bush will do well in the NFL. He might as well do well here.

semipro, you can say it all you want, but if the Texans have the No. 1 pick, they are taking Bush. You keep forgetting that the NFL is not about winning football games, but about making money. Every fan, except you, expects them to take Bush. If they don't, ticket holders will be furious, translating into cancelled ticket orders and lost revenue. Bob McNair, like Drayton McLane, is all about the marketing. He knows we all expect them to take Bush and build around him and (maybe) Carr, and that is what he will do.

You also forget that the Texans O-line is a decent run blocking group. Where they totally suck is pass blocking. Bush will do well in the NFL. He might as well do well here.

RedScare, I think Bush is probably the most talented and essential dude they can draft. You seem to think otherwise. What and who do you have in mind?

I'm in the minority in that I don't think it's a fait au compli that the Texans take Bush. I think they'd seriously entertain trade offers and if they come across one that's sweet, they'll trade down.

By the by, this is a pretty deep draft in some areas, including tight end and offensive line. From a marketing standpoint, I could see the Texans drafting Bush (and I wouldn't be too upset, though I think we'd be more going with a pick that'll pay off in three or four years rather than one that would be an essential building block).

You don't win games with skill position. You when it with linemen on both sides of the ball. That said, you push yourself over the top with superior skill position talent.

Take the Colts: Manning, Harrison and James get all the glory, but the Colts have an excellent offensive line and a pair of the best pass rushers (Freeney and Mathis) in the NFL. You take away the OL and the pass rushers and the Colts, even with Manning, Harrison and James, are still a 6-10 type team--just as they were when Jim Mora provided the best press conference ever with his "Playoffs?!" meltdown.

Unless the Texans trade the pick and draft some guy you've never heard of in the first round, I don't think they can screw up their first round pick next year. Where they ALWAYS seem to screw up is in Rounds 2-4. I hope they figure that out this year.

I agree with you, Hizzy on certain things you've mention.

I've seen highlights on this Bush player, and I must say he's a talented player. But, on the other hand like Hizzy mention. You can have all these great players, and still have a screw-up O-Line. What I'm trying to say is, the Texans needs O-Line real bad. I mean real bad. They're good with the run blocking, but the pass blocking SUCKS! Houston needs more vertern linemen then rookies.

Another big time wide-receiver would be a great addition to the offense. Have Andre on the other end, and have another big time receiver on the other.

Great defense players could read David Carr, and knows he's going to throw it to Andre. That's why I suggest the Texans get a free agent receiver, a vertern, and trade Bradford, cause he doesn't show me a whole lot.

They may do better next year then this year, but really Texans need to make it to the playoffs to please the fans.

Edited by houstonsemipro

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp/story...nt/3549287.html

Sounds like the Chronicle, and many fans, have already fired Capers before the Texans have. But I'm wondering if there's any chance that Capers and Casserly (and Carr) have a chance of all of them keeping their jobs after this season.

My reason for saying that is because I remember San Diego a few seasons ago had Marty Schottenheimer as head coach, and ended up with the first pick in the draft (after the season of 2003). They pick Eli Manning, trade him to da Giants, and get Phillip Rivers instead.

Now look at them. They STILL have Schottenheimer as head coach, ended up 10-6 the season AFTER being declared the league worst, and in the 2005 season, they are 9-6 looking to tie their record last season. :blush:

Firing Capers, Casserly, and/or Carr is the easy answer, but maybe the real answer is to keep them, and ADD talent around them. Not only draft Bush, but put money on the roster, look at free agents, and revamp the team around them. Don't even rule out Terrell Owens yet, either. Their team won more with a whiny Owens, than the Texans did with a one-star, talent potential team. And it's not Carr's fault that he got sacked 68 times. :mellow:

I'd IMMEDIATELY fire Capers however, if they beat the 49ers and don't get 1st place in the Draft, simply because it'd be obvious that he's not thinking about next season. I mean c'mon. Will beating the 49ers give you ANY bragging rights, higher morale, or take you to the playoffs? No. What good is there to do something that stupid? :wacko:

What is really going to irk me is if the Texans figure a way to blow having the first pick in the draft. It would be just like us to win this Sunday and hand the first pick to some other city.

Come on Texans, just lose and let's get Number #1.

Now, i can hear all of you saying, "You can't try to lose, come on!" or "That's no attitude for a franchise. We're proud! We want to win!"

I know, I know. But sometimes, you can win by losing. Remember, the Rockets got Hakeem and Sampson by picking #1 (and one by a coin flip). We can't rebuild without a cornerstone and it looks like there may be one in our grasp.

Ok, here is the scenario of what Houston SHOULD do. If they get the No.1 draft pick, use it to trade for some MORE draft picks in the early rounds so they can pick up some linemen and a receiver. OR, trade for a pro-bowl lineman and some draft picks. There is really nothing wrong with Dominic Davis. If Houston starts winning then the seats will fill back up. One guy is NOT gonna turn it around for Houston. Dan Reeves will be smart and trade the number 1 pick for more options. You watch.

Edited by TJones

Well, you better hurry up and call McNair, because they have secretly already said they are drafting Bush.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3549220.html

Sure, there is nothing "wrong" with Davis. There is nothing great about him, either. And defenses don't have to plan around him, like they do the great backs. Reggie Bush instantly makes the line better, Carr a better QB, etc., because defenses have to adjust to him being there. Davis gets a few more yards because defenses key on Carr and Johnson. With Bush, it will be the opposite.

And remember, the Texans have a decent rushing O-line. They just suck at pass protection (along with Carr holding the ball too long).

Well, you better hurry up and call McNair, because they have secretly already said they are drafting Bush.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3549220.html

Sure, there is nothing "wrong" with Davis. There is nothing great about him, either. And defenses don't have to plan around him, like they do the great backs. Reggie Bush instantly makes the line better, Carr a better QB, etc., because defenses have to adjust to him being there. Davis gets a few more yards because defenses key on Carr and Johnson. With Bush, it will be the opposite.

And remember, the Texans have a decent rushing O-line. They just suck at pass protection (along with Carr holding the ball too long).

Well, in Carr's defense, it's a little hard to see who's open when you have a Defensive End in your face. Davis is good for 1200 to 1300 yards if you can get a line up there. We have a real opportunity here to build a real team, can't rely on ONE guy to turn it around.

Edited by TJones

All this hype about this runningback, Reggie Bush. When his butt get's here in Houston next year, watch he get's hurt, cause he gonna try to impress everybody around him.

Beleive me what I tell ya. Davis will be the starting back for next year, while Bush on the sidelines just like this other runningback, Tony Hollings.

Edited by houstonsemipro

All this hype about this runningback, Reggie Bush. When his butt get's here in Houston next year, watch he get's hurt, cause he gonna try to impress everybody around him.

Beleive me what I tell ya. Davis will be the starting back for next year, while Bush on the sidelines just like this other runningback, Tony Hollings.

Who else is a big name in the draft other than Reggie Bush, and what position does he play?

Who else is a big name in the draft other than Reggie Bush, and what position does he play?

Just some guy named Lienhart, HELLO ! Quarterback for Reggie. But now he is listed at like number 5 or 6, should be 2 or 3.

Edited by TJones

Just some guy named Lienhart, HELLO ! Quarterback for Reggie. But now he is listed at like number 5 or 6, should be 2 or 3.

I know about Lienhart (USC). But He and Bush are, like, quarterback and Running Back. Carr and Davis aren't too bad in those positions. What about tail back, or linemen or something?

Ok, here is the scenario of what Houston SHOULD do. If they get the No.1 draft pick, use it to trade for some MORE draft picks in the early rounds so they can pick up some linemen and a receiver. OR, trade for a pro-bowl lineman and some draft picks. There is really nothing wrong with Dominic Davis. If Houston starts winning then the seats will fill back up. One guy is NOT gonna turn it around for Houston. Dan Reeves will be smart and trade the number 1 pick for more options. You watch.

"PLANETS COLLIDE!!! TJONES NMAINGUY JOINED AT THE HIP!!!! FILM AT 11"

Damn! I knew it was bound to happen. TJ and I agree about something 100% after all!

Nice to see a Conservative finally bowing to the wisdom of a Liberal!!!

( I wish I could quit you, TJ) :lol:

B)

Seriously; what TJ said: use the 1st pick or trade it for more...I'd go for trading it but either way but I bow to TJ's wisdom on this one.

See? Gay guys DO have a clue!!! :)

OK, nmain, I think you are as full of it as TJ, and the others. You take the BEST player available. Period. Y'all must all be UT fans, the way you are looking for any way possible not to draft Bush.

But, unless you just bought the team, look to see Reggie as a Texan next year...unless we screw up and beat the Niners. :lol:

OK, nmain, I think you are as full of it as TJ, and the others. You take the BEST player available. Period. Y'all must all be UT fans, the way you are looking for any way possible not to draft Bush.

But, unless you just bought the team, look to see Reggie as a Texan next year...unless we screw up and beat the Niners. :lol:

I would LOVE to be in the position to take the best player available-if we didn't already have such a miserable record with the players we already have taken. I'd drop to my knees for Reggie if I thought it would do any good [and get your mind out of the gutter right now, because I know you, Red! ;) ]

But we DO have a miserable record so now's the time to roll the dice-there's nothing left to lose.

And UT???? I hate to be Owlish on you, but... :lol:

B)

I'm just saying you don't improve a team with multiple second round draft picks, you start with a No. 1 pick. This teams problems won't be solved in one draft. Trading a No. 1 will only get them 2 or 3 picks, and as I said, 2nd rounders are average players.

How do get better with average players? We got a whole roster of them already.

Oh...and sorry about the UT swipe, Owlie.

Edited by RedScare