Carolina Panthers (8-8)

Cleveland Browns (4-12)

Indianapolis Colts (12-4)

Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8)

Oakland Raiders (2-14)

San Diego Chargers (14-2)

Tennessee Titans (8-8)

Edited by Trae

And just when I think the Texans might have an 8-8 season, see .500 for the first time, you all go and post a killer schedule. :angry2:

But seriously, a tough schedule is what makes a playoff team. Win a few of those bad boys and who knows ... we might just get to that 8-8 mark. I'm pretty sure we are going to be much improved next year - just do not know who'll be behind the center.

Edited by houstonfella

We don't need Kevin Kolb. We need a JaMarcus Russel from LSU, or Troy Smith from Ohio State. I like JaMarcus Russel better (he's taller and has a much stronger arm).

I'm eager, Trae, to watch LSU vs ND in the sweet, sweet Sugar Bowl. I know JaMarcus Russel is awfully darn tough in a Vince Young kind of way; I am pretty sure he's jumping to the NFL. Troy Smith is awesome and will be a gamer too. I just hope we don't waste our 1st round draft pick on a nobody.

Dominick Davis is now Dominick Williams and his jersey will now be number 31.

"A new name, a new haircut, new clothes -- let's hope he has a new knee," Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson joked upon hearing the news.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716848

With DW coming back, Dayne having a breakout year, and with Taylor, Lundy, and Gado in the wings seems we have a crowded RB situation. A nice problem to have I suppose, but who do we keep?

With all things being perfect, I'd like to see a DDW/Dayne combo with Taylor in the wings. I liked Taylor a little more than Lundy and Gado didn't show me much.

Edited by Trae

Dominick Davis is now Dominick Williams and his jersey will now be number 31.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716848

With DW coming back, Dayne having a breakout year, and with Taylor, Lundy, and Gado in the wings seems we have a crowded RB situation. A nice problem to have I suppose, but who do we keep?

With all things being perfect, I'd like to see a DDW/Dayne combo with Taylor in the wings. I liked Taylor a little more than Lundy and Gado didn't show me much.

That's great to hear that Dominick will be back as a Texan. Don't throw him away, give him that same chance that they gave Carr, and that was too many chances.

So, pretty much Samkon Gado might get cut and they probably will stick with Lundy, Taylor, Danye and Davis (well Williams now). If that's so, Adrian Peterson may not land here in Houston.

They might draft a lineman, or a wide receiver in the first round?

Edited by houstonsemipro

Scratch off the soft man Cato June. You do not want that man. He is weak against the run. I would go after Adalius Thomas (if Baltimore doesn't re-sign him), or Lance Briggs from the Bears. Chris Brown is too injury prone. There is talk that the Broncos are letting Tatum Bell go, so we could go after him. Also, Clinton Portis might leave Washington, because they have Ladell Betts and TJ Duckett already. I doubt Tennessee lets Bennett go. Hopefully Eric Moulds persuades Nate Clements to become a Texan this offseason (they are former teammates).

I think Carr can be successful in Houston. He just needs to be given another shot and I think the Texas Copperheads are the team to give it to him. He can head down to their offices and ask for a try out. He might be successful in the Arena League and he doesn't have to worry about the pay since he already punched his meal ticket with the Texans. This way everyone wins. The Carr lovers can still see their boy locally, and the Texans can move in a better direction.

Edited by Trae

Broncos letting go Tatum Bell? Wooooo! That would be a blessing in the sky for the Texans, but I can't see that happening. The man rushed 1025 yards in '06, and Broncos thinking about letting him go? I don't think so.

I agree that Cato June is kinda soft against the run. I've witness that when Ron Dayne just completely ran over the Colts like a freight train.

Clinton Portis? I don't know if he lands here in Houston, even Washington do let him go. He's looking for big bucks, and a starting position. So, I'll say no to Portis.

It would be awsome if we get Nate Clements down here. And yes, maybe Eric Moulds could persuade his old teammate, letting him know that the Texans are on the right track and have a chance on going to the playoffs next season.

That's a funny statement you've mention about Carr playing for Arena Football. Hey, that doesn't sounds so bad. It will be a shorter field for him.

Edited by houstonsemipro

"Another decision this offseason for the Texans is what to do at running back if Domanick Davis is able to return from the knee injury that caused him to miss this season. The early struggles of the offense came when they were left without a proven running back after passing on Reggie Bush in the draft, only to lose Davis. Ron Dayne had the best stretch of his NFL career to end the season and wants to stay in Houston, but the team likely won't keep both him and Davis."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9903708

"Another decision this offseason for the Texans is what to do at running back if Domanick Davis is able to return from the knee injury that caused him to miss this season. The early struggles of the offense came when they were left without a proven running back after passing on Reggie Bush in the draft, only to lose Davis. Ron Dayne had the best stretch of his NFL career to end the season and wants to stay in Houston, but the team likely won't keep both him and Davis."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9903708

The Texans would be stupid if they didn't try to keep both. What do you do now; depend on Davis/Williams? That's part of the reason why we didn't draft Bush in the first place. If Davis/Williams (and I call him that because there's another Williams on the team) is healthy enough to return, he shouldn't even be starting yet; that spot belongs to Dayne for now. Get D. Williams to work his way in instead of blowing his knee within the 1st quarter of the season. Neither D. Williams or Dayne are capable of playing a full game. They need to switch each other out.

Dayne is a big bruiser type back, DJ. If he became starter, he will get injuried. Look at the second to last game against Colts. He hurt his ankle and Kubiak set him out during the Browns. I say make Dayne 2nd string, going in and out with the 1st string, or a 3rd down back. Question is, will Dominick be healthly?

Their not going to keep all 5 backs; Lundy, Williams(better known as Davis), Dayne, Gado and Taylor. One, or two of them have to go. I already know one of them maybe gone, Gado.

Now, I was looking at the 2007 Draft order on NFL.com. I see that Washington is in position to grab Adrian Peterson for the 6th pick in the 1st round. If they do, say bye-bye to Portis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9901730

Edited by houstonsemipro

The Texans got some work to do,although they are not far from making the playoffs.O-Line and QB should be priority.

Even though the COWBOYS season isnt over,at some point we may need some O-Line help also.And we all know we need DB's.

Who ever said coaching is right,but its not Big Bill.It's the fact that we let Payton get away.Our play calling sucks right now.Got to get the ball to TO more.

If I were Texans. I'll draft Kevin Kolb, this man is so underrated and alot of teams is going to overlook him. I'll say grab Kevin place him 2nd string, and get Jake Plummer to lend the offense while he teaches Kevin the system. Most likely if Texans do grab Plummer, they will sign him for a 2 year contract, and that's perfect for a rookie to step in a year or so.

For Sage Rosenfels? I don't know. Sage could also lend this team, but it will be up to Kubiak, Rick Smith and Bob McNair to make that call.

And IF Washington offered us Portis for the 8th pick. I think I would take it, and cut Williams (davis), or hell keep both of them. Williams will be making $13 million next season they've mention somewhere on a sports website. So if the Texans salary cap is up to par, keep both.

Edited by houstonsemipro

If I were Texans. I'll draft Kevin Kolb, this man is so underrated and alot of teams is going to overlook him. I'll say grab Kevin place him 2nd string, and get Jake Plummer to lend the offense while he teaches Kevin the system. Most likely if Texans do grab Plummer, they will sign him for a 2 year contract, and that's perfect for a rookie to step in a year or so.

For Sage Rosenfels? I don't know. Sage could also lend this team, but it will be up to Kubiak, Rick Smith and Bob McNair to make that call.

And IF Washington offered us Portis for the 8th pick. I think I would take it, and cut Williams (davis), or hell keep both of them. Williams will be making $13 million next season they've mention somewhere on a sports website. So if the Texans salary cap is up to par, keep both.

The Texans need to work on their depth and go on a shopping spree in free-agency. I wouldn't cut anyone until training camp '007 when I knew what they'd be bringing in the regular season. Trade one of your backs for a pick; don't just cut him just yet.

If Carr wants to win, he won't care if he's starter or backup. In that case, go for Plummer and have the two fight in the offseason for the starter job. That way, we don't have to waste our draft pick on a QB (which should have been done last season if ever at all). Congrats to Young for winning Offensive Player of the Year, by the way. Congrats to Mario Williams for...um...helping us win six games. I do think he'll be a great player in his position, but his position needs more power beside him.

D. Williams had over a year to recover from surgery, so he'll be in playing shape. If he isn't, he shouldn't be playing football at all. If Portis can play, then yeah, switch those two out as well. Once again, depth. The Texans are in NO position to rely on one guy for one position. No one is capable of being consistant on the Texans yet except Ryans and Johnson, and if either get injured, then what? The Texans have more than enough money to spend. They're one of the top 10 richest teams in American sports. If they make it to the playoff, they very well could get back into the top three-five. I'm tired of them taking chances in the draft, but Kubiak not taking chances on the field. The coaches and players need more confidence in each other, because that was lacking this season.

One more thing: I wanna see the Texans go out on a limb for their offensive coordinator. They should try pursuing Jim Mora. Yeah, he may try pursuing a head coaching spot with the Cardinals, Steelers (if Cowher doesn't come back), or Dolphins (Nick Saban announced today he's going to Alabama). I don't care. Either that, or get a head coach from college that's not conservative 50% of the time. But that should be top priority.

2nd priority: Protection on both sides of the ball. 3rd: Depth.

what would you guys say if washington offered you clinton portis for the 8th pick of the draft?

I'd say heck no. Overall team depth is the biggest hole for the Texans and we need all the draft picks we have. What the Texans need to do, and I believe Kubiak will, is take the best player on the board at that time with every pick they have regardless of position and try to fill the remaining holes with free agents. I'd love for us to pick Kolb, but I don't think he will be there by the 7th pick of the second round. Even if he was, I don't think he would be the best athlete on the board. Texans picked up the rookie of the year in the second round behind 5 other LB's, I'd like to see them pull out a few more gems like that in the upcoming draft. Overall depth of a team is as important as having a full stable of skills position players. Just ask the Colts next week after they lose another first round playoff game because they can score 35 points but can't stop the run.

The Texans got some work to do,although they are not far from making the playoffs.O-Line and QB should be priority.

Even though the COWBOYS season isnt over,at some point we may need some O-Line help also.And we all know we need DB's.

Who ever said coaching is right,but its not Big Bill.It's the fact that we let Payton get away.Our play calling sucks right now.Got to get the ball to TO more.

Guess who calls the plays? Bill Parcells. Now, Mike Zimmer is a horrible defensive coordinator. But Bill Parcells is very conservative and very old school and you can see it in the playcalling. BP does not like to blitz much because he doesn't like to get burned. The result, we are one of the worse teams to pressure teh qb and it hurts our secondary. A good pash rush makes a good secondary and vice versa. Offensively, he and Sparano are calling the shots. We ran 3 straight sweeps in the Philly game. We ran a sweep on 4th and goal from the 2. How stupid.

Also, I wouldn't say that TO kept us out of the playoffs. But I can live without the distractions. I can live without the media jumping to create any negativity regarding the Dallas Cowboys everytime I turn on the tv or listen to the radio. Most of that has been around TO this season.

The Texans won't be drafting a rookie quarterback. Look for one these verterns (Jake Plummer, or Jeff Gracia) to come in this offseason.

It was ok to draft a ROOKIE QB last year but not this year ? Ridiculous, I used to like 'ol Jake the Snake, but he has floundered as a pro. He would make a good backup since he already knows Kubiak's system and could help a Rookie learn the system, but Jake ain't no starter for the Texans.

Like Isaid before, take an impact player, you got 2 good choices of QBs this year. I would take Quinn, because I personally think Smith is too short, but Doug Flutie was shorter, and did amazing things.

Edited by TJones

It was ok to draft a ROOKIE QB last year but not this year ? Ridiculous, I used to like 'ol Jake the Smake, but he has floundered as a pro. He would make a good backup since he already knows Kubiak's system and could help a Rookie learn the system, but Jake ain't no starter for the Texans.

Like Isaid before, take an impact player, you got 2 good choices of QBs this year. I would take Quinn, because I personally think Smith is too short, but Doug Flutie was shorter, and did amazing things.

What do you think about Russell TJones? He's a pretty big guy!

What do you think about Russell TJones? He's a pretty big guy!

I'll do a scouting report and let you know. I haven't watched or heard ANYTHING about him. Maybe I am running with the wrong crowd again.

EDIT: Ok, everything I am reading makes me like him. He kills ND in the Sugar Bowl, and you are right. he is HUGE. 6'6", 260. GTFOH ! MVP at the Sugar, been a starter for LSU for 2 years, SEC player of the year 2005, and he is smart also. Academic Honor Roll, First Team All SEC. Just think if he took that one more year to play ? I hear ya JASON. I hear ya. He is kinda like a Culpepper but I think he might be even better. I think I would do the last year and become a superstud, and try to win the National Championship, and get my Draft ranking up and get my signing bonus up.

Edited by TJones

NFL report card is in, and they gave Houston Texans a C- for the season.

On that same note they mention, wide receiver Andre Johnson sorely needs a more explosive complement than Eric Moulds. With some talent additions in the secondary, the defense should continue to get better. Really, quarterback David Carr is the No. 1 problem. He just didn't get any better as the season progressed.

To check out other teams grades log on to http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-g...o&type=lgns