2910 Crawford St

IntheKnowHouston

Posts about 2910 Crawford found in other threads on the forum:

On 1/18/2009 at 8:00 AM, gazhomme said:

That shelter is the #1 source of non-Midtown resident foot traffic east of Main St.

And before someone argues that they too are residents, $7-10 a night for a bed does not make you a resident.

According to the Texas DPS, 3 registered Sex Offenders are using 2910 Crawford St as their permanent address.

Given the condition of the "Midtown Lodge" I'm sure a city inspector could find numerous citable circumstances. I

On 10/6/2016 at 8:54 AM, corbs315 said:

Sorry, little joke. This family annoys me. They own 2910 Crawford, which is basically a halfway house that's really a blight on the Baldwin Park area...I don't know why they don't let go of it, but there is a black mercedes that shows up every afternoon for...collection? I don't know. I wish the news would investigate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/3qush8/midtown_lodge/

http://www.bedbugregistry.com/location/TX/77004-2729/Houston/2910 Crawford St

But that's off topic.

This project looks interesting!

On 7/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, corbs315 said:

The Midtown Lodge (flop house at 2910 Crawford) was finally sold and sounds like it's being cleared out. Some possibly good news there!

On 7/2/2021 at 11:42 AM, Texasota said:

The building isn't anything special, but if they could quickly make it ready for commercial that would be very handy for the area.

On 7/2/2021 at 2:57 PM, Ren said:

Is it confirmed sold? Are there any leads on who bought it or what it might become?

I live nearby and would love to see this become chill neighborhood-friendly restaurant or bar.

On 7/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, corbs315 said:

Grapevine, but I trust my "sources." No idea what it will become. It looked pretty deserted when I walked to Baldwin Park on Friday for a bike.

On 7/3/2021 at 11:32 PM, Ross said:

Now this is interesting. When Midtown started developing, the property was owned by PDS Enterprises/Investments. In 2005, PDS sold the property to an entity named Intercity Enterprises LP. The general partner of Intercity is La Colombe d'Or Properties, llc, formerly known as Intercity Partners, lc. In 2011, the property was sold to Zimmerman Interests, Inc. The President of La Colombe d'Or Properties at the time was Stephen Zimmerman. It's now Daniel Zimmerman, his son.

There are no recent ownership transfers filed, so we will have to wait and see what happens to this lot.

Fun story. When we moved to Midtown, I paid a lot of attention to tax appraisals. I noticed that the PDS property was taxed using the old land values, so the appraisal was way off. I called HCAD and had a conversation with some lower level apparatchik who tried to tell me that the property was in a different neighborhood than the adjacent townhouses, and that accounted for the difference in valuation. I ended up talking to a higher level appraiser, and pointed out that different neighborhood number notwithstanding, there was no way that the property on one side of the block was worth $2/sq ft and the other side $20/sq ft. The appraiser told me it was too late to change for that year, but promised to get it reappraised the next year. He was true to his word, as the next year the appraisal went up from something like $35,000 to $300,000. I saw a protest was filed, but the value didn't change. 

On 7/6/2021 at 12:03 PM, Michael Lewis said:

@corbs315Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Let's hope that the closure is indeed secured, and that something neighborhood-friendly will occupy the space.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, corbs315 said:

The Midtown Lodge (flop house at 2910 Crawford) was finally sold and sounds like it's being cleared out. Some possibly good news there!

On 7/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, corbs315 said:

Grapevine, but I trust my "sources." No idea what it will become. It looked pretty deserted when I walked to Baldwin Park on Friday for a bike.

The former site of Midtown Lodge at 2910 Crawford Street will become a bar or lounge.

The proprietors of steakhouse Gatsby's at 4319 Montrose Blvd  (also operated former Montrose lounges Victor and Her) are opening a nightlife concept on the property.

The name of the lounge is Norwood. It may be part cocktail bar and lounge.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dbigtex56 said:

I bet the neighbors are overjoyed.

They are now. There will be no animals. From the Chronicle pay site:

Shortly after a new Midtown club boasted that it would have a live zebra and camel at its opening last weekend, the city’s animal control department stepped in with a message: It would need a permit for that.

The owners of Babylon, which opened Friday on Hadley Street in the former site of Howl at the Moon, ditched their plans for the live animals after the city informed them of the wild animal permit process, according to the city. It includes requirements for an inspection and 20 days notice of the event, among other criteria

15 hours ago, Ross said:

They are now. There will be no animals. From the Chronicle pay site:

Shortly after a new Midtown club boasted that it would have a live zebra and camel at its opening last weekend, the city’s animal control department stepped in with a message: It would need a permit for that.

The owners of Babylon, which opened Friday on Hadley Street in the former site of Howl at the Moon, ditched their plans for the live animals after the city informed them of the wild animal permit process, according to the city. It includes requirements for an inspection and 20 days notice of the event, among other criteria

This is not the thread for Babylon.  

Edited by Houston19514

On 7/5/2022 at 6:51 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The former site of Midtown Lodge at 2910 Crawford Street will become a bar or lounge.

The proprietors of steakhouse Gatsby's at 4319 Montrose Blvd  (also operated former Montrose lounges Victor and Her) are opening a nightlife concept on the property.

The name of the lounge is Norwood. It may be part cocktail bar and lounge.

On 7/5/2022 at 5:33 PM, corbs315 said:

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 5.33.09 PM.png

A video of the renovation so far for forthcoming bar and lounge Norwood. This is replacing Midtown Lodge at 2910 Crawford St.

The video was posted a few days ago on Instagram by one of the owners.

https://i.imgur.com/5I7xGIF.mp4

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The owner or co-owner of Norwood is now billing it as a restaurant and lounge. This is the description provided in Luis Rangel's Instagram bio for his forthcoming projects.

Norwood is the latest hospitality concept from the group behind Gatsby's Prime Steakhouse and Gatsby's Prime Seafood. It's taking over the building previously known as the Midtown Lodge at 2910 Crawford.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 2910 Crawford St