Bike Route for all my pics

hindesky

Started early in order to chase a Bike Tag, using detective work I figured out where it was. But we have so many playing the game you need to get them before someone else does. What I had to find...the mini "Love" tiles.

aIEWAIN.jpg

My Bike Tag someone will have to find.

Af2ZNzv.jpg

My route today

bl26ijw.jpg

• Like 2

Very short ride today, had to chase a Bike Tag first and find a new one for others to find. Wanted to get back home to watch the Masters golf tournament since they had an early start to accommodate the NFL in the afternoon.

Ku81qJw.jpg

Bike Tag I had to find, easy lay up for me at the north side of the Midtown Park next to Camden McGowen.

gpmTQGM.jpg

My Bike Tag someone will have to find.

O5UHp5v.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Started my ride earlier than normal cause the rain was going to arrive late morning. Didn't quite beat it though, it started raining while at the Regent Square and got progressively harder the closer I got home. 

aollFkE.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

Rode toady and I'm still looking for a Bike Tag, I've looked in the Museum District, parts of Midtown, parts of Montrose and in the 1st Ward but still no luck. I think I've seen this Ivy covered building but can't place where in my mind. Oh well I still got some miles and took some construction pics.

KtqvNkc.jpg

jMdKt6C.jpg

• Like 1

Rode the early portion of my ride to chase an easy Bike Tag find, coolest ride this winter so far. Found the Tag and hustled to a new mural by Nicky Davis in Timbergrove. Whole time worrying if someone going to beat me because I'm going so far before I post my find. Ride back home to post my new Bike Tag and then hop back on the bike for some more miles.

Tag I had to find, easy find in Greenway Plaza.

tIB9Zsm.jpg

My Bike Tag, (some one found it quickly, probably on  Nicky Davis' social media like me)

QJpLfQL.jpg

kdep8yZ.jpg

• Like 1

Coldest ride of the season, tried to dress appropriately but when you start it's never enough till you get the blood flowing. 

sz4wSnr.jpg

I was chasing a Bike Tag that I knew I had seen but couldn't recall where, using a clue I figured out where it was, rode there in the cold and then hurried to find a new Bike Tag. Someone found my clue after a couple hours, it wasn't really that hard to find.

8VNVF22.jpg

Ended up getting 46 miles on a beautiful cold January Saturday.

p5VYpXR.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started my Friday ride chasing for a Bike Tag, it looked to be a bridge base, underpass in the 2nd wrad, so I looked around almost every bridge, overpass, and underpass but didn't find it. Turns out I rode right by it at the silos by Buffalo Bayou east of Jensen, but I didn't see it. Someone else playing the game found it.

0nvUi9O.jpg

This is what I was looking for.

45YbOS0.png

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

Started my ride with zero intention of chasing a Bike Tag because I had no clue where it was. Looked like an outfield fence for a baseball field but there are tons of them around. So I headed south to Rice and TMC taking pics and I had an epiphany while at the A&M project as to where I thought the Bike Tag might be. Dropped all plans to continue east towards UH and high tailed it to Memorial Park. Lo and behold I found it at the tennis court's backboard. I'm not going to post my new Bike Tag cause I'm paranoid that someone on HAIF might be playing the game too. The fat to skinny runner was my biggest clue.

JS45AkP.jpg

Ww1SU3d.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

Almost 40 miles on my Saturday ride, I almost gave up while riding in TMC due to the heavy fog/drizzle but slogged on and it got better weather wise.

0Hr9jOI.jpg

Made a half hearted attempt to find a Bike Tag while heading home through Montrose but this one is a tough find. No luck.

UxL0AeS.png

• Like 3

Got in a good ride and ended with more miles than I thought I would. Ended with the last portion looking for an impossible find for a Bike Tag. The person who posted it gave a cryptic clue to look by who r/houston thinks is the worst taco truck in Houston. Not a taco truck but r/houston thinks Torchys is a horrible taco so I looked close to Torchys near Sheperd St. No luck.

Racoi2K.jpg

Wr6e24c.png

• Like 2

Turns out the elusive Bike Tag I had been hunting was by what many consider to be one of Houston's "best" taco trucks, Tierra Caliente. Someone else found it and posted their new Bike Tag Saturday night. I thought I might have seen and those black tiles looked so much like those black tiles on the lower portions of Weingarten's River Oak Art Deco buildings. No luck. Saw a mural artist working on a mural at the Rice Box on Shepherd Dr. and asked him, he didn't know the mural but suggested I try Rice Village. So I trekked over there but again no luck ( that's when I rode by the Porsche dealership tower crane base). Turns out I was way off base someone found it at old Checkers hamburger place converted to a Taco place on Magnum. How well, gorgeous day for riding and ended up the 3 day weekend with 101 miles of riding.

Bike Tag I was chasing on Sunday.

W8ebpvE.png

t3tTwzy.jpg

My Strava app says I'm the leader in riding on the Elysian Viaduct with 5 rides, probably won't last long once they open it. I saw 3 others riding it today. It's only available on Sundays since no one is working.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2