Sign in to follow this  
chayves4u

Uptown Skyline Update

Somebody posted this on SkyscraperCity, and I thought it was a really neat picture. Did anybody here take it? If so, it's awesome!!

UptownPanoramic.jpg

• Like 2

The Univision sign has been there for a few years, I think, BUT, the Broadstone "lofts" can testify to the recent status of that pic.

• Like 1

actually, the S&B buliding is on Rice, the univision buildin is a bit further down. I pointed out the sign on old HAIF a number of months ago but no one made a comment about it. <shrug>

Ricco

• Like 1

Its not too panoramic...

Its nice, but what would have made it better, is if it was taken more from the South East. To get all the buildings on Post Oak and 610 in the picture.

• Like 1

Its not too panoramic...

Its nice, but what would have made it better, is if it was taken more from the South East. To get all the buildings on Post Oak and 610 in the picture.

like this sorry attempt from my crappy camera?

original.jpg

• Like 2

Those tricky panorama cams are expensive, but worth it. Good job. Seems to be taken from Texas Med District... I'll recognize that view of 5 years of my life from anywhere!

• Like 1

Nice pic even if it is a crapy camera. I still like it. Can you try it again on a sunny day next or was it sunny? Just wondering?

• Like 1

That was taken from Greenway Plaza. Here is a River Oaks version

Edit: This photo is cloudy. Would have been nicer to have clear skies

CZU7Dc0.jpg

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 5

On 11/29/2019 at 9:01 AM, Twinsanity02 said:

Went to the Uptown lighting ceremony last night. The lights and fireworks were spectacular. Santa showed up.

amen to that!!!!!!!!!! the fireworks lasted foreeeeeeeeveeeeeeer!!!! It was so awesome! and the new tree light show was great too! loved it so much and made me so proud as well as happy to see my area looking it's best and entertaining so many happy people...especially all the families with kids that were there! AND on top of that I went to watch some friends at the finish line of the Turkey Trot that morning and quite a few people were talking about how great it was and how they loved the new look of Post Oak Blvd (where the finish line was)...such a fun day in Uptown Houston! 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, gene said:

amen to that!!!!!!!!!! the fireworks lasted foreeeeeeeeveeeeeeer!!!! It was so awesome! and the new tree light show was great too! loved it so much and made me so proud as well as happy to see my area looking it's best and entertaining so many happy people...especially all the families with kids that were there! AND on top of that I went to watch some friends at the finish line of the Turkey Trot that morning and quite a few people were talking about how great it was and how they loved the new look of Post Oak Blvd (where the finish line was)...such a fun day in Uptown Houston! 

Just wait until they eventually redevelop those strip centers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seriously...as they keep up with these taller building filling spots here and there between downtown and uptown we are going to look like a mini manhattan! 

• Like 2

Brookdale Galleria is undergoing a multimillion dollar remodel. Always wondered if they would use that money to power wash the building.  It was so dirty!

Power washing complete.  Looks much better!

XWnLLuN.jpg

ncPQBJe.jpg

• Like 5

next up...powerwash dillards and the dang galleria please 🙏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2020 at 8:07 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Brookdale Galleria is undergoing a multimillion dollar remodel. Always wondered if they would use that money to power wash the building.  It was so dirty!

Power washing complete.  Looks much better!

XWnLLuN.jpg

ncPQBJe.jpg

Finally! When I lived near Richmond I use to drive past this building everyday and it always bugged me how dirty it was. Great to see it's finally getting some love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Storm approaching.  CM was boarded up and closed.  You don't see that often.  They are only closed two days of the year.  It's nice of them so I applaud!

9iByL9M.jpg

S2kXTSO.jpg

• Like 6