MD Anderson Margaret M. Alkek Hospital At 1515 Holcombe Blvd.

woolie

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thing is going to be really tall for the TMC. I am thinking it'll be in the top 5 for height. I have a great view of this project from my balcony and I've loved watching it rise the last few months.

What I have really noticed is how TMC really lights up at night. The Pickens Faculty Tower lights up. Two buildings in the Texas Children's complex light up. The new Memorial Hermann has the changing colors feature at night. The new office building on Holcombe has rainbow light sticks on the facade. I am assuming the new Methodist Outpatient Care Center will light up at night too.

• Like 1

MD Anderson on the one hand is on a hiring freeze and maybe even laying people off, and on the other throwing up not one but two huge buildings. I fail to understand. I know it's complicated and there are lots of things about construction and financing, etc that I'm not privy to, but the average Joe in the street, of which I am one, will look at this situation and be very puzzled.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it matters, but the construction of Alkek started way before the hiring freeze. And the Alkek expansion is to make room for more beds so more patients can be treated and that is definitely a good thing in terms of the needs to cancer patients and income for the hospital. Not to mention the fact that it will enable them to hire more employees once the construction is complete and the economy improves.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to MD Anderson Margaret M. Alkek Hospital For Biomedical Research
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to MD Anderson Margaret M. Alkek Hospital On Bertner Ave.
  • The title was changed to MD Anderson Margaret M. Alkek Hospital At 1515 Holcombe Blvd.