Sign in to follow this  
HoustonMidtown

Any issues

Is anyone else having issues with the website?  

For the last 2 days, when trying to go to Unread Content or randomly doing other things, I am getting "Sorry Something went wrong. Please try again". Error code: EX145

I seem to be able to manually go to the forums and browse

I've been getting the same error for unread content yesterday and today.  Before hand, I just had the error of trying to view it when logged out.  I believe it's a different error code

Problems started Tues afternoon.  All day Wed got the error message no matter what I tried to access or how.  Tried to send a report to the Admins and got an error message that it didn't go through.  Thurs AM I had notifications of responses to previous posts and was able to open those threads.  Since then, I can access everything from the main Forums page but Unread Content returns the error code every time.  A search for the error code reveals this has happened to other Invision boards.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, brucesw said:

A search for the error code reveals this has happened to other Invision boards.

Yep. Googling "Error code: EX145returns a fair number of hits. Appears to be a MySQL database error related to one or more tables getting corrupted and requiring either a table repair or a restore from backups. 

Since Unread Content went "inoperative", it seems that overall posting is not near as much as it was. I guess most members haven't figured out how to use the "Browse" function.

• Haha 1

Do the editors live in Houston?  If so, maybe they were impacted by the flood which means this website is the least of their worries...in the past, they have been on top of issues pretty quickly.

Also, is posting messed up for anyone else?  Whenever I post something, it keeps the text in the editor and warns me that posting times are limited (I assume to prevent double posts)

Same problem here. I thought it was just me but I've tried four different browsers and still get the same error message. 

Apologies.  I have been unable to access the site for the past few days.  I reached out to the site owner but haven't heard back yet.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately only our admin  @HAIF can resolve this issue, but he's been MIA for some time... I myself am having trouble posting, merging threads, etc. Things have been quite shaky here since the new ownership...

If it helps any, it looks like the things branching off of the "activity" tab are what's borked.

Wait wait wait, @editor sold out? When was this? I feel like I'm out of 610 here*...

* Please tell me if that was either funny or obtuse. I have to know.

• Haha 1

Yeah it was around the time the site design changed.  I would search for the posts IF SEARCH WORKED

Yay!  

Thanks to whoever did the lifting on this. 

Finally!  Should have been a simple fix, but I feel like it (and well, Harvey) really killed activity on the site

I am unable to "Mark as Read" or "Load More Content" -- I just says "Loading" and nothing happens.  

It has been happening since yesterday afternoon and on multiple computers

4 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

I am unable to "Mark as Read" or "Load More Content" -- I just says "Loading" and nothing happens.  

It has been happening since yesterday afternoon and on multiple computers

Same here. My custom stream to display new posts since last visit comes up OK, but the Load More Content button at the bottom of the page displays the same behavior you mention. 

Not been able to perform some moderator functions, the “like” button for posts appears not to be working anymore, when I click for the most recent post on a particular topic, it instead takes me to the top of whatever page said post is on. What is going on??

A couple more data points: emoji are not working (everything looks OK when composing a post, but they don't appear when the post is submitted), and the button to insert hyperlinks returns an error, but it's still possible to insert a link by just pasting it into the body of the post. 

The issues I'm having are exactly the same as mkultra. (would insert sad emoji if I could)

Every time I see the title of this thread and the growing list of unresolved issues, I think of Lou Reed's onstage comment from "Take No Prisoners": "Gimme an issue, and I'll give you a tissue..." 

The rest of his definitely-NSFW statement is best left as an exercise for the reader. 

Whenever I make an image-filled posting, I get this stalled "Saving...." message. My post never actually submits and processes.

It appears some issue(s) have been resolved for me...I am able to "Mark As Read" etc.....I still can't post links to pics

Edited by HoustonMidtown

Detailed search feature not working? Trying to search via title of the thread and the search button doesn't process and submit.

Trying to look for Avenue 360 Health in Midtown. 

Edit: I see this, which can also let me achieve the search.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching for:

Edited by ekdrm2d1

I’ve given up performing moderator duties as none of the moderator functions are working for me...Move, Edit, Hide, none of them work. Looks like the administrator doesn’t care either (as this has been going on for weeks) so I guess y’all can say whatever the hell you like now. Lol. =P

8 minutes ago, intencity77 said:

I’ve given up performing moderator duties as none of the moderator functions are working for me...Move, Edit, Hide, none of them work. Looks like the administrator doesn’t care either (as this has been going on for weeks) so I guess y’all can say whatever the hell you like now. Lol. =P

I'd like this post but that doesn't work so moo

22 hours ago, cspwal said:

All of the reactions seemed to have stopped working for me 

B)

Issues update:

- couldn't figure out how to embed and image still - the link dialog box and code dialog box are both broken

- :D Emoticons still seem to be working

- reactions not so much

- auto-bulleted lists don't work either

- the twitter style at tagging isn't working @editor

- finally, the contact us dialog box that you get by clicking the link at the bottom of the page doesn't work

The Link button doesn't work, but you can paste the link directly into the body of the post. An error message will appear at the bottom that says "The link could not be embedded", but if you ignore it the link will indeed work once the post has been submitted. 

2 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

The Link button doesn't work, but you can paste the link directly into the body of the post. An error message will appear at the bottom that says "The link could not be embedded", but if you ignore it the link will indeed work once the post has been submitted. 

Thanks for the reply, and of course you're correct.

I'd prefer to have the link function restored. Call me compulsive, but it looks neater.

14 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

I'd prefer to have the link function restored. Call me compulsive, but it looks neater.

I'd prefer to have all of the functions restored that haven't worked in quite some time. <insert broken eyeroll emoji here>

Can’t add a picture from a URL as dialog box is broken. Can’t edit posts because that dialog is box broken too. Tried on multiple browsers. Functionality is broken