Pearl Rosemont: Multifamily At 102 Dennis St.

skooljunkie

The number of townhomes for sale in that grouping to the bottom left of cityliving's excellent photos continue to go up. There must be 7 or 8 for sale right now. 

Also, that picture POV is wild! So weird seeing my neighborhood from that direction. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wilcal said:

The number of townhomes for sale in that grouping to the bottom left of cityliving's excellent photos continue to go up. There must be 7 or 8 for sale right now. 

Also, that picture POV is wild! So weird seeing my neighborhood from that direction. 

Hmm I only see like 4 or 5 but they couldn't pick a better market to sell and I just feel sorry for any of the buyers that are buying in this market and have to live with another two years of construction noise after buying their home for likely all time high...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Hmm I only see like 4 or 5 but they couldn't pick a better market to sell and I just feel sorry for any of the buyers that are buying in this market and have to live with another two years of construction noise after buying their home for likely all time high...

Very true. And yes, I can certainly hear the heavy trucks go by. At least 1 or 2 an hour during the day. 

I actually am closing on a house in the East End on Friday, but only got it for a decent price because it needs a significant renovation. Our lease is up August 1, so I'll get another few months of getting to watch this one go up. 

After shopping for about 1.5 years, I was pretty unimpressed with the property value increases of any townhome in Montrose and decided I would be better off long term aiming for something that had more land. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wilcal said:

Very true. And yes, I can certainly hear the heavy trucks go by. At least 1 or 2 an hour during the day. 

I actually am closing on a house in the East End on Friday, but only got it for a decent price because it needs a significant renovation. Our lease is up August 1, so I'll get another few months of getting to watch this one go up. 

After shopping for about 1.5 years, I was pretty unimpressed with the property value increases of any townhome in Montrose and decided I would be better off long term aiming for something that had more land. 

Yeah, although I'm far off from buying myself, I like to keep tabs on real estate in different neighorhoods. Montrose is awesome but unless something crazy happens I think I was just born too late! It's very unlikely I'll be able to afford anything in Montrose, so I'm looking more towards the east end or possibly near northside now.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Well yeah I'm talking about building density not population

Our population density is greater though because of the townhomes.  The city changed the minimum units per lot size back in the 1990s thus allowing a building boom of townhouses where once they weren’t allowed by code.  I’ll have to dig it up but Houston has an average density higher than most other sun belt city’s… LA being the exception.  This has also allowed us to keep real estate costs lower than many other places.  LA has recently tried to follow suit in allowing garage apartments (the technical term is lost to me).

So yes, we are much more dense.

• Like 6