GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

^^there are still plenty of parking lots surrounding the area, or do you mean adding them like the original plan had them?

Well just trying to be optimistic...I think I prefer no residential on this 3-block retail project...IF....IF it means that residential will be forced to be built later.....on adjacent surface lots. Thinkaboutit: Tie up residential on allready developed surface lots.....or get rid of EVEN MORE surface lots if demand dictates building more towers a little bit later.

I'm just saying.

^^there are still plenty of parking lots surrounding the area, or do you mean adding them like the original plan had them?

Yes, like the original plan had them. Although the idea of building residential units to fill up those surface lots around the block sounds just as good!

Edited by C2H

According to Emporis, the development has been renamed "Alta Pavilions"

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/cx/?id=houstonpavilions-houston

Furhtermore, according to Emporis, it seems that Wood Partners is indeed involved in this building. Perhaps we'll get those apartment towers, after all, instead of condos.

Edited by UrbaNerd

According to Emporis, the development has been renamed to "Alta Pavilions"

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/cx/?id=houstonpavilions-houston

Furhtermore, according to Emporis, it seems that Wood Partners is indeed involved in this building. Perhaps we'll get those apartment towers, after all, instead of condos.

If i'm understanding your post correctly, I don't think the entire developement changed the name. The Alta Pavilions would have been the name of the residential units inside The Houston Pavilions.

^^^

Well, from what it looks like so far, the entire development's name might have been changed. We'll see. However, this change of info may be a good sign regarding this project.

Oh, and I missed Kinkaid's post earlier:

Last I heard, the condo towers were dead. Instead, they were going to build apartment towers and had lined up Wood Partners out of Atlanta to develop the buildings. Wood Partners is part of the team on the Mosaic project and they just recently completed a project on Almeda (rehab of a 10 story building and new buildings around it) under the name Alta Lofts. The Alta brand is what I heard was going to be rolled out for the Pavilions project.

So, it is indeed renamed to Alta Pavilions.

Edited by UrbaNerd

This is so funny. All along I've been thinking this thing was another Shamrock,that it would just keep getting delayed and never happen, but when I saw the announcement two weeks ago that financing was secured and it would be breaking ground soon, I thought to myself, "Well, maybe I was wrong. It looks like this thing really is going to happen."

BIG MISTAKE! And now only days, DAYS before groundbreaking, they delay it again... 'til February! And does anyone on here, who has watched the fate of visionary projects like this in Houston over the years, really think that come March, we will be seeing cranes above this site?

Believe me, I'd love to be proven wrong, and if there are cranes in March, you can certainly quote the above sentence and I will hang my head in shame. But I thought I was proven wrong a few weeks ago, and then at the last moment, in the final hour, the Houston Pavilions snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Like 1

Are you implying that this project is dung? Why the hard feelings? I think it's nice enough.

i think Kimberly used the term "laxative" loosely. Laxatives get things going (details excluded ;) ). That's what Houston Pavilions needs to get going and running.

If they don't build the Pavilions this year, it will never happen. I don't care who the tenants are, cause they could easily pull out.

So, I'm telling y'all now. If no ground hasn't broken now until the end of this year, it will never happen. Waiting next year is like waiting on the Texans to go to the Super Bowl.

These type of projects always fall through. This will be another Shamrock.

Edited by houstonsemipro

If they don't build the Pavilions this year, it will never happen. I don't care who the tenants are, cause they could easily pull out.

So, I'm telling y'all now. If no ground hasn't broken now until the end of this year, it will never happen. Waiting next year is like waiting on the Texans to go to the Super Bowl.

Ah, the prophet speaks again. ;)

Semipro, you're alright with me now. At first i saw you as a negative downer, but now i see you're just realist. I've quit waiting on the day that HP finally breaks ground. It's been pushed to Feb/Mar 07. Then i bet on February 28 at 11:59 pm, right before that groundbreaking, they'll announce another set back 4 months later. Before we know it, 2008 will be here and still no groundbreaking. :lol::lol::lol:

I bet in 3-4 months from now, they'll be saying the rain caused them another delay. Or they might even go as to say that they couldn't get construction financing for the project. It's so pathetic, i find it funny now.

So fellow HoustonArchitecture board members, sit back and watch Atlanta and Dallas get all these cool projects while Houston sits stagnant! Welcome to Houston, the 4th largest joke of a city in America. The city with no efficient transit options (i.e. rail), no amusement park, 600 sq miles of ghetto, low density, car-centric, unplanned neighborhoods, lack of progress, and etc......................................................

Edited by tierwestah

Semipro, you're alright with me now. At first i saw you as a negative downer, but now i see you're just realist. I've quit waiting on the day that HP finally breaks ground. It's been pushed to Feb/Mar 07. Then i bet on February 28 at 11:59 pm, right before that groundbreaking, they'll announce another set back 4 months later. Before we know it, 2008 will be here and still no groundbreaking. :lol::lol::lol:

I bet in 3/4 months from now, they'll be saying the rain caused them another delay. Or they might even go as to say that they couldn't get construction financing for the project. It's so pathetic, i find it funny now.

So fellow HoustonArchitecture board members, sit back and watch Atlanta and Dallas get all these cool projects while Houston sits stagnant! Welcome to Houston, the 4th largest joke of a city in America. The city with no efficient transit options (i.e. rail), no amusement park, 600 sq miles of ghetto, low density, car-centric, unplanned neighborhoods, lack of progress, and etc......................................................

Who pissed in your porridge?

Very funny >:) . But joke now and cry later. That's all i gotta say. I did my crying on Nov 2nd when i found out on the news.

great, now you can stay your a$$ in San Antonio. You don't have to come back to Houston, ever. I'll stay here and i'll have my daily afternoon drinks in Happy hour once the Houston Pavilions opens. I might even treat a date to a free game of bowling at lucky strike.

great, now you can stay your a$$ in San Antonio. You don't have to come back to Houston, ever. I'll stay here and i'll have my daily afternoon drinks in Happy hour once the Houston Pavilions opens. I might even treat a date to a free game of bowling at lucky strike.

Holy crap -- he's in San Antonio?! :lol:

I like visiting SA from time to time, but it's no place anyone with any appreciation for things urban would ever want to live. That city's about 30 years behind the curve in terms of urban development -- that's part of its charm. To dish on Houston's urban environment from San Antonio is really lame. tierwestah is officially discredited.