Best Pies

I'm going to need some pies later in the week. Does anyone have recommendations?

If you like chocolate cream. Marie Callender's store bought pie is perfect, trust your Uncle Troy on this one, I have eaten enough of them to know.

Flying Saucer's hard to beat. I've been going there as long as I can remember, and they've been there for 40+ years. I think they do somewhere around 1/3 to 1/2 of their annual business between Thanksgiving and Christmas combined, so a long line is putting it mildly. They usually have off-duty police directing traffic around the parking lot.

I'm glad you brought this up.

I'm going to need some baklava for the same reason you'll need pies. Where's the best in town?

I've had really good baklava from Epicure (next door to River Oaks Theatre). Oddly, have never head it from Niko Nikos but I know they make a lot.

Pies---the pecan pie from Goode Co. Yum.

I'm glad you brought this up.

I'm going to need some baklava for the same reason you'll need pies. Where's the best in town?

You just missed the Greek Fest this weekend. Real homemade stuff - yum.

I've had really good baklava from Epicure (next door to River Oaks Theatre). Oddly, have never head it from Niko Nikos but I know they make a lot.

Pies---the pecan pie from Goode Co. Yum.

Oh yeah, I forgot - Goode Co. BBQ. I remember them being kind of pricey though. I'm going to check out House of Pies online.

House of Pies????

Goode Company for Pecan.

I've heard of flying saucer before, but I'm not sure where Crosstimbers is and I don't do lines.

I just looked it up. Goode Company pecan pie is $15.00 and they're $10.50 at House of Pies. I think I'll go to HOP because they have other varieties and it's first come, first served this week (no orders).

What about best fruit pies? I don't do chocolate or cream or meringue or pecan. I have had strawberry pie at HOP, it was pretty good.

Costco has beautiful pies at low prices. And don't forget to gas up for $1.59/gallon. I'm headed there tomorrow for gas and pies. In that order, thank you very much.

My vote is Flying Saucer:

Here's the menu for this year - probably getting close to time to line up!

Flying Saucer Pie Company Thanksgiving Menu

Fruit Pies

Apple $8.75

Peach $9.75

Cherry $9.75

Pumpkin $8.75

Pumpkin w/ cream $9.50

Pecan $10.75

Mince $10.75

Cream Pies

Fresh Strawberry Cream $10.75

Fresh Banana Cream $8.75

Chocolate Cream $8.75

Coconut Cream $8.75

Fresh Lemon Cream $8.75

Cheesecake Pie/ Strawberry Topping $10.75

Cheesecake Pie/ Cherry Topping $10.75

Key Lime Pie $10.75

Don't know if they still carry them but Sam's carried the Plush Pippin Apple pies from the Northwest, frozen, ready-to-bake. They were excellent. They stopped for a while then carried them already baked (not as good - crust gets soggy, better fresh baked), then had the frozen ones again. I let my membership lapse and haven't been in over a year.

CM does some good pies, I had a Bourbon Pecan pie from there last year for the holidays. Can't remember the price.

This topic has me seriously craving strawberry pie, and I find that I am stuck in Baton Rouge where the internet knows no place that has it. Strawberry cream pie at one place, but that's not what I need. I mean the stuff loaded with syrupy strawberries topped with real whipped cream. I might be hitting the frozen section at ye local grocery shoppe.

I hear good things about the pies at Decapos. I've had a few of their deserts which were really tasty. I might have to try their Dutch apple pie. They are in the heights Studewood @ 11th street.

I was HUGELY unimpressed with their Key Lime pie. Crazy expensive too. A $5 Edwards KLP from the grocery store is WAY better.

House of Pies -

The Dutch apple was very good

The pecan was very very good

The coconut cream as TO DIE FOR!

3 pies = $31.00

just curious..i am a big fan of coconut cream pie,

is their's topped with meringue or whipped cream?

Archived